Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

NO DIVE ... UEFA has reversed its ruling

Discussion in 'Sports' started by msasa, Sep 15, 2009.

1. m

msasa Member

Sep 15, 2009
    UEFA say it wasn’t a dive

Eduardo: No way did I cheat
    ARSENAL striker Eduardo spoke of his relief at no longer being an ‘official cheat’
    JT: We all know Eduardo dived
    Fergie: Eduardo ban was right
    Wenger: Ed can beat the boos
    UEFA's Eduardo date blunder
    Beckham: Lay off Eduardo

United want Ade derby ban
    MAN UTD want Manu Adebayor banned for his weekend stamp on Robin van Persie
    UEFA say it wasn’t a dive
    Get used to the bench, Owen
    Carlo: We have to reach final
    Kop chief: We're the world No1
    More
    FA must do stamp duty now
    STEVEN HOWARD says Manu Adebayor deserves long ban for his antics v Arsenal
    Fans dish it out but can't take it
    Fab’s given them confidence
    Amir will face Pac in the future
    Karren Brady’s Brum diary
    More
    Agony of E.coli farm tot Alfie
    MUM tells of her son’s agony as his kidneys fail after catching E.coli at kiddies’ play farm
    Blonde decks two soldiers
    SAS legend’s hero son buried
    PM Brown: I don’t do debt
    Jaycee to face perv in hearing
    More

Days to divorce, Jordan’s love txts to Peter
    Patrick Swayze is dead at 57
    United want Ade derby ban
    Meet the sexual healer who has slept with 1,500 men
    Toff beauty ‘romped on jet with stranger’
    By CHARLIE WYETT

Published: Today

EDUARDO was celebrating last night after UEFA made one of the biggest U-turns in football history.
    The Arsenal striker had his two-match Euro ban scrapped on appeal following accusations he dived in last month's Champions League tie with Celtic.

UEFA have now been branded 'stupid and incompetent.'

Eduardo, who can play against Standard Liege tomorrow, said: "I certainly feel relieved.

"I did not want to say anything until I was proved innocent. I am not a cheat. I don't dive. And I was very upset when people thought I had."

The UEFA backdown will shock Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson and Chelsea skipper John Terry who insisted Eduardo dived to win a penalty in the qualifier.

UEFA claim they could not be 100 per cent certain Eduardo had fallen to deceive the referee.

But Europe's governing body was slaughtered by former Gunners stars Perry Groves and Frank McLintock.

Groves said: "This makes UEFA look completely incompetent and it shows Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was right all along.

"He would have collected the evidence of every player diving in European games and would have demanded they were all banned.

"It would have opened a massive can of worms and UEFA weren't ready for it."

McLintock, Double-winning captain in 1971, said: "It probably makes UEFA look a bit stupid that they are giving out a ban one week and then reversing it the week after.

"But I am really pleased with the news. He's been a model pro and never puts a foot wrong.

"He suffered an horrific injury but managed to get back to full fitness and is one of the good guys in the game.

"I am not just saying that because I am an Arsenal man but because he is one of the players who always tries to do his best."

Advertisement

A statement from Arsenal said: "We are grateful the appeal body focused on the evidence and made the right decision. We were able to show there was contact between the goalkeeper and Eduardo."

Players' chief Gordon Taylor said: "The governing bodies have acknowledged the referee has to be the sole arbiter of events on the pitch at the time.

"Even if we were to use technology to make judgments, it should be during the game.

"There may well be cases when the referee does not see an incident and it is appropriate to make judgments afterwards.

"But when the ref has seen the incident, we have to take his word, otherwise we go down a very dangerous road."

Attached Files:

2. Belo

Belo JF-Expert Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Eduardo alidive 100% ,angekuwa ni uongo wangemfutia adhabu

3. Oxlade-Chamberlain

Oxlade-Chamberlain JF-Expert Member

Sep 15, 2009
    adhabu imefutwa kutokana na evidence arsenal walioweza kutoa kwamba kulikuwa na contact japo kidogo lakini huwezi kujua kama ilimuangusha au sio.na refa kasema mwenyewe kwamba eduardo hakumfanya aite penati kupitia diving bali yeye mwenyewe aliona kwa macho yake lol.

4. m

msasa Member

Sep 16, 2009
    hebu sikia hii "Sometimes a striker makes the most of it because he wants to cheat, sometimes because he wants to protect himself and sometimes because he wants to show the referee that he has been touched. le prof Wenger

5. Hebrew

Hebrew JF-Expert Member

Sep 16, 2009
    UEFA hapa wamekosea sana kubadilisha uamuzi. Kila mchezaji sasa atakuwa ana dive na kukata rufaa kwa kutumia hii kesi ya Eduardo kama kigezo.

Uamuzi wa kwanza ulikuwa 100%..Eduardo alijirusha kikwelii

6. Belo

Belo JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Adhabu haijafutwa Prof