Plot to assassinate Raila Odinga?

Raila is a smart politician..and he know he is facing one of his most challenging election in his life time!..first his age does not allow him to postpone his ambitions till 2017 its now or never, second,he has lost most of his trusted lieutenants.....and he is in danger of loosing his deputy Mudavadi.. and if this happens..he may loose the Luhya votes-note Kenyans vote along tribal lines-the second largest tribe in Kenya.Him getting the GEMA-KAMATUSA votes are very minimal.It is for this reason that his team must come out with anything that may attract attention to him and probably win him sympathy votes! and this is the second time,the first one was a grenade that caused a scare at his office,and police investigations revealed it was one of his staff that placed something that looked like a grenade at a flower bed near the entrance to his office in line with an "order from someone powerful in the PM's office"

Raila can be a great leader and i did vote for him in the last elections but his failure to unite his party which composed of the three of the five big tribes-Luhya,Kalenjin and Luo- led me to doubt his ability to unite the 42 tribes in Kenya.Again his failure to tame the tongues of his lieutenants! he works hard to win 1000 votes but one word from one of his lieutenants scares all the votes away
I have no problem with whoever Kenyans will choose as President but lets have people who are willing to serve and unite the country..not those that are only after fulfilling their personal ambitions...at the expense of the security and fragile unity that exists in the country at the moment.Raila must change his tactics,take charge of his campaign and stop scaring the country with baseless and alarming statements!!Midiwo is his cousin,Oburu is his brother,how does he claim he was not aware of all this!!??

Who can manage to kill Raila anyway!! the guy has an intelligence network that only NSIS can only rival!..if Moi failed no one can dare! so this are just public relation gimmicks which are very dangerous to the country..

Raila is a smart politician..and he know he is facing one of his most challenging election in his life time!..first his age does not allow him to postpone his ambitions till 2017 its now or never, second,he has lost most of his trusted lieutenants.....and he is in danger of loosing his deputy Mudavadi.. and if this happens..he may loose the Luhya votes-note Kenyans vote along tribal lines-the second largest tribe in Kenya.Him getting the GEMA-KAMATUSA votes are very minimal.It is for this reason that his team must come out with anything that may attract attention to him and probably win him sympathy votes! and this is the second time,the first one was a grenade that caused a scare at his office,and police investigations revealed it was one of his staff that placed something that looked like a grenade at a flower bed near the entrance to his office in line with an "order from someone powerful in the PM's office"

Raila can be a great leader and i did vote for him in the last elections but his failure to unite his party which composed of the three of the five big tribes-Luhya,Kalenjin and Luo- led me to doubt his ability to unite the 42 tribes in Kenya.Again his failure to tame the tongues of his lieutenants! he works hard to win 1000 votes but one word from one of his lieutenants scares all the votes away
I have no problem with whoever Kenyans will choose as President but lets have people who are willing to serve and unite the country..not those that are only after fulfilling their personal ambitions...at the expense of the security and fragile unity that exists in the country at the moment.Raila must change his tactics,take charge of his campaign and stop scaring the country with baseless and alarming statements!!Midiwo is his cousin,Oburu is his brother,how does he claim he was not aware of all this!!??

Who can manage to kill Raila anyway!! the guy has an intelligence network that only NSIS can only rival!..if Moi failed no one can dare! so this are just public relation gimmicks which are very dangerous to the country..

I was expecting Raila would work subtlely to try to win the presidency. But I see he is adopting the GEMA-KAMATUSA style of politics which are not his weapons of choice right now. And I say such allegations by midiwo only depicts a certain desperation that is creeping in the ODM camp, or if not, their is no unanimty among members which is equally dangerous. Or if there is unanimity, I do not think such tactics would help at the moment and will eventually undermine his ambitions not forgetting that such desparation may spark a deadly civil war.

Polisi wamkaanga Midiwo!

Midiwo questioned over PM assassination plot
Posted by BERNARD MOMANYI on April 10, 2012
JAKOYO-MIDIWO-CID.jpg

The lawmaker who is also the joint government chief whip said he stands by the statement he made in Bondo at the weekend/MIKE KARIUKI

NAIROBI, Kenya Apr 10
– Gem Member of Parliament Jakoyo Midiwo recorded a statement with the police on Tuesday over allegations of a plot to assassinate Prime Minister Raila Odinga.

