Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Oracle 10g edition

Discussion in 'Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum' started by Slm, Jan 26, 2011.

1. S

Slm Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Can someone pls tell how to create a control file that will be used to load data in oracle db by using sql loader

2. L

Leney JF-Expert Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Kwa kweli najitahidi kukuelewa, ila nashindwa,
    unataka kuload data kwenye database yako using sqlloader but you want guidance? au umeshaandika control file and ur data file ila umekwama somewhere?
    always make sure you invoke the sqlldr utility (kwenye command line chapa C:\sqlldr) ili uone kama ina function na if you wana change any parameters.

Ila kama unataka msaada wa kutengeneza the control file to suit ur needs nenda hapa, its short and clear; Oracle SQL*Loader: The Definitive Guide: Chapter 1: Introduction to SQL*Loader

Otherwise kama umekwama, tell me exactly where maana nashindwa kukusaidia. pia unatumia oracle yako katika platiform gani?

3. S

Slm Senior Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Samahani kwa kutokunielewa tatizo ni hili, after starting sqlldr utility using os and issue a command i get this error 'controlfile cannot be found' while in mind know that i have arleady created it using a text editor(notepad) on windows platform provided that sql script written in the notepad that will tell sqlldr where exactly data to be loaded is located is correct. The problem is exactly with the controlfile i hav created I am using windows please help me.

4. Zing

Zing JF-Expert Member

Feb 5, 2011
  5. L

Leney JF-Expert Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Kama unapata hiyo error asilimia kubwa sana control file halipo kwenye current directory (yaani directory unayotumia ku issue hiyo sqldr command) halafu vilevile wewe hujaspecify path ya file lako. kuepukana na hili tatizo chukua control file lako kalipaste kwenye directory moja na sqlldr.exe (kwangu mimi sqlldr.exe inapatikana hapa C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN) and make sure kabla hujaissue command ya sqlldr, make C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN your current directory.

Hiyo niliyokupa njia mojawapo, nyingine ni kuspecify the path of the control file.

Swali:
    data file lako unaconnect vipi na control file lako? For me I write them differently (mydata.dat, and mycontrolfile.ctl) then kwenye commandline na issue the following command;

HTML:
    C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN> sqlldr username/password control=mycontrolfile data=mydata

6. L

Leney JF-Expert Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Exactly, issue yake ni location ya file/path, hamna kingine au maybe hana sqlldr executable file, but sidhani maana hii inakuja na oracle 10g

7. S

Slm Senior Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Thank you leney am going to place my controlfile in the same directory where sqlldr.exe is located and see what will happen. And about controfile and data file I create them differently but in the control file the full path of the data file is identified

8. S

Slm Senior Member

Feb 5, 2011
    no I do have sqlldr executable file

9. L

Leney JF-Expert Member

Feb 5, 2011
    OK.
    about the control file and the data file, yes you could do that, or you could just write the filename kwenye control file e.g (LOAD DATA INTO TABLE bla bla...) halafu kwenye commandline ukaweka data file name kama nilivofanya, both are okay.

10. E

EvanMakundi Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Hi Guys

I am looking someone with Oracle Database 10g R2 Installer for Windows.
    This version of Database is currently no longer available from Oracle Website for Download, unfortunately the CD i have got damaged and can not be used for Installation, and I do not want to use any latest version on my Application.

Is there someone with this CD (From Dar Es Salaam). I would appreciate if i could get a copy of this Database.

11. p

paramawe Senior Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Ninayo ila sipo dar km utakosa dar nijulishe kw namba hii niangalie jinsi ya kkutumia nliyonayo.

12. E

EvanMakundi Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Mkuu Asante sana, hii ni habari Njema. Mpaka sasa sijapata mtu yeyote alienayo hapa Dar.
    Nimeku-PM