Nokia Lumia 920 is better than the Apple iPhone 5

Boniface Evarist

JF-Expert Member
Nov 26, 2010
attachment.php

While the iPhone 5 is getting excellent reviews from bloggers and other reviewers, and fans jamming shops from Sydney to Paris to pick up the tech juggernaut's latest iPhone, Nokia is endeavouring to claim its flagship phone - Lumia 920 - better than Apple's newly launched iPhone 5, which has broken all sale records by topping two million pre-orders in the first 24 hours.

Nokia, in a new Facebook post, compared the key features of both the smartphones, and expectedly, has given extra points to the Lumia 920 in every feature. This is because, Nokia wants to convince you that the Lumia 920 is better than the iPhone 5. But, is it so?

NOKIA LUMIA 920 IMAGE
attachment.php

APLE IPHONE 5 IMAGE
attachment.php

Following are Nokia's 9 reasons that why the Lumia 920 is better than the Apple iPhone 5:

attachment.php

1. Screen: The Nokia Lumia 920 has a bigger and sharper screen than the one on the new Apple iPhone 5. The Lumia 920 has a 4.5-inch Huge PureMotion HD+ WXGA IPS LCD, ClearBlack display, while the iPhone 5 features a 4-inch Retina display with a resolution of 1136x640-pixels. Also, the Nokia Lumia 920 has a resolution of 1280x768 pixels, which is higher than the Apple iPhone 5.

2. Camera: The Nokia Lumia sports an 8.7 megapixel rear PureView camera with pptical image stabilisation and Carl Zeiss optics, while the new iPhone 5 has an 8-megapixel camera. But Nokia did not mention about the improvements in noise reduction, low-light performance, and fast photo taking in the new iPhone's camera. Also, the 920's front-facing camera offers 1.2 megapixel front camera compared with the iPhone 5's 720 pixels.

3. Map: A mapping experience is a must-have feature for many of us. In fact, a recent survey by IDG found that 77 per cent of respondents are using smartphones for GPS navigation. Discussing the value of its mapping apps, Nokia also posted a blog. With Nokia City Lens Augment reality, users can discover all the city has to offer by looking at the camera's viewfinder. It lets you find local businesses simply by pointing your phone in the right direction, a feature not available on the new iPhone, reported CNET in a report.

"For all the needs that begin with a 'where' question, we have developed a compelling suite of applications that delivers the best location-based experiences – helping you to discover the world around you and navigate your life. Not only is this possible because the location business is strategic to Nokia, but because these apps are running on the world's most advanced location platform, said Nokia, in a blog post, adding, "Our competitors, which are financing their location assets with advertising or licensing mapping content from third parties, we completely own, build and distribute mapping content, platform and apps."

On the other hand, Apple Inc's home-grown Maps feature is already facing criticism from users globally for a number of geographical errors, missing information and because it lacks features that made Google Maps so popular, including public transit directions, comprehensive traffic data or street view pictures. The new program has no public transit directions, limited traffic information, and flat-out mistakes, such as putting one city in the middle of the ocean.

"Nokia's suite of location-aware apps and services on its new Lumia devices put it in a clear lead over its competitors in terms of the depth, breadth and integration of the mapping, navigation and transport experiences it can offer. It also leads in terms of the global coverage it provides," said Tim Shepherd, senior analyst at Canalys.

nokia-google-apple-maps-230.jpg

The big map is Nokia's, the bottom left is Google and Apple is on the right.

4. Design: Nokia's Lumia 920 lets offers unique Live Tiles customisation, unlike the iPhone 5 on which icons are displayed in a single way, which can not be changed according to personal interests.

5. Image: While both cameras offer a Panoramic mode to let users shoot a single photo covering as much as 360 degrees, but Nokia, in the race, gives itself points for image stabilisation.

6. User Interface: According to Nokia, the Lumia 920's super sensitive touchscreen can be used not only with your fingertips, but alos with finger nails, gloves and even any kind of pens. Nokia calls iPhone 5's screen to be only sensitive, not super sensitive.

7. Charging: The Nokia Lumia 920 comes with built-in wireless charging. It can be charged without being plugged in; the user just places it on a wireless charging pod, while Apple's iPhone 5 features ordinary charging.

8. Design and Colour: Nokia says the Lumai 920 comes in various colours unlike the Apple iPhone that comes only in two colours. The Lumia 920 comes in the black, white, grey, red and yellow colours. On the other hand, the iPhone comes in white and silver, and black and slate colours.