The legislator spent two hours at the Criminal Investigations Department headquarters.
“I have given the police all the information that I have in regard to this matter and I am confident they are going to investigate it thoroughly,” Midiwo told journalists.

The lawmaker who is also the joint government chief whip said he stands by the statement he made in Bondo at the weekend.
“Yes, I stand by that statement; however I am not going to discuss those details with you.
I have told the police all they needed to know,” he said adding, “the life of any citizen including the Prime Minister cannot be taken lightly. This is a serious matter!” he said after recording a statement with CID’s Head of Investigations Mohammed Amin.

Midiwo has dared Foreign Affairs Minister Prof Sam Ongeri to sue him over the matter after the latter announced on Sunday he was consulting his lawyers with a view to seeking legal redress.
“I am telling Ongeri let us meet in court, he is the one implying that I have implicated him. I only asked him to clarify an issue. He is the one now trying to invite himself to this matter,” he said.

Midiwo was accompanied to the CID headquarters by Cabinet Ministers James Orengo (Lands), Anyang’ Nyong’o (Medical Services) and MPs Ababu Namwamba, Millie Odhiambo, Rachel Shebesh, Olago Oluoch, John Mbadi and Edic Anyanga.
“This is not an idle allegation. This is a serious allegation. We want this investigated. This country has a bad history of political assassinations (and) we can’t take lightly an issue involving the life of our party leader. As a party we are determined to ensure the issue is thoroughly investigated,” Namwamba said.

CID director Ndegwa Muhoro said a thorough probe on the claims made by Midiwo will be carried out. ”We will get to the bottom of this matter,” Muhoro said.

Capital FM

Last edited by a moderator:
Tanzanians, don't waste your time popping your nose into kenyan affairs....whether raila becomes president or not doesn't mean aanything to me. whether kenya develops or falls to hell is not my concern, all this is because i don't like the country. mungu ibariki Tz.

A plus for Raila is he has regional outlook. Thats not to downplay Kibaki's contribution to regional Integration , Kibaki actually walks the talk.

A plus for Raila is he has regional outlook. Thats not to downplay Kibaki's contribution to regional Integration , Kibaki actually walks the talk.

...nada!..I beg to differ by a mile. Thats the biggest tribalist Kenya has ever had since Moi!

...why does he keep calling Kenyans "Mavi ya Kuku?'...so much for integration!

...Ishara nyingine kuonyesha jinsi camp ya Raila inavyozidi kupanic kwa hofu ya kupoteza nafasi ya urais...

...Ata kabla kauli ya Raila ya kukurupuka kuhusu "korti bandia" iliyomlazimisha kuomba msamaha haijaisahaulika sasa wanakuja na strategy ya kutafuta huruma za wananchi, Raila anaweza akasema chochote ili mradi apate urais, lakini bahati mbaya kwake haita-work,Raila Kwisha...

...nada!..I beg to differ by a mile. Thats the biggest tribalist Kenya has ever had since Moi!

...why does he keep calling Kenyans "Mavi ya Kuku?'...so much for integration!

i am talking about EA integration. See how much he has achieved via bi lateral agreements with Rwanda. Kenya has waived work permit fee for all EA citizen.

Raila will not rule Kenya and will end up desperate like his father Oginga Odinga

raila ndio next president wa kenya unless obama awe amekufa, read the dotts, unganisha na yanayokea ICC utalewa tu, mwisho wa enzi za gikuyu people

Hehehe!........

Ab-Titchaz, PS do not harbour passionate dislike of kibaki, let us pick the positives. Why are we not mentioing the fact that Midiwo's claims have already sparked border tensions at the border between the Kisii and the Luos?? And also biggest tribalist than moi! which scale is being using to measure their traibalism given the differing term periods this people have been in office??

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/politics/Reports+of+tension+over+Raila+murder+plot/-/1064/1383658/-/gnab07/-/index.html

Back
Top Bottom