Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Nimeitwa kwa ajilli ya interview Lagos Nigeria CHEVRON COMPANY

Discussion in 'Nafasi za Kazi na Tenda' started by kine, Sep 18, 2012.

1. kine

kine Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Wana jf naomba mnisaidie kwa yeyote anayefahamu kuhusu kampuni ya mafuta na gesi iitwayo CHEVRON COMPANY.Nimeitwa kwa ajili ya interview kama ass.accountant huko Lagos nigeria mwezi novemba.

2. Adrian Stepp

Adrian Stepp Verified User

Sep 18, 2012
    My Mom works over there..lakini imeshauzwa share zake nyingi kwa kampuni ya Engen na nyinginezo..nashauri ufanye more research usije ukaingia chaka wakaku -Boko-a-Haram!!si unajua Nigerians ni matapeli..Jipange!

3. Dr. Wansegamila

Dr. Wansegamila JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
  4. C

Consultant JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Umefanya telephone interview kabla hawajakuita huko? Umetumiwa return air ticket?? umeshatumiwa accomodation details? - if YES, go and have fun!!

Otherwise, just