Palestinian submit bid for statehood at The United Nations

Hamas is warning Abbas not to go ahead with the plan for full UN recognition. Who is the legitimate representative of the Palestinian people - Hamas or PLO or by a two state solution do the Palestinians mean a state called Gaza and a second state called The West Bank?

The question is, was there anywhere else for the Israelites to go?
I mean, even Falashas were there before Palestinians?...... all those russian soldiers claiming that they were there before Palestinians?
Speaking of US-mexico..... it's the border that crossed people, not the people that crossed the border!

I think the question is, why can't Arabs take their fellas "Palestinians"? Do you know that the total of Arabs live in Israel as Citizens are almost 200,000!! They are called Israeli Arabs. At the same time, the arab countries like Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Lybia, Iran quite officially, by the government edicts, EXPELLED their Jewish citizens and took all their propetries.

Palestinian officials will visit Nigeria and Gabon to persuade the two members of the United Nations Security Council to support the Palestinian bid for the UN membership, a Palestinian negotiator said Sunday.

The United States presses the two African states not to vote for the Palestinian request, said Mohammed Ishteya, the Palestinian negotiator.
The two state's support would help muster the nine votes the Palestinians need to secure that their request is admitted in the 15-member Security Council.

The Palestinian delegations will head to Gabon and Nigeria soon, Ishteya said, adding that this is part of "the diplomatic war" to obtain recognition of a Palestinian state on the lands occupied by Israel in 1967.

By putting pressure on Gabon and Nigeria, the Obama administration can avoid using the veto to block the Palestinian bid.

"The Palestinian leadership have assurances that we will get nine votes for the favor of our request," Ishteya told the Voice of Palestine radio.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas submitted the request Friday. The Security Council will meet Monday to study the Palestinian bid.

The United States wants the Palestinians to resume the peace talks with Israel instead of requesting a UN membership, but the Palestinians want Israel to recognize the borders of the future Palestinian state and halt the Jewish settlement activities inside these borders before the talks are resumed.

The Jew only listen one language "WAR" sijui kwanini wanahangaika na hii kitu diplomacy does not work with this crooks...fight them until they surrender

I think the question is, why can't Arabs take their fellas "Palestinians"? Do you know that the total of Arabs live in Israel as Citizens are almost 200,000!! They are called Israeli Arabs. At the same time, the arab countries like Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Lybia, Iran quite officially, by the government edicts, EXPELLED their Jewish citizens and took all their propetries.
It's better to state facts.......
Like,....Iran has a Jewish member of the parliament/congress.

Hamas is warning Abbas not to go ahead with the plan for full UN recognition. Who is the legitimate representative of the Palestinian people - Hamas or PLO or by a two state solution do the Palestinians mean a state called Gaza and a second state called The West Bank?
No sir, with '67 borders, the jail they call Gaza will just be a small district. So the answer is a Palestinian state!

Baadhi ya wananchi wa US na Obama wao i wanafiki.. obama anadai eti kuna peace talks...!! while in reality hakuna peace talks!... amani itapatikana pale tu israhell wataondoka maeneo ambayo wanayakalia kwa mambavu... kama inavyokuwa adressed na medias wakati wakiongelea hayo maeneo, ... ujirani wao utabaki tu kama wa south & north korea ..
Halafu ukibaki hivyohivyo nani anaathirika zaidi kati ya ndugu zako na Israel?

sidhani kama kikwete kakurupuka.sababu tangu enzi za Mwl. Nyerere,alikuwa akiwasapoti wapalestina na kuwatambua kama taifa.nadhani kikwete kaendeleza fikra za mwalimu.
Kikwete kaendeleza kukurupuka kama alivyofanya babu yake Nyerere. Kiongozi anayeangalia maslahi ya nchi yake hawezi kukataa project ya maji hadi dodoma kwa kuogopa nile itakauka. In other ways Nyerere aliamua kuwahakikishia wamisri chakula at expense of watu wa shinyanga, tabora, singida na dodoma.

