President Jakaya Kikwete of Tanzania Calls for Unity Ahead of General Elections

Kibunango

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 | written by Suleiman Mbatiah

Tanzania’s President Jakaya Kikwete has vehemently called for unity ahead of the national general elections later this year. In addition, he thanked the Tanzanians for showing patriotism, wisdom and maturity despite taints by leaders who preach division. “Don’t waste a minute listening to those who plan ill for the country by dividing us on racial, union and religion lines,” he advised. Political parties in Tanzania are gearing up for the general elections and have been called upon to present their manifestos to the people other than empty and hatred campaigns. Sources told Newstime Africa that the general election will, to a large extent, be shaped by political events that happened in 2009.

The ruling, government, has been accused of spending billions of tax payers’ money on endless foreign trips. Moreover, the country is reported to lag behind in the region in attracting foreign investors. In his New Year message, the President cited that the global recession has adversely affected the country’s economy. “The country projected an economic growth of 7.8 percent but dropped to 5 percent coupled by decline in revenue collection that went down by 9 percent,” he said.

The government is in a rescue mission that will eventually change the country for the better due to the recovery of economies of developed countries. Meanwhile, the Tanzania government has embarked on a subscribers’ cell-phone registration drive across the country. The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA) says a law is underway that will see the sim-card registration mandatory. Statistics within the government reveal that there is an increased mobile phone usage in the country. Over the past eight years, the number of subscribers has risen from 300,000 to 14 million within the six mobile phone service providers in the country.

Source: Newstime Africa

What kind of unity this fella calling for?...my dying genitals!

Unity amidst poverty....what unity...Unity to steal peoples rights....Gooosh!

Why not talk of squandering of national cake by a few heavy-stones?

Why...why tell me..just now!

Bribing people ahead of elections eeh?

Thinking that we dont record the filthy fouls eeh?

Not now dear, not now Mr President...not ever!

We ARE SORRY, BUT WE HAVE TO SAY IT OPENLY, AND IN DAY-LIGHT!huh!

Huyu Mr.President badala ya kuangaika na ku-save his political career ana-angaika na mobile registrations no wonder wenzie wanataka kumn'goa. Priorities zake hajui zipo wapi na anafikiri na yeye ni Nyerere labda kwenye fikra zake, no one will question his choices of our leaders. We utuwekee uongozi uozo dunia ya leo halafu udhani sisi bado tumelala. Eti Unity wakati chama chake kuweka unity kinamshinda. This is what you get when you spend too much time outside your prize. Keep travelling Mh. JK, keep on flying where next, your beloved 'Tottennham Hotspurs' are playing next week how about an exuse trip. Ama kweli waenga walisema alalae usimuamshe, ukimuasha utalala wewe. Wakishindwa CCJ ujue kinachofuata kuchapana bakora hapo Tanzania dalili zote zina elekea huko yetu macho. im liking all this.

what kind of unity this fella calling for?...my dying genitals!

unity amidst poverty....what unity...unity to steal peoples rights....gooosh!

why not talk of squandering of national cake by a few heavy-stones?

why...why tell me..just now!

bribing people ahead of elections eeh?

thinking that we dont record the filthy fouls eeh?

not now dear, not now mr president...not ever!

we are sorry, but we have to say it openly, and in day-light!huh!

i am not diying not me kaaaaa it is them and zeia thithiemu

Uchaguzi ulisha futwa zamani mi na shangaa hafahamu sasa hive kuna e-tanzania gov

When You say unit what you mean? Kuna unit bongo?why kipindi cha uchaguzi tu ndo kuwe na unit?unit itatoka wapi wakati nchi imejaa vyama lukuki ambavyo vina malengo tofauti tofauti?

Back
Top Bottom