Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Open Letter to H.E. Pres. JM KIKWETE: Religious Turmoil in Tanzania - A case of Mbagala and Kigoma

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Siasa' started by Shadow, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Shadow

Shadow JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    To H.E. President J. M. KIKWETE
    United Republic of Tanzania
    IKULU, MAGOGONI – Dar es Salaam

Dear Mr. President,

I thank you for reading my previous letter on the Lake Nyasa and its challenges. Allow me to come once again with this short letter. I understand that you are one of the busiest people here in Tanzania and I don't want to interrupt your busy schedule on your state visit to Oman. I pray that you can lure some Oman to invest their petro dollars in Lake Nyasa.

The reason for writing this letter is the boiling mayhem among believers, a good citizen will be very concerned. That said, an act of an individual cannot justify judging the whole community. It is a known fact that a young mind peed on the Quran. It is very sad act which amount of inciting violence; however that does not justify people to take law on their hands. The people who rioted are malnourished from Islamic values. They are barbarian and should be brought to book. The State failure to prevent these acts of incivility should bear the cost and offer reparation or material support to the properties destroyed.

On another note, Mr. President, I am wondering why TCRA is not doing its job in enforcing its rules in monitoring and control of the mass media such as TV and radio stations. I feel pity when the long arm of the law oops government being applied to only printed media and leave some radio and TV stations that do not add positive value to the Tanzanian society.

Mr. President, allow me to say this. The other community who happen to be taught to use their brain and not heart to judge the situation and apply maximum level of civility and humanity plus tolerance might get tired of being the innocent victims might end up on the street to defend their course. There is a limit at which forbearance ceases to be a virtue. I, on behalf of many well-wishers, I do hereby request that you take all the power bestowed on you to make sure that this impunity is removed and justice takes its course.

Once again, Mr. President, allow me to quote President John F. Kennedy (US) on religious tolerance: Quote: World peace, like community peace, does not require that each man love his neighbor -- it requires only that they live together with mutual tolerance, submitting their disputes to a just and peaceful settlement. Unquote.

Wasalaam,

Shadow

2. P

Paul J Senior Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Unfortunately even the president is crying as a mere citzen! He has no will power to restore the situation and I recon he a beneficiary of the ongoing violence!

3. j

jail JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    good advice

4. Saint Ivuga

Saint Ivuga JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    yupo oman anakula tende

5. Shadow

Shadow JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I hope the higher authority will take a look at it.

6. Ulukolokwitanga

Ulukolokwitanga JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Ungeweka C/o Quaboos ingefika, lakini kuielekeza magogoni ambako jamaa kukanyaga ni mwezi ujao itakaa sana. Ipitishie kwa Quaboos tafadhali

7. A

Asa79 JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Which president....? Kikwete?......you are wasting your time. I remember that even president advisors are lamenting that president does not want to accept their advice.....who are you for a corrupt and religious kikwete to hear?

8. M

Mjenda Chilo JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    If you want 2 hide something 4 a TZn, hide it in a book.

9. Communist

Communist JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Mmmm, hapa ipo kazi. Tufanye cause effect analysis.

10. K

Kagalala JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Unfottunately the President is the mastermind of all these. He planted this seed in 2010 hoping it wont bear fruits until 2016 but it was well looked at and grew very fast than he expected.

11. Shadow

Shadow JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Nachekelea kuamiani lazima Mh. JK huwa anapita pita hapa barazani ..ujumbe lazima utamfikia. Pili, Mabwana wakubwa (nchi za kimagharibi na amerika ya kaskazini ) nao upita pita humu hiyo kuna njia nyingi za kufikisha huu ujumbe...Natumani hili angalizo litakubadili mawazo yako, Mkuu Asa79;4842149

12. m

mwanza_kwetu JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    This is good initiative; not sure if the man who is busy will see this

13. sembuli

sembuli JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    dancing infront of the blind!

14. Makucha

Makucha JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Some people are just hungry to do injustice to others and the government condoning and is delaying unexplainable watching without taking action at the expense of patient/tolerant peace loving people.

This is likened to justice delayed equated to justice denied. The only way to end this matter is to ensure that the losses caused are compensated well by the condoning Government (irrespective somebody is jailed or not) so that the Government can then say it is not condoning or part of the problem and at least one day somebody will be asked to justify such compensations using tax money. This is common sense that one cannot unlawfully be left to destroy other people's property like people in a lawless jungle. God is great, I am imagining suppose the child was so 'punished' in public!

What the child did was undoubtedly offensive and a good believer would more have left it to God (of ALL) to punish him.

15. L

Lwesye JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I feel sorry for you my dear,The president of yours doesnt take a note of these riots otherwise he could never go to oman,just to grab Zanzibaris contracts mmh mmh am scared with this president he is leading our country to un controlable conflicts

16. Shadow

Shadow JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    and step on his toe ....

17. PakaJimmy

PakaJimmy JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Your note to President Kikwete is really a matter of concern as the situation of the country now, with regard to peace and tranquility, is alarming.

The best president's action or role would better be now, just when the snakes are toothless.

I once, during my my late teenage heard the song from some musician, Brenda Fassie i think, with words like "kill them before they grow"!
    Here i dont mean that some soul is to be killed, but that this evil spirit that rumbles with rage, with all its ugliness to swallow out
    our fleshes has to be killed before it gains momentum.

If the president has his advisors, then their role is to be seen now...not only in ceremonial occassions!
    This norm of saying that he doesnt take any advice isnt healthy, the country is speedy sinking into religious shambles.

18. 2mbaku

2mbaku JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Tafsiri please, Mr. President hajaelewa, kanituma kukuomba uiandike kwa kiswahili au kikwere.

19. e

enzihuru Member

Oct 18, 2012
    It sounds well to all wellwishers but what if honourable Dr Mr president planned all the chaos and just decided to pay a deaf ear by flying to Oman while the sore is still worsening?He had it in his former manifesto to have Sharia system and tis just what we have even before the sharia judges start to assume their work.His own people in his religion are fulfilling what they have been planning behind the curtains to have all Tanzanians praying while facing Macca, dead or alive.

Let the government prove to us practically that it is not part of what is happening by stopping this madness not by just calling the evil doers hooligans.The Muslem brotherhood team of Dr. Mrisho Kikwete, Dr.Mohammed Bilal,Gen.Saidi Mwema Comm.Suleiman Kova and the rest must stop the unrest before the victmised come forcefully from rest and add petrol to this ongoing wild fire of religious unrest.

20. K

Kidatu JF-Expert Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Radio IMAMU ni ya nani?. Kulikuwa na sababu gani ya kulifungia gazeti la kubenea na kuiruhusu radio Imamu iendelee kurusha matangazo yake?. Huyu Shehe Ponda anatumwa na nani kuongea haya anayoongea?, na kwanini imechukua muda mrefu kumkamata?.

Wakristo wakifanya yanayofanywa na waislamu nani atakuwa mchokozi?, serikali itachukua hatua zipi na kwanini?.