Police Officer Picks $40,000, Returns to Owner

Kishongo

JF-Expert Member
May 4, 2010
Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority (RCAA), yesterday, honoured a police officer for his outstanding honesty after he handed to authorities a bag containing US$40, 000 (approx Rwf24m), which had been misplaced by a passenger at the Kigali International Airport.

Frank Bizimungu, a police constable at the airport, recieved a certificate of appreciation and a cheque worth Rwf300, 000 by Silas Udahemuka, the Director of Airport Operations.
Bizimungu, who works at the airport’s scanner, spotted a small bag which had been left behind by a British national.
“I checked in the bag and I saw money inside. I tried to trace the owner (of the bag) among the passengers who were still in the waiting room but in vain. I decided to report it to my superiors,” Bizimungu told journalists at the airport.
Sandra Kayumba, RwandAir Duty Manager, explained that when Bizimungu reported the misplaced bag, they traced the owner, who was already aboard a Brussels bound Airline.
She noted that Bizimungu’s action was “outstanding” and left Rwandair, the police force and the country with a good image.
The Police officer said he was very happy with the recognition and cash reward.
“This is beyond my imagination because I never expected to be honoured for what I did. I was executing my duties I set out to do and I never thought I would be rewarded for it,” Bizimungu, who is in his early 20s, said.

yaaani laiti angekuwa dar huo mzigo watu washachukua visa ya sudan kusini wakajipumzikie
Big UP KAGAME ..NAONA WATU WANAENDELEZA YOUR SPIRIT

mmmmmmmmmm kazi keli kweli.Sijui ingekuwa hapa Bongo wala huyo polisi wala asingeaga kabisa..Safi sana Rwanda

Kutosalimisha ama kusalimisha hakutegemei kazi ya mtu jamani.Mbona kanisani kwetu mchungaji anashutumiwa kwa wizi na ufisadi?Je, kuhusu mwalimu aliye iba pikipiki kule Dodoma?Tuache kuwahukumu watu kwa kazi zao.A bright and perfect Migistrate makes judgement after through investigation and evidences.Wewe umeokota vingapi maishani mwako na hakusalimisha? Polisi wangapi wamekuwa wanasalimisha mali zetu? We better be honest

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom