Olympic Champion Sam Wanjiru Dies After Fall

eish Boss, kuja polepole.. In as much as we'd want to pin a motive on the sudden death of our Olympic champion, we should readily acknowledge the fact that this was purely an accident, contributed mainly by alcohol and infidelity in his marriage. we shouldn't overlook the trouble he had in the past with his wife, and the way he conducted himself in public when he got drunk. we are quick to point fingers without putting ourselves in her shoes, naomba Mungu huyu bibi wake aliezaa naye watoto wawili aridhi mali yote, na apewe kipau mbele in any thing which will come from the IAAF and the endorsements that he had.

Lakini Smatta, you know the can of worms is about to open!!!Stuff is about to come out. Alikuwa ana copy Tiger Woods! I tell you death is no respector of men and in this case money.

Lakini Smatta, you know the can of worms is about to open!!!Stuff is about to come out. Alikuwa ana copy Tiger Woods! I tell you death is no respector of men and in this case money.

The way things are turning out, the wife MIGHT be implicated. yangu ni macho tu, wount be quick to comment untill something conclusive comes up, there is a lot of speculation.

The way things are turning out, the wife MIGHT be implicated. yangu ni macho tu, wount be quick to comment untill something conclusive comes up, there is a lot of speculation.

Swala la Wanjiru limejadiliwa bungeni.Apparently waziri muhusika does not suspect foul play nevertheless he promised to hasten investigation to bring matter to conclusion.Citizen Tv pia ilimhoji bar maid ailyevinjari naye the fateful night na kwa mujibu wa maelezo yake wanjiru aliumua vibaya baada ya kuchupa kutoka first floor balcony. Zaidi biologica father wa wanjiru amijitokeza hadharani non other than one Elijah kip'ngetich(has much resemblence to son) .Had a short lived relation with the mum .Du kales(kalenjins) have running gene in their blood no wonder they a producing champs every other day.

Track star ‘was drunk when he fell off balcony'

kawanjirub.jpg

By JOHN NGIRACHU jngirachu@ke.nationmedia.com and JAMES KARIUKI kamaukariuki@gmail.com

Posted Wednesday, May 18 2011 at 23:00

The woman who was in the bedroom with marathon world champion Samuel Kamau Wanjiru on the night he died on Wednesday said she did not think the star wanted to commit suicide.

Ms Jane Nduta, said the 24-year-old champion "fell badly" as he ran after his wife, Teresia Njeri, who had just locked them in the bedroom in the couple's Nyahururu home.

Ms Njeri returned home unexpectedly in the middle of the night and found Wanjiru with Ms Nduta in their matrimonial home.

"To me, his intention in jumping off the balcony was not to commit suicide but to go after his wife and get the keys back so that he could open the locked door," Ms Nduta told the Nation.

She said she was traumatised by the incident and had moved to her rural home for some time to recover and stay away from Nyahururu town and the many questions being asked about her.

This emerged as Wanjiru's mother, Ms Hannah Wanjiru, announced that her son would not be buried until investigations into his death are completed.

Ms Wanjiru accused a close relative of killing her son and maintained there was blood in the sitting room and the bedroom.

She said "Kamau will not be buried" and wondered why people were asking her about funeral arrangements.

Ms Njeri has asked police for security, saying her mother-in-law "has been threatening me and sending strange men to my house."

Police are yet to check whether the security cameras that could have recorded the events were working and if there is a record of what transpired that night. (READ: Cameras could solve mystery of Wanjiru's death plunge)

Ms Nduta's presence in the bedroom was the cause of yet another spat between Wanjiru and his wife.

The young couple has had a troubled marriage, which at one time landed him in a police cell and in the courts on assault charges.

Ms Nduta, a waitress at Kawa Falls restaurant - which is about a kilometre from the athlete's home - told the Nation that Wanjiru was drunk when he got to the bar shortly before closing time, 11pm.

She said they were friends and that he had visited her house at Site Estate, not far from his home.

It was, however, the first time she was going to his home, she said, and only agreed to accompany him after Wanjiru assured her that his wife was not at home.

Ms Nduta said she filled in the records of stock at the bar before they left for Jimrock Restaurant, about 500 metres from Kawa Falls, and Wanjiru took more alcohol and got quite drunk.

"After finishing the drinks, he suggested that we go to his place but I asked him first whether his wife was at home, and he told me she wasn't and I said we can go ahead," said Ms Nduta.

The woman said when they got home, Wanjiru stopped his car at the gate to talk to the guard first.

He got into the compound and later came to the vehicle and asked the guard to open the gate, then he drove in and parked.

As the guard was locking the door, the two stepped into the sitting room.

