Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Ona Wanugu wanavyodharau Afrika!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Nyani Ngabu, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Nyani Ngabu

Nyani Ngabu Platinum Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Our music critic calls Soulja Boy on the carpet.

One of the biggest songs in the country last year was an inane, sex-chant-infused Southern rap called "Crank That (Soulja Boy)," by young Soulja Boy Tell Em, from tiny Batesville, Mississippi, population 7,113. Soulja Boy Tell Em turned 18 this summer and is looking forward to voting for the first time. His monster hit song included repeated assertions of a cartoonishly absurd sex act: supermanning, or as he elaborated repeatedly in the song, "Superman that ho," which means to come on a woman's back and then put a sheet over her so it sticks to her back and she looks like she's wearing a cape. Ridiculous stuff. He also chants repeatedly, "Supersoak that ho," the meaning of which needs no explanation, given the neighborhood we're already in.

These are ludicrous suggestions that play into the Cro-Magnon conception of men using sex and sperm to attack and slay women. It's such a mean-spirited vision of sex that every time I heard the record I thought, I bet that before this came out, he was a virgin.

Last week in Atlanta, I got to interview Soulja Boy Tell Em. I found out just how young he really is. He was one of about ten rappers I interviewed in one day for my BET show, The Black Carpet. I decided it'd be fun to give all the rappers part of the Proust questionnaire. I thought it'd be a way to get beyond image and into who they really are. Most of the guys gave good, thoughtful, intelligent, sensitive answers. I asked Juelz Santana, "How would you like to die?" He said, "Loved."

Then came Soulja Boy Tell Em. I asked him, "What historical figure do you most hate?" He was stumped. I said, "Others have said Hitler, bin Laden, the slave masters..." He said, "Oh wait! Hold up! Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we'd still be in Africa."
    My jaw, at this point, was on the ground."We wouldn't be here," he continued, having no idea how far in it he'd stepped, "to get this ice and tattoos."

Wow. Never mind that diamonds come from Africa. Never mind that there were many generations of pain in between leaving Africa and getting diamonds. Never mind that the long-term cataclysmic effects of subtracting about tens of millions of young, strong people from Africa over the course of a couple of centuries is a large part of the reason why Africa now appears so distasteful to you. Never mind all that, Soulja Boy. You put country first

Source: A Rapper Salutes the Slave Trade - The Daily Beast

Maoni Yangu: Ingawa alichosema Soulja Boy ni ujinga, ukweli ni kwamba wanugu wengi hapa Marekani chini kwenye mioyo yao ndio wanavyofikiri. Wakiona kwenye TV jinsi Waafrika wanavyoteseka na shida wanashukuru kuzaliwa hapa (Marekani). Binafsi nimeshawahi kuwa na mazungumzo na baadhi yao na wakaniambia hivyo hivyo alivyosema Soulja Boy.
  2. Nkamangi

Nkamangi JF-Expert Member

Oct 31, 2008
    What a sad story! I would expect that from an eleve year old. Africa has its problems but life is more meaningfull there, if only we could get rid of poverty! I live in the west but I yearn for Africa everyday! I am going back soon.... Some of these black americans are similar or even worse than caucasians where ignorance about Africa is concerned. Theeir world is too materialistic,no wonder depression and suicide rates are getting higher by the day
  3. Sikonge

Sikonge JF-Expert Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Ukikutana naye mara ya pili huyo soulja Boy, mwambie aangalie hii CLIP.

4. w

wajinga Senior Member

Oct 31, 2008
    My friend lets not romantisize the idea of africa and the reality that people are running away from dictators who are killing robbing their people and putting all their wealth in America and Europe. If you are poor being born in Africa its a course. Thats why milions are risking lives in unsafe boats to die rather than remain in this god forsaken place. This boy in his simple mind he said the truth. if he remained in Africa he would not have reached the age eleven.
  5. P

Pasco Platinum Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Sio wanugu tuu. Hata baadhi ya wabongo waishio ughaibuni hujiona huko ndio wamefika na hawatamani tena kurudi nyumbani. Wakiona shida za Bongo kwao ni vicheko maana hayawahusu. Wengine mkikutana hata kuongea kiswahili hawataki tena ili kuonyesha ufundi wao kubonga slang kama mablack wazaliwa wa huko.

Chonde chonde nimesema baadhi, hivyo sio wote ndio maama hata JF iko active for the love of home.
    East, West , Home is Best,
  6. Kibunango

Kibunango JF-Expert Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Leanback pole kwa kushindwa....