Alaaniwe atakaye Ilaani Israel,na Abarikiwe atakaye Ibariki Israel...
2 Chronicles 6:5-6 'Since the day that I brought My people from the land of Egypt, I did not choose a city out of all the tribes of Israel in which to build a house that My name might be there, nor did I choose any man for a leader over My people Israel; but I have chosen Jerusalem that My name might be there, and I have chosen David to be over My people Israel.'

Whether "the world" likes it or not, the Bible tells us that God gave Abraham and his descendents all the land of Israel, spanning to the Euphrates River

No sir, with '67 borders, the jail they call Gaza will just be a small district. So the answer is a Palestinian state!

Hamas gave a warning to Abbas, who are you to dispute that?

UNITED
NATIONS
A S

0.3A98

• General Assembly
      Security Council
Distr.
GENERAL
ecblank.gif
ecblank.gif
A/66/371
S/2011/592

23 September 2011

Original: English

General Assembly
Sixty-sixth session
Agenda item 116
Admission of new Members to the United Nations
Security Council
Sixty-sixth year

Application of Palestine for admission to membership in the United Nations

Note by the Secretary-General

In accordance with rule 135 of the rules of procedure of the General Assembly and rule 59 of the provisional rules of procedure of the Security Council, the Secretary-General has the honour to circulate herewith the attached application of Palestine for admission to membership in the United Nations, contained in a letter received on 23 September 2011 from its President (see annex I). He also has the honour to circulate a further letter, dated 23 September 2011, received from him at the same time (see annex II).

Annex I

Letter received on 23 September 2011 from the President of Palestine to the Secretary-General

Application of the State of Palestine for admission to membership in the United Nations

I have the profound honour, on behalf of the Palestinian people, to submit this application of the State of Palestine for admission to membership in the United Nations.
This application for membership is being submitted based on the Palestinian people's natural, legal and historic rights and based on United Nations General Assembly resolution 181 (II) of 29 November 1947 as well as the Declaration of Independence of the State of Palestine of 15 November 1988 and the acknowledgement by the General Assembly of this Declaration in resolution 43/177 of 15 December 1988.

In this connection, the State of Palestine affirms its commitment to the achievement of a just, lasting and comprehensive resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict based on the vision of two-States living side by side in peace and security, as endorsed by the United Nations Security Council and General Assembly and the international community as a whole and based on international law and all relevant United Nations resolutions.

For the purpose of this application for admission, a declaration made pursuant to rule 58 of the provisional rules of procedure of the Security Council and rule 134 of the rules of procedure of the General Assembly is appended to this letter (see enclosure).

I should be grateful if you would transmit this letter of application and the declaration to the Presidents of the Security Council and the General Assembly as soon as possible.
(Signed) Mahmoud Abbas
President of the State of Palestine
Chairman of the Executive Committee of the
Palestine Liberation Organization

Enclosure

Declaration

In connection with the application of the State of Palestine for admission to membership in the United Nations, I have the honour, in my capacity as the President of the State of Palestine and as the Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization, the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people, to solemnly declare that the State of Palestine is a peace-loving nation and that it accepts the obligations contained in the Charter of the United Nations and solemnly undertakes to fulfill them.