The guard, Mr Stephen Maigua, on Tuesday claimed he did not see any passenger in Wanjiru's car and claimed he was busy closing the gate when his employer entered the house.

An officer at Nyahururu police station, who asked not to be named because there is an ongoing inquiry, said they had doubts about the watchman's version of events on that night.

Ms Nduta said the athlete's wife walked in five minutes after they got home and found them watching TV in the living room. She confronted her husband, demanding to know who Ms Nduta was.

"They quarrelled and Triza asked what my relationship with Kamau is. I told her Kamau is my close friend and we have been friends for a long time. I told her I could not have come to his house if this was not the case," said Ms Nduta.

She said Ms Njeri left in a huff, banged the door and locked it from outside. However, the track-star appeared unmoved and the pair continued watching TV until Ms Njeri came back and the quarrel resumed.

Ms Nduta said the wife stormed out of the house again, only to return and find them in the master bedroom upstairs "sitting on the kingsize bed".

"Njeri came in and took away the house keys and a padlock that was in the bedroom. She also grabbed a jug, poured the water out and attempted to hit me with it," said Ms Nduta.

In self-defence, Ms Nduta said, she stood up and got hold of the jug, adding that Wanjiru was too drunk to protect himself.

The couple exchanged harsh words and the wife left again, this time locking the metal gate leading to the bedrooms, said Ms Nduta.

Ms Nduta said she was sitting on the bed when Wanjiru opened the door leading to the balcony and started begging his wife to open the door.

"Ndaikariire uriri o ngithikiriria miario yao. Guthitukira niguo ndaiguire soldier auga mbu nanii ngiumira murango o uria Kamau aumiire. Ngiuria soldier nikii akinjira cuthiriria hau thi wone nu ucio ukomete hau. Ngicuthiriria ngiona ni Kamau nani thakame oimaga.

(I remained seated on the bed listening to them arguing. Suddenly, I heard the watchman scream and went to the balcony to check. I asked the watchman what was wrong and he pointed to the ground and asked me to look who was lying there. Kamau lay there, bleeding)," said Ms Nduta.

The watchman said he found his employer lying on the ground, blood oozing from the back of his head, nose and mouth.

The waitress said she was still in uniform - black trousers, white shirt and black sleeveless jersey - and remained in the bedroom until the police broke the door and took her with them for questioning.

Ms Nduta said the television monitor on the bedside, which is connected to the security cameras, appeared not to be working properly.

"It was on and I looked at it for some time. It did not appear to be working but there were some words on display," she added.

Meanwhile, police at the local police station remained tight-lipped about the investigations and told the Nation the matter was being handled by "higher authorities".

Daily Nation:*- Athletics*|Track star

Attachments

• kawanjirub.jpg
    kawanjirub.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 54
With such a promising career jamani!...halafu u-cheat na kuleta mtu in your own house,mweeh!..eniwei marehemu na hao wanawake wawili ndio wanaojua ukweli!..gone too soon jirani!!

Bad news.

Hk kifo kinaelekeana na kile cha yule meneja wa uwanja wa taifa aliyekuwa anaruka ukuta kuingia nyumbani kwake. Aisee haya mambo yanatukumbusha kuishi maisha yanayompendeza Mungu. Ndoa nyingi sana zinakumbwa na migogoro mingi sana, ni basi tu nyumba zinaficha siri nyingi.

RIP Wawiru.

Wanjiru did not die from balcony fall, says doctor

wanjiru+pic.jpg

Beijing Olympic Games marathon champion Samuel Wanjiru (left) of Kenya displays his gold medal on September 5, 2008. Centre: The balcony at his Nyahururu home where he apparently fell. Right: His wife Terezah Njeri is consoled by a friend outside the town mortuary on May 16, 2011.

By MUGUMO MUNENE mmunene@ke.nationmedia.com

Posted Saturday, June 4 2011 at 22:34

Medical experts have zeroed in on two possible scenarios that could have led to the death of Olympics champion Samuel Wanjiru three weeks ago — and they both point to murder.

Dr Emily Rogena, one of the three pathologists who conducted a postmortem examination on Wanjiru last Friday, says the athlete was not killed by the 14ft plunge from the balcony but a fatal hit to the back of the head, fracturing the skull extensively.

“Taking into consideration the history and the postmortem finding death is attributed to head injuries, secondary to blunt force trauma to the occiput (back of the head).

“The body demonstrates a dual pattern of injuries with features consistent with conscious landing on fours (the hands and knees) and fatal injury at the back of the head,” says Dr Rogena.

The pathologist, a senior lecturer at the University of Nairobi’s School of Medicine, was acting for Ms Hanna Wanjiru, the athlete’s mother.

