Passenger plane crashes in Nigeria

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
[h=1]Passenger plane crashes in Nigeria[/h]By the CNN Wire Staff
June 3, 2012 -- Updated 1652 GMT (0052 HKT)

120603044444-nigeria-map-story-body.jpg

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• NEW: The flight from Abuja was en route to Lagos, a state rescue official says
  • 153 people were on board, the official says

• The flight crashed into a building, the official says

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) -- An airplane with 153 people on board crashed in a densely populated area of Lagos, Nigeria, on Sunday, a state rescue official said.
The Dana Air flight crashed into a building, said Akande Iyiola, zone coordinator with Nigeria's Emergency Management Agency.
Live Blog: Passenger plane crashes in Nigeria
The number of casualties was not immediately known.
The flight from Abuja was en route to Lagos, Iyiola said.
The crash triggered three house fires, said Labaran Ahmed, a rescue officer with the agency.
There was no immediate statement from the airline

A state official says a passenger plane has crashed into a two-story building in Nigeria's largest city of Lagos. Femi Oke-Osanyinpolu, Lagos state emergency state manager, said Sunday that casualty numbers are unknown.

Harold Denuren, head of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, confirmed the crash.
He said the Dana Air flight was heading from Lagos to Abuja in Nigeria. He said federal authorities were on their way to the site of the crash.

Naijapals

AuefFiZCIAILLh9.jpg:large

That country is going through a lot na sasa ndege. Poleni sana wandugu.

Ndio maana naogopa sana ndege mimi,,,yani nikikaribia safari huwa sina amani kabisa dah..poleni sana wafiwa
You have made my day! I hope a car and ship are the best options for you, for they never crashed before. That is how I thougth after reading your comment line!

You have made my day! I hope a car and ship are the best options for you, for they never crashed before. That is how I thougth after reading your comment line!

A%20S-cry.gif
Aisee the world is coming to an end jamani. Usikute hiyo ni kazi ya wenzentu BOKOHARAM jamani them people are evil. Funny lakini they should realise kuwa they will also die and stand before the Almighty kujibu. MUNGU AWALAZE ROHO YA WAMAREHEMU WOTE IN PEACE

Ndio maana naogopa sana ndege mimi,,,yani nikikaribia safari huwa sina amani kabisa dah..poleni sana wafiwa

:shock: Daah jamani safari ni safari tuu siku zako isipofika ufiii ---- God holds our lives so do not be scared of travelling sometimes it is fun to travel by air. Poleee sasa sisi ambae every forthnight tuko hewani je inakuaje ??? You normally get used to planes. These days we are our own devils and not God but when you put your life in the hands of God believe me you --- protection is guranteed. Cheers travel and go places usiogope

406832-01-02.jpg

A helicopter hovers over the scene of the plane crash in Nigeria's largest city Lagos on June 3, 2012. The Dana aircraft carrying 153 people plunged onto a plot containing a church, a two-storey residential building and a printing shop with all those aboard feared dead.

Nigeriacrash1.jpg

Nigeriacrashsite.jpg

The plane carrying 153 people from Abuja to Lagos plunged into the Toyin residential area of the Iju Ishaga neighborhood of Nigeria's largest city, with all those aboard feared dead.

405057-01-02.jpg

Soldiers disperse onlookers on June 3, 2012 at the scene of the crash.

404411-01-02.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: BAK
Back
Top Bottom