(Signed) Mahmoud Abbas

Annex II

Letter dated 23 September 2011 from the President of Palestine to the Secretary-General
After decades of displacement, dispossession and the foreign military occupation of my people and with the successful culmination of our State-building program, which has been endorsed by the international community, including the Quartet of the Middle East Peace Process, it is with great pride and honour that I have submitted to you an application for the admission of the State of Palestine to full membership in the United Nations.
On 15 November 1988, the Palestine National Council (PNC) declared the Statehood of Palestine in exercise of the Palestinian people's inalienable right to self-determination. The Declaration of Independence of the State of Palestine was acknowledged by the United Nations General Assembly in resolution 43/177 of 15 December 1988. The right of the Palestinian people to self-determination and independence and the vision of a two-State solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict have been firmly established by General Assembly in numerous resolutions, including, inter alia, resolutions 181 (II) (1947), 3236 (XXIX) (1974), 2649 (XXV) (1970), 2672 (XXV) (1970), 65/16 (2010) and 65/202 (2010) as well as by United Nations Security Council resolutions 242 (1967), 338 (1973) and 1397 (2002) and by the International Court of Justice Advisory Opinion of 9 July 2004 (on the Legal Consequences of the Construction of a Wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory). Furthermore, the vast majority of the international community has stood in support of our inalienable rights as a people, including to statehood, by according bilateral recognition to the State of Palestine on the basis of the 4 June 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital, and the number of such recognitions continues to rise with each passing day.
Palestine's application for membership is made consistent with the rights of the Palestine refugees in accordance with international law and the relevant United Nations resolutions, including General Assembly resolution 194 (III) (1948), and with the status of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) as the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people.
The Palestinian leadership reaffirms the historic commitment of the Palestine Liberation Organization of 9 September 1993. Further, the Palestinian leadership stands committed to resume negotiations on all final status issues - Jerusalem, the Palestine refugees, settlements, borders, security and water - on the basis of the internationally endorsed terms of reference, including the relevant United Nations resolutions, the Madrid principles, including the principle of land for peace, the Arab Peace Initiative and the Quartet Roadmap, which specifically requires a freeze of all Israeli settlement activities.
At this juncture, we appeal to the United Nations to recall the instructions contained in General Assembly resolution 181 (II) (1947) and that "sympathetic consideration" be given to application of the State of Palestine for admission to the United Nations.
Accordingly, I have had the honour to present to Your Excellency the application of the State of Palestine to be a full member of the United Nations as well as a declaration made pursuant to rule 58 of the provisional rules of procedure of the Security Council and rule 134 of the rules of procedure of the General Assembly. I respectfully request that this letter be conveyed to the Security Council and the General Assembly without delay.
(Signed) Mahmoud Abbas

CHANZO: http://unispal.un.org/unispal.nsf/4...f6cf1ed25a5d8fe9852579170050c37f?OpenDocument

It's better to state facts.......
Like,....Iran has a Jewish member of the parliament/congress.
The Palestinians say that because the majority of nations in the world would recognize their country, it must be recognized.

They fail to extend this argument to Israel: the majority of nations in the world recognize the right of Israel to exist, yet Palestine and other Arab nations refuse to stop making their provincial racist grievance into a world issue. Recognize Israel and Israel will recognize you! Peace starts with mutual understandings and common ground.

The Palestinians say that because the majority of nations in the world would recognize their country, it must be recognized.

They fail to extend this argument to Israel: the majority of nations in the world recognize the right of Israel to exist, yet Palestine and other Arab nations refuse to stop making their provincial racist grievance into a world issue. Recognize Israel and Israel will recognize you! Peace starts with mutual understandings and common ground.
Two state solution means, Palestine +Israel so even if there will be factions that won't recognize Israel, that should not be used to undermine the will of the "silent" majority on both sides.
Just be normal...... there's no proof that(scientific) the red sea was once parted, and there's a proof that Jews used to worship at the KA'ABA, there was peace and harmony till the same expansionist ideas of muslims ruined it. So let's not repeat that dark part of the coolest civilization to ever exist on this globe.

Two state solution means, Palestine +Israel so even if there will be factions that won't recognize Israel, that should not be used to undermine the will of the "silent" majority on both sides.
Just be normal...... there's no proof that(scientific) the red sea was once parted, and there's a proof that Jews used to worship at the KA'ABA, there was peace and harmony till the same expansionist ideas of muslims ruined it. So let's not repeat that dark part of the coolest civilization to ever exist on this globe.

SOBY, when given a free choice, Palestinian Arabs prefer to work for Jewish employers and to shop in Israeli stores. They know they won't find good work among their fellow Arabs and they won't find things they need that are good in quality as those made in Israel. Don't watch what they say – watch what they do. There may never be a formal peace between Israel and them but there already is a sort of informal day to day to co-existence – the kind the world says should be replaced by a fence and a boycott of Israel.

Two state solution means, Palestine +Israel so even if there will be factions that won't recognize Israel,

Let, Fatah and Hamas finish their differences first. The paradox of a simultaneous blood feud and brotherly love relationship between the two Palestinian organizations is explained by the supposed sanctity of being fellow Arabs, Muslims, and Palestinians, coupled with a deep and abiding loathing of Israel.
Global Politician - Fatah v. Hamas: Be My Brother or I'll Kill You

Back
Top Bottom