Obama "concerned" by Bahrain, Libya, Yemen violence

Askari Kanzu

JF-Expert Member
Jan 7, 2011
Obama "concerned" by Bahrain, Libya, Yemen violence
Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:08pm GMT

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE Feb 18 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama urged the governments of Bahrain, Libya and Yemen on Friday to show restraint in dealing with protests that have erupted in their countries.

"I am deeply concerned by reports of violence in Bahrain, Libya and Yemen. The United States condemns the use of violence by governments against peaceful protesters in those countries, and wherever else it may occur," the president said in a statement read to reporters by White House press secretary Jay Carney.

"The United States urges the governments of Bahrain, Libya and Yemen to show restraint in responding to peaceful protests and to respect the rights of their people," Obama said.

(Reporting by Matt Spetalnick, editing by Alister Bull)

Source: Reuters

These arabic leaders forgot that the hearts of people are naturally democratic born and that is why Obama is responding so......you cannot make people be always ignorant.

These arabic leaders forgot that the hearts of people are naturally democratic born and that is why Obama is responding so......you cannot make people be always ignorant.

Societa, I'm sure there something missing or misleading you to make such a quick response. I will assure you that, comes America's interest democracy has no place. Wherever America is concerned, there are interest related to. America did no intervene Rwanda genocide!!, ask yourself why.
The on going fracas in mideast is a big headache to US interest. Let me enlight you a bit. Bahrain has a population of 850,000. 70% of this is Shia majority who have strong bond with Iran, the next neighbour. 30% of population is Sunni minority who belongs to Saudia.
America has a 5 Navy fleet stationed in Bahrain. It is a strategic point to keep close watch to Iran. Any regime change will mean Shia majority in power something which will give Ahmadenajad a leverage over America. The statement of ''restrain'' is a bamboozle to the world.
Yemen, is another Alqaeda base. The regime is the best ally to America at the moment. Unrest in Sanaa poses a big question to America as to who could be next and wether the incharge to be , will bore to America pressure to crack down Alqaeda.

In some instance America has stirred up unrest to have her own puppet in power, Iran is an example. I'm not a supporter of Ahmadinajad in any way, but this is just to show you the double standard played by America you think they are fair.
If you read the declassified information of CIA,you will change your perspective on issues and perhaps refrain from making unrational conclusion.
Unless you come up with cogent and reasonable justification, your statement is absolutely flawed.

Back
Top Bottom