On Tuesday, Chief Government pathologist Dr Moses Njue questioned the police theory that Wanjiru plunged to death, saying it was not consistent with preliminary post-mortem examination results.

“He landed on his legs and supported himself with his hands. Where did the injury on the back come from?

“We could turn into fools if we don’t ask ourselves this question,” Dr Njue said shortly after measuring the height of the balcony Wanjiru is said to have plunged from.

This means that the marathon star was either hit at the back of the head before falling to the concrete floor or he was hit while on all fours after jumping from the balcony.

However, this raises the question: Who hit the athlete? And what was the motive and why are the police in a hurry to open an inquest?

Ms Wanjiru’s lawyer, Mr Wilfred Konosi, has written to the director of CID demanding fresh investigations into the death.

“It is quite clear that between Terezah Njeri, the watchman and Jane Nduta, there is so much that is hidden, and very many contradictions and the police are not willing to carry out any investigations at all.

“No investigations have been carried out to show the log of all the telephone calls made and received by the three persons to determine whether there was any conspiracy between them to kill the deceased together with other persons.

“These are some of the leads which our client believes, if followed, will unravel the truth about the death . . .”, Mr Konosi says in his letter to Mr Ndegwa Muhoro, the CID boss.

But the lawyer for Ms Terezah Njeri, Wanjiru’s wife, on Saturday told the Sunday Nation that a joint post-mortem report indicates that the injury to the back of the head was consistent with falling from a height.

“I have confronted (Dr) Njue about Kamau having been killed. That is not what is in the report. Even a pedestrian can explain those injuries.

“We believe that Kamau slipped from the grill to the roof and then to the ground. Any other theory cannot work,” said Mr Wahome.

He said that he was satisfied with the way the police handled the scene of the fall.

Mr Konosi asked why the Nyahururu district hospital mortuary attendants were in a hurry to embalm the body hours after the tragic incident, but Mr Wahome defended the hospital.

“It was an accidental death and the embalming that was done was not unusual. It happens in any mortuary. There was no suspicion about the cause of death and there is no report with the police that Kamau was killed. No one has recorded a statement to that effect,” said Ms Njeri’s lawyer.

So far, police have recorded witness statements from more than 10 people and opened an inquest file, amid claims they were pulling out all stops to stall the probe.

In the letter to the CID director, Mr Konosi accused the Nyahururu police of bias and lack of commitment to concluding the investigations.

“The police at Nyahururu seem to be handling the matter so casually, yet a life has been lost. The scene was not secured by the police once they realised that somebody had died.

“They are very defensive at any inquiry which tends to point out that they are not treating the matter seriously,” he claimed.

But the widow’s lawyer said that the family feud was about the control of Wanjiru’s estate, believed to be worth hundreds of millions of shillings.

“If Njeri says that she is not interested in the estate, this matter would also die off,” said Mr Wahome.

“If they can introduce a scenario that shows that Njeri participated in killing Kamau, then according to the law, she cannot have any part in the estate. It would go to the mother.”

According to the pathologist’s report, the final word about the cause death will be made after further tests are done on body tissues picked by pathologists in laboratories in South Africa and Britain.

However, she says that “I do not envisage much deviation from the current conclusion on the cause of death”.

Daily Nation:*- Athletics*|Wanjiru did not die from balcony fall, says doctor

yaani mtu uki pata vijisenti kidogo tu inakuwa taaabu kweli kweli..sijui umwamini nani apart from God.

Wanawake mna mambo...sasa unagombana na mmeo eti huwezi kuishi kijijini/maporini ndio nini?? the life of hero is gone!!hapo hata ukikirusha kitoto kichanga hakiweza kufa...lol!!shame kenyans

a rest in peace,i wish hao mapolice wangeconduct hio investigation yao throughly ili dada wa watu asinyooshewe vidole.....:confused2:

kuna uzushi kuwa huyo kimada na mke wa marehemu walifanya njama ya kumuua shauri ya mali, wanazidi kuzusha kwamba ni kawaida ya kabila la hao wadada kuuwa waume shauri ya mali

Mama Kazua kasheshe...Duh!!!

DNCHAOSWANJIRU0406gtr.jpg

Samuel Kamau Wanjiru's mother Hannah Wanjiru with a machete in hand on June 4, 2011.

DnChaosWanjiru0406fu.jpg

DnChaosWanjiru0406gtr.jpg

DnChaosWanjiru0406bgt.jpg

DnchaosWanjiru0406gtf.jpg

Samuel Wanjiru's mother, Hannah Wanjiru is led to a police vehicle after she interrupted a ceremony charging at people with a stone and a machete on June 4, 2011.