On MLK Jr's Birthday: Nyerere and Martin - questions linger

Heheheheheee...Chinkala anaandika pumba zake halafu Kuzatika anatoa thanks...ehehehehehehehee

What separated MLK Jr. and others was his eloquence. The man had A-1 eloquence. He was poetic, he had that barritone voice, and spoke the language that common folks could understand and relate to.
I've listened to Tutu and even attended some of his lectures at Morehouse where he was a visitng professor. Hey, he is no Martin Luther King Jr...
Nyani what do u think about Obama on this one? I know u didnt want him to get the Presidency, but in Honestly speaking what do u think?. Back to the thread I dont have any Idea why? I read some about MLK (He was the Best)

Heheheheheee...Chinkala anaandika pumba zake halafu Kuzatika anatoa thanks...ehehehehehehehee

Ha ha ha ha:

Kumbe unapekua pekua kuangalia wanaotoa thanks. Lakini nasikia kweli Jamaa alikuwa ana-copy kazi za watu sana.

Anyway. Hiyo sio mada. Lakini watu waliokuwa karibu na King baadaye walikuwa karibu sana na Nyerere.

Mtu kama Andrew Young anaweza kujua uhusiano wa King na viongozi wa Africa.

Si bure baba'ke! Ukiona hivyo ujue kuna jambo......

Kulaleki walahi...halafu Mike Jones naye anampa thanks Kuzatika.....ahahahahaha....Sasa Mike Jones vipi, Trae ulishamalizana naye maana alikupata kweli kweli siku ile kwenye zile awards......hihihihihihih

Nyani,
A good topic. In 1982 nilikwenda Harlem ku"cover" speech ya Julius Nyerere mbele ya ndugu zetu black Americans. Salim Salim alikuwa amemshauri Mwalimu asikubali mwaliko huo, ( at the time Salim was a candidate for UN sec. gen and he did not want to seem to be antagonising to Americans.) Anyway, Mwalimu alikubali mwaliko and he gave one of the best off the cuff remarks on the relationship between black Americans and Africans I have ever heard. Among the things he said was that while Black America was struggling for their equal rights in America black Africans were also struggling to break the yoke of colonialism in Africa. He reminded his audience that on one of his trips to the UN the British colonial government asked the American government to restrict his movement in New York because he was regarded a radical. He said therefore, that he was happy to finally be able to visit Harlem as a free man.
It is true that there are many similarities between the works, style and oration of MLK and JKN, but ( and this is my own opinion) I think the major reason JKN did not reach out to MLK and Malcolm X (who visited Tanzania in 1964, or thereabouts, and was met by Babu,) was that JKN was reluctant to be seen as interfering in internal issues of the US. It was easier for JKN to reach out to the Amilcar Cabrals, Netos and Nujomas because these were fighting the same wars he had fought. There may have been some correspondent between JKN and MLK, but I am not sure. People like Andy Young are in a better position to vet on this. All in all a good topic. Happy MLK day.

Nyani,
A good topic. In 1982 nilikwenda Harlem ku"cover" speech ya Julius Nyerere mbele ya ndugu zetu black Americans. Salim Salim alikuwa amemshauri Mwalimu asikubali mwaliko huo, ( at the time Salim was a candidate for UN sec. gen and he did not want to seem to be antagonising to Americans.) Anyway, Mwalimu alikubali mwaliko and he gave one of the best off the cuff remarks on the relationship between black Americans and Africans I have ever heard. Among the things he said was that while Black America was struggling for their equal rights in America black Africans were also struggling to break the yoke of colonialism in Africa. He reminded his audience that on one of his trips to the UN the British colonial government asked the American government to restrict his movement in New York because he was regarded a radical. He said therefore, that he was happy to finally be able to visit Harlem as a free man.
It is true that there are many similarities between the works, style and oration of MLK and JKN, but ( and this is my own opinion) I think the major reason JKN did not reach out to MLK and Malcolm X (who visited Tanzania in 1964, or thereabouts, and was met by Babu,) was that JKN was reluctant to be seen as interfering in internal issues of the US. It was easier for JKN to reach out to the Amilcar Cabrals, Netos and Nujomas because these were fighting the same wars he had fought. There may have been some correspondent between JKN and MLK, but I am not sure. People like Andy Young are in a better position to vet on this. All in all a good topic. Happy MLK day.

Hehehehe...where was I in 1982? I ain't telling but I was not in diapers, that much I can confidently say...Lol

Do you happen to have those off the cuff remarks on audio?

And thanks for your input. You just gave me another perspective on the whole issue. And I also think you are right. Andy Young would be the person to know if there was any type of relationship btn those two.

Nyani,

Hehehehe...where was I in 1982? I ain't telling but I was not in diapers, that much I can confidently say...Lol

And thanks for your input. You just gave me another perspective on the whole issue. And I also think you are right. Andy Young would be the person to know if there was any type of relationship btn those two.

Nyani,

Nyani,
I might have a cassette tape somewhere, unajua enzi hizo tena. Kwa sasa hivi nimeshafungasha makorokoro yangu kwa sababu niko in transit lakini eventually when I am settled I may go through my junks and write a book or something for the record.

heard this somewhere,cant remember but is it true that either jesse jackson or andrew young, that fatefull day MLK was shot on the balcony of the motel did a runner from the balcony only to reappear when the coast had cleared

Nyani,
I might have a cassette tape somewhere, unajua enzi hizo tena. Kwa sasa hivi nimeshafungasha makorokoro yangu kwa sababu niko in transit lakini eventually when I am settled I may go through my junks and write a book or something for the record.

Jasusi,Usisahau kuniita kukusaidia kubeba makorokoro yako hayo wakati ukifika.Mbali ya yote nasubiri kwa hamu maandishi yako baada ya kutulia kwa ajili ya kumbukumbu.

Back
Top Bottom