Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

President Museveni wants new jet

Discussion in 'Celebrities Forum' started by MzalendoHalisi, Dec 8, 2007.

1. M

MzalendoHalisi JF-Expert Member

Dec 8, 2007
  2. Pundit

Pundit JF-Expert Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Ndiyo huyu anataka kuwa rais wa East Africa! Kampeni za mwanzo ni pamoja na kufanya ziara kwa kupitia mikoa ya ziwa kwa gari.

Funny character, watu watamtolea Dosier lake la kutoka Mlimani mpaka Upanga Mindu St in his early years.

3. Icadon

Icadon JF-Expert Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Kuna mtu naona kawandikia jamaa barua hii na kasema kitu nilichokuwa nafikiria kuhusu spare parts, na First class airports
    Dear Editor:

Although, I am not a Ugandan citizen, I have visited Uganda and many other African countries and therefore I have developed a habit of always reading all the Ugandan news papers including Radio Katwe. By way of introduction, I am a citizen of one of the G7 countries of the world.

When I was reading the Daily Monitor of Friday, December 7, 2007, I saw that the president of Uganda Mr. Museveni is asking the impoverished people of Uganda to buy him a brand new Presidential Jet G5. And if I am not mistaken or if my memory serves me right, the current G4 presidential jet was purchased not more than four years ago.

But what interest me most is the reason he is giving Ugandans for the purchase of the new G5 presidential jet; and the reason is that the manufacturers of his current G4 model will no longer be manufacturing this particular model, and therefore its spare parts or the cost of sevicing it will be too expensive for the government of Uganda to have the capacity to do so.

I am not an expert in the aviation industry but my country is one of the leaders in the Aerospace Industry and at least I know that even if a certain model is being phased out, its spare parts will always be there at a very affordable prices since these planes like any other machinery and equipment have a life span within which they have to continue operating, with spare parts continously being made affordable to them by the manufacturers. It is like saying that if Ford Motors is no longer going to produce model 2007 of a Ford car, then the spare parts for this particular model will no longer be there, or if they will be there, they will be more expensive than buying a brand new 2008 Ford model.

Considering that without funding which comes from the tax payers of the Western world, Uganda as a country would not be in a position to fund the running of any of its government ministries on its own, I would really like to hear or read what most Ugandans think about this request by Mr. Museveni of having a brand new presidential jet G5 in favour of the current G4 he has at his disposal.

I strongly feel that the reason for acquiring this G5 presidential jet is not strong enough. I am also very surprised to hear Mr. Museveni saying that most Third World airports are not safe. Mr. Museveni should be reminded that building First Class Air Ports in third world countries like Uganda is part of his job. My question to Mr. Museveni and his cronies is, how many First Class Air Ports have you built in Uganda after your twenty years of being in power?

I have travelled in many parts of the world and I have seen some Third World countries like Kenya and Ethiopia which has First Class Air Ports like Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Bole International Airport respectively, which make Museveni's Entebbe International Airport look like an Airstrip.

I am really looking forward to hear Ugandans debate and engage one another on this very recent and yet very interesting topic that Mr. Museveni has thrown to the impoverished people of Uganda who are in dire need of every fund available to them not only to build roads, schools, hospitals and resettled people in the Eastern and Northen part of Uganda who have been living in the Internally Displaced Camps for the last twenty years.

My question is, isn't this Mr. Museveni's usual way of fulfilling his luxurious selfish life style at the expense of the people of Uganda?

Concerned Friend Of Uganda

4. M

Dec 8, 2007
    1. M7 amefika mahali anataka kuishi kama yupo mbinguni- wakati wananchi wake wanatabika kwa umaskini. Tatizo la kukaa madarakani mda mrefu- they become corrupted in minds!

2. Alibadili katiba aendelee kuongoza- sijui mwisho ni hadi lini- na kama ameshaandaa mtu wa kumrithi!

5. Icadon

Icadon JF-Expert Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Rumor has ti kuwa mkewe anapilika pilika za kutaka kuukwa as well.

6. M

Dec 8, 2007
    Icadon,
    Kama Hillary Clinton?