Our second wedding anniversary - makulilo

MAKULILO

May 30, 2010
FOR OUR COTTON (SECOND) WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
(MARIE A. MAKULILO & ERNEST B. MAKULILO)

My Intimate Letter to my lovely wife, Marie Anna Makulilo

My Dearest Marie,

It was on Saturday May 1st, 2010 at Immaculata Catholic Church – University of San Diego when we got married. We said our wedding vows both in Kiswahili and English. This Tuesday May 1st, 2012 we are celebrating our Second Anniversary, commonly known as the Cotton Wedding Anniversary.

In one of the readings during our Nuptial Mass was “For this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh” [Genesis 2:24]. I travelled more than 10, 092 miles = more than 15,746km from Tanzania to California to fulfill God’s wishes. That’s why we are here, having our family as I left my parents to be united with you and for us to become one.
As it is written, I knew you even before you were conceived (Jeremiah 1:4-5), I chose you when planning creation (Ephesians 1:11-12), You are not a mistake (Psalm 139:15-16) and I determine the exact time of your birth and where you would live (Acts 17:26). We live under God’s plan. What we have to do is to love Him more and more, be nice to other people and help others as we would like to be treated. I didn’t come to America by mistake, I didn’t meet you by mistake, we didn’t have Benedikt by mistake – everything is God’s wish. God brought you to me. He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives from God (Proverbs 12:4)

What does marriage mean? The wedding vows clearly stipulate that, husband and wife are united to become one flesh. The key word here is ONE flesh. Nothing can separate the united couple – how can you separate yourself from your own flesh? Marie, I will not hurt you. How can I hurt my own flesh? Husbands love your wives and do not be harsh to them (Colossians 3:19) and most important, as it is in Ephesians 5:28, in the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it.

The most wonderful of all things in my life is the discovery of the new me after being united with you as one flesh. The new me is more ambitious, motivated, focused and concerned about his own body (body united with Marie and Benedikt who is our flesh too). The new Marie is a lovely wife, committed, ambitious, supportive, patient, and great Mama to little Benedikt. We are both sacrificing to one another by caring for each other, helping each other, doing things in and out of our comfort zones. This is what love and family are all about. Above all, thank you so much Marie for being a good wife and Mama to our lovely son, Benedikt.

I cannot imagine what a great and tremendous job you have been doing for Benedikt and me. Many people take for granted when women become pregnant and go into labor for delivery. I was with you all times from pregnancy of Benedikt and in the labor room. The journey women pass through is very tough but very rewarding. Passing through such an experience, you have helped me to have more respect for all women around the world. No one can put a price tag on a mother for what she is doing with a child. I know for sure, Benedikt is so happy and proud to have you as his mother – you give him all the love and care any child in the world wants and deserves.

I am 100% sure that I am not a perfect man or an angel. I am a normal human being with strengths and weaknesses. Please continue to be patient with me, support me, correct me and in my weakness, I need more support to be a better husband and father. "Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongdoing. It does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres"(1 Corinthians 13). This will make our love life smooth and lovely ultimately to a happy family.

When I was growing up, I didn’t need to look on TV or watch Hollywood movies to get inspired or motivated. I was living with my family – The Makulilos. As you know honey, my parents gave us education opportunities. We had to work in all household duties teaching us real family life. Being the 11th out of 13 children, I had to study hard making sure I didn’t blow our family status but more importantly, was to prove that you could be the best on your own and could have a great future life. I succeeded and I am happy it made me to be a very competitive, hardworking, and above all else, a good person. Now, when I look at you and Benedikt, I get back the motivation I used to have. I want to work hard, believe in myself, be a good person and a committed husband and father. I thank God everyday for bringing you to me and that we are united as one flesh in marriage. Let us make sure we make a very happy and joyous family.

One last thing, I have been your lovely and committed husband since May 1st, 2010. I promise to be your husband forever until death does us apart. If I ask you this question: Will you continue to be my lovely and supportive wife until death? I know what the answer is: Absolutely YES. On Saturday May 1st, 2010 you said, “I take you, Ernest Boniface Makulilo to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health, to hold and to cherish, from this day forward, until death do us apart”.

Nakupenda Sana Mke Wangu, Marie

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARIE

It is me, your lovely and caring husband

Ernest B. Makulilo

MUNGU awatangulie, Marie, hope umeisoma thread ya mzee kwa umakn..dah, jamaa kwel anakupenda! Ingekuwa mitaa flan ya hku kwetu lazma watu wangekuulza 'vp umemwendea kwa babu'?!
Hongereni sana...

I am moved; all l can say ni hongera sana wote watatu!

Hivi; Makulilo ni wa Kigoma hapa mjini karibu na jimboni?

I am moved; all l can say ni hongera sana wote watatu!

Hivi; Makulilo ni wa Kigoma hapa mjini karibu na jimboni?

ndo huyo, lakini yeye anaishi marekani, alienda kusoma sasa kazamia. kuna makulilo wengine wako dar, mmoja yuko udsm ni lecturer

nakupongeza sana bw.makulilo,mungu akupe hekima na busara zaidi ili uitumikie nafasi yako ya kama mume na mzazi kwa ufanisi mkubwa.simama imara na mungu akupe sawasawa na haja ya moyo wako.hongereni sana bw na bi.makulilo!

Makuliko i give my sincere congratulations to you both. It is good to love when you're loved. May gob be you sherphad nd may his love be upon yor family throughout your life. Hongereni san jamani wapendwa wetu.next annivesary muje Tz ili tujumuike na wana jf wa hapa.

Chief, nikupongeze sana, Mungu azidi kuwatia nguvu, najua kibinadamu malengo ni mengi ila Rabuka ndo mtimizi, Utakuwa shuhuda mengi mliyopitia yeye ndo amewavusha, basi na iwe kwake furaha na sifa na awawezeshe kusherehekea miak 100 ijayo hii siku yenu muhimu

NB
Bado nakaza sana, mwana labda weight itakuwa sawa karibuni ila Asvab bado inanikimbiza