Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Presented With Letters, Ryan Admits Requesting Stimulus Cash

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by MaxShimba, Aug 17, 2012.

1. MaxShimba

MaxShimba JF-Expert Member

Aug 17, 2012
    After repeated denials, Paul Ryan has admitted he requested stimulus cash even after sharply criticizing the program.
    As recently as Wednesday in Ohio, Mitt Romney's running mate told ABC's Cincinnati affiliate, WCPO, he did not.

"I never asked for stimulus," Ryan said. "I don't recallÂ… so I really can't comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn't work, it didn't work."

Two years ago, during an interview on WBZ's NewsRadio he was asked by a caller if he "accepted any money" into his district. Ryan said he did not.

"I'm not one [of those] people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money," the congressman answered.

But as we've now learned, Ryan did write letters. He did request stimulus funds.

"The Olympics may be over but Paul Ryan could have gotten a gold medal in hypocrisy," a senior administration official told ABC's Jake Tapper. "As someone who spends all day every day railing against government spending, but then secretly seeks millions in funds for pet projects, he is as Washington as it gets."

In 2009, Ryan wrote to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis asking for stimulus money to cover costs on two energy conservation projects in his home state of Wisconsin. In the letter, Ryan said the funds would help create jobs and reduce "energy consumption" in the state. At least one of the companies received the requested cash.

The letters were first obtained by The Wall Street Journal through the Freedom of Information Act back in early 2010. The Boston Globe turned them up for the first time during this campaign season Wednesday. At that point, a Ryan aide referred ABC News back to what a Ryan spokesman said when the letters first went public.

"If Congressman Ryan is asked to help a Wisconsin entity applying for existing Federal grant funds, he does not believe flawed policy should get in the way of doing his job and providing a legitimate constituent service to his employers," the spokesman told the Milwaukee (Wisc.) Journal Sentinel.
    Thursday, Ryan responded to the questions himself.

"After having these letters called to my attention I checked into them, and they were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled," Ryan said in a statement. "This is why I didn't recall the letters earlier. But they should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that.

"Regardless, it's clear that the Obama stimulus did nothing to stimulate the economy, and now the President is asking to do it all over again."

Source: ABC OTUS News

2. MaxShimba

Aug 17, 2012
    My Take:
    Let me guess; there are plenty of these bizarro Republicaners-mittens who are claiming that the stimulus monies was/is bad... and then asked for the same stimulus money.... just like Paul Ryan!!!!!!!

There is a say: It`s the old `...do as I say, not as I do....` If I were a Democrat running against any of these impetuous guys/gals.... I do be checking if they took and or requested for stimulus funds and than I do beat them over the head with it from start to finish of that race....

God bless America :usa:

3. H

Hofstede JF-Expert Member

Aug 17, 2012
    The Recession is made longer by Republicans' politics. They are rooting for failure by obstracting the solutions hoping will help them win elections. They are a bunch of HYPOCRITES

[video]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/48700294#48697119[/video]

4. B

Bwa'Nchuchu JF-Expert Member

Aug 17, 2012
    You don't end sentences with "are"

5. MaxShimba

Aug 18, 2012
    [h=1]Paul Ryan now says his office requested stimulus funds[/h]http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-17/news/sns-paul-ryan-now-says-his-office-requested-stimulus-funds-20120817_1_stimulus-funds-stimulus-bill-paul-ryan

6. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Aug 18, 2012
  7. H

Aug 18, 2012
    They've been placed exactly where Dems wanted them to be. Ryan has now became politically impotence as a VP pick when it comes to attacking Obama. Dumbney was asked to release five years tax as a deal he refused. They are now embarking in dishonest attacks and mud slings to save their campain

8. B

Aug 18, 2012
    In red, should have been 'become'.

In blue, should have been 'impotent'.

In yellow, should have been 'five year tax returns'.

In green, should have been 'mudslinging'.

9. H

Aug 18, 2012
    Looks like a good linguistic, the fact that you have been able to cite grammatical errors seems my post was well understood. hoping to receive few on this!.

10. B

Aug 18, 2012
    It is 'linguist' and not linguistic.

Linguist is a noun whereas linguistic is an adjective.

About understanding your hogwash, no sir. It is just the usual fatuous liberal talking points that I don't buy into.

11. Yegomasika

Yegomasika JF-Expert Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Huyu Bwa'Nchuchu lazima atakuwa ni GOP!. Kwi kwi kwi.

12. H

Aug 19, 2012
    Reminds me those foolish days in O-level when speaking bombastic words feel like you know well English. What I can see in your words is nothing but sycophancy. Continue arguing on linguistic issues is as good as arguing with a dyke. If you think my post is hogwash why wasting time on nonsense, or silly post?.

13. B

Aug 19, 2012
    Teh teh teh....ain't no need for you to foam at the mouth bruh!

And your grammar sucks.

14. kmdh

kmdh JF-Expert Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Obama mbona naye mnafiki? Si alijifanya yeye hapendi vita wakati alipokuwa anagombea uraisi? Tena wakampa mpaka tuzo la Nobel? Sasa mbona aliingia Libya? Na anadondosha drones kuanzia Pakistani mpaka Yemen mpaka Somalia? Tumwelewe vipi? Tena nafikiri kabla ya uchaguzi anaweza kuivamia Syria au Iran ili iwe October suprise. Halafu anajifanya yeye ni champion wa middle class lakini anavuta sana zile hela za kampeni kutoka Wall street na hollywood. Kama si unafiki huo ni nini? Halafu yeye alipinga vocha za wanafunzi ambao wengi ni weusi ili ziwasaidie waweze kuhudhuria shule za binafsi lakini yeye watoto wake anapeleka hizo hizo shule za binafsi. Si unafiki huo? Fikirieni kidogo msikubali tuu kurudia rudia zile talking points za vyama vya siasa kama kasuku. Jaribuni kuwa free thinkers.