Nizar Khalfan sasa kucheza rasmi MLS

M-bongotz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver Whitecaps FC Fill First Two International Slots

Vancouver Whitecaps FC signed midfielders Nizar Khalfan and Gershon Koffie to their MLS roster, both of whom featured for the Whitecaps' second division side.

By Nick Rosano

Feb 9, 2011 9:59:00 PM

Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced Wednesday the addition of midfielders Nizar Khalfan and Gershon Koffie to their MLS roster. The two players, hailing from Tanzania and Ghana, respectively, will fill Vancouver's first two international roster slots. They both featured for Vancouver's second division team in during the 2010 season.

"Nizar and Gershon are fantastic young talents that continue to develop," said Whitecaps FC head coach Teitur Thordarson. "Nizar is a dynamic player with great energy. He has all the tools. He is fast, technical, hard working, has a good shot, and a great attitude."

Khalfan can play as either a midfielder or striker, and signed with the Canadian outfit in Aug. 2009. Thordarson scouted him during a training camp for the Tanzanian national team. During the 2010 season, the 22-year-old started 12 games for the Whitecaps and made an additional six substitute appearances, registering two goals and two assists in the process.

Khalfan is a regular on the Tanzanian national team, having made his debut in 2006. Prior to his move to Vancouver, played for Tanzanian Premier League side Moro United.

"Everyone has dreams and I think my dreams are coming true," said Khalfan. "I am very proud of my country and honoured to be the first player from East Africa to play in MLS. I am very happy to be with Vancouver."

Koffie, meanwhile, is just 19 and joined the Whitecaps in Sept. 2010 after being scouted by Whitecaps director of soccer operations Tom Soehn. He plays as a central midfielder and appeareed in six matches during the 2010 season, starting five and scoring one goal.

"The club has been very good to me and I am looking forward to MLS," said Koffie. "Last year, I had the opportunity to learn about the club and I am very excited to play for the city and the fans."

Before coming to the Whitecaps, Koffie played for the reserve side of International Allies FC, a team from Ghana's third division, and participated in a training camp with the Ghana U-20 national team.

Source: Goal.com

All the best Nizar had work pays, wachezaji wengi wa kitanzania wachukue mfano kutoka kwake

Thats great Nizar, we wish u all the best bro. Get prepared to feature with players like David Beckham, Thiery Henry, London Donovan, Juan Pablo Angel. I like the guys who are proud of their country and be able to represent at the top level.

Fantastic news. Keep up the hard work Nizar you are making Tanzanians proud.

Good luck.

Acha wivu wewe wivu unaua mkuu.
Niwaonee wivu ili iweje,hilo ndio tatizo hamtaki kuambiwa ukweli,mtu akisema ukweli ooo ana wivu,mfano hai ni Machupa unajua nini kimempata au ushabiki maandazi tu:coffee:

Niwaonee wivu ili iweje,hilo ndio tatizo hamtaki kuambiwa ukweli,mtu akisema ukweli ooo ana wivu,mfano hai ni Machupa unajua nini kimempata au ushabiki maandazi tu:coffee:

Mkuu tupe mifano hai basi kwani Machupa kimempata kipi>>

Back
Top Bottom