9. Accessory: Nokia Lumia 920 offers more number of accessories as compared to what Apple offers with the iPhone 5.

(For updates you can share with your friends, follow IBNLive on Facebook, Twitter,Google+ and Pinterest)

Also view this comparison from GSM ARENA

The Hype Of The iPhone 5 Is Not My Cup Of Tea

It is a crazy gadget world we live in these days. Every year technologists and engineers are coming up with new gadgets and a lot of people are getting indulged by all the ads and the hype about them and now with the iPhone 5 that is out. To be really honest with you all, I do not have a hype for the iPhone 5. It is another way companies make money like Apple. Another thing, that does not sit well with me and which I think is super crazy, people line up for so many hours outside stores to get the latest gadgets and gears whether the weather is cold, rainy, super hot, snowy, people don't care, they want that gadget on the day, they don't want to wait a week later or a few weeks down the road when things will be less crazy.

People think that they will sell out of things, but things really never sell out. They make you want to buy it, so they always have stock no matter what. I just don't see the hype of waiting for something for so many hours. It is not worth my time, and it is not worth it. I'd rather wait, then anything. You can always find iPhone 5′s now without hassle. Once its out, its out. Honestly, I see the news and I see pictures online of people waiting for it, and some go on the news and explaining their story on how long they have been waiting and what they have been doing since they have been waiting. I mean come on. That is craziness. I am sorry if it is someone you know, or someone that can relate to what I have said, but It's the truth. It is complete madness to wait for a gadget that will go on sale later on, or when I can get it later when it is not so chaotic.

Just because a lot of people are getting it, it doesn't mean I have to follow the circle. I am happy with my blackberry. Yes the battery life isn't all that great and sometimes their can be faults with the phones, but I like my Nokia. It is doing the job I want with texting, calling and everything. All other times I could care less if it doesn't have as many features and stuff. I am satisfied with a phone I can communicate with, rather than paying for something that is in style now. Nokia's are too, but I will not follow people and I am my own person. So what if I will be out of the loop with iPhone life, No matter what, It is not my cup of tea. I apologize, but really not interested.

Attachments

• nokia iphone.jpg
    nokia iphone.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,014
  • lumia-920-000.jpg
    lumia-920-000.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,822
  • apple-iphone-5-black.jpg
    apple-iphone-5-black.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,859
  • gsmarena_001.jpg
    gsmarena_001.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,009
vipi haijaingia bongo tu wakuu? mie nahitaji kuipata,mwenye taarifa anijuze

sawa ni nzuri sana haina shida huko kote tumekubali ila ni shilingi ngapi? isije kuwa ndio kama ile iliyowahi kuwekwa hapa jamvini ya bilioni kumi na mbili

sawa ni nzuri sana haina shida huko kote tumekubali ila ni shilingi ngapi? isije kuwa ndio kama ile iliyowahi kuwekwa hapa jamvini ya bilioni kumi na mbili
NATAMAN JAPO NIIONE PICHA YA SIMU YA BILIONI 12. Can you link me please?

Iphone 5 imeingia sokoni toka siku 3 zimepita nimeona hapa Dubai wanatangaza ila bei yake mkasi balaa,16GB inauzwa Dirham 4500 kama USD 1,165 na 32GB ni Dirham 4700 USD 1217 kazi kwenu sijaona kipya kwa iphone bora nibaki na sandwitch yangu

Iphone 5 imeingia sokoni toka siku 3 zimepita nimeona hapa Dubai wanatangaza ila bei yake mkasi balaa,16GB inauzwa Dirham 4500 kama USD 1,165 na 32GB ni Dirham 4700 USD 1217 kazi kwenu sijaona kipya kwa iphone bora nibaki na sandwitch yangu
yani hata Nokia N9 nzuri kuliko Iphone 5.. I swear!

Yaani watu wanakimbizana na teknolojia, mie bado najisifu na Siemen 35 yangu.

Kongosho ukiwa na hii si kila mara utalazimika kuwasha pc kwa ajili ya kufanya kazi mbalimbali mfaano internet & emails tofauti ns huyo C35 wako hata quick office haina. Kasumba hapa ni mshiko kwa mtu kama mimi usd 1000 ni mshahara wa mwaka mmzima huo

Last edited by a moderator: