Obama's speech on Iran

EMT

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2010
Obama is addressing the American Israel Public Affair Conference. He says America prefers to use diplomacy to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons but he could also use force.

He starts: "Let's begin with a basic truth that you all understand: no Israeli government can tolerate a nuclear weapon in the hands of a regime that denies the Holocaust, threatens to wipe Israel off the map, and sponsors terrorist groups committed to Israel's destruction. And so I understand the profound historical obligation that weighs on the shoulders of Bibi Netanyahu, Ehud Barak, and all of Israel's leaders.

A nuclear-armed Iran is completely counter to Israel's security interests. But it is also counter to the national security interests of the United States. Indeed, the entire world has an interest in preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon. A nuclear-armed Iran would thoroughly undermine the non-proliferation regime that we have done so much to build. There are risks that an Iranian nuclear weapon could fall into the hands of a terrorist organization."

He says "When the chips are down, I have Israel's back. And remember that the U.S.-Israel relationship is simply too important to be distorted by partisan politics. America's national security is too important. Israel's security is too important."

He says: "Iran's leaders should know that I do not have a policy of containment; I have a policy to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. And as I've made clear time and again during the course of my presidency, I will not hesitate to use force when it is necessary to defend the United States and its interests."

He continues "That is where we are today. Iran is isolated, its leadership divided and under pressure. And the Arab Spring has only increased these trends, as the hypocrisy of the Iranian regime is exposed, and its ally – the Assad regime – is crumbling.

Of course, so long as Iran fails to meet its obligations, this problem remains unsolved. The effective implementation of our policy is not enough – we must accomplish our objective. In that effort, I firmly believe that an opportunity remains for diplomacy – backed by pressure – to succeed."

I can't stand listening to these people pontificate about Iran and its nuclear weapons program.

I am sure he will be contradicted shortly. He sounds like he is overcommiting. But its an election year, and the Israel lobby is mmassively insurmountable.

The guy has the gift of gab.

Halafu kuna watu wanasemaga eti Israel ndiyo super power pekee katika dunia hii....:lol:

Super power gani anayebebwa na Marekani namna hii?

This speech is definitive and will be referred to many times. It reminds me of the Cairo speech.

Kuna kitu kimoja wamarekani na friends wanakosea,wanadhani wairan ni waarab...

Hamna chochote wanachoweza kuwafanya kijeshi.

Obama: No doubt anywhere in the world that the United States will continue to support Israel.

I would not blame American for their endless love fore the state of Israel. That is why they have been blessed over and over! If Iran will have capability of making a nukes bombs, that means , HAMAS and HOSBOLLAH will have access to them and hence put Israel state to threat.Bottom line, do to Iran as much as you did to Hiloshima in Japan in 1945.

Kuna kitu kimoja wamarekani na friends wanakosea,wanadhani wairan ni waarab...

Mimi wananiboa tu wanapo pontificate as if wao ndo wema sana.

Wao na Israel wanayo hayo masilaha...mbona wao hakuna aliyewakataza kuyatengeneza?

Kila nchi ina haki ya kuwa nayo.

Hahahhaaa....I think so!

He stammers a lot without it and he is not doing that in this speech. He just can't do without it.

Speech muhimu kama hii haiwezi kukosa teleprompter. it would be suicidal to go without, I think.

Speech muhimu kama hii haiwezi kukosa teleprompter. it would be suicidal to go without, I think.

Mwambie EMT...Obama hayuko kwenye campaign stump hapo. Kwa hiyo, kama ulivyosema bila prompter itakuwa ni suicidal maanake unaweza ukasema kitu halafu kikaja kika ku-bite badae.

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz

Wao na Israel wanayo hayo masilaha...mbona wao hakuna aliyewakataza kuyatengeneza?

Ningesema the other way round mkuu, hakuna nchi inatakiwa kua nayo. They should all disarm. However, so long as hawaja disarm (or set up the disarmament process clearly) hawatakiwi kuingilia nchi zingine as they are not the world supreme Government.

Wnagemsikiliza Mzee RON PAUL wangefanikiwa sana cuz yule mzee ana ideas nzuri sana jinsi ya ku deal na haya mambo,lakini jamaa walivyokua wajuaji hata media hazimpi nafasi kusikika.

Iran imezungukwa na chi karibu zote pale ilipo zenye nyuklia,iweje iwe kioja na ajabu wao kumiliki hizo silaha???

Ningesema the other way round mkuu, hakuna nchi inatakiwa kua nayo. They should all disarm. However, so long as hawaja disarm (or set up the disarmament process clearly) hawatakiwi kuingilia nchi zingine as they are not the world supreme Government.

You are right about that too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz
We don't agree on everything, but we must agree on big things. In 2012, Iran will face more cripping.

Haya EMT umeona reflectors za prompter hizo?

I knew he was reading from it!!!!!

He finishes. Strong worded speech in deed. He stands with his policies. He stands with Israel. And he will not hesitate to use force to stop Iran to have nuclear weapons

Back
Top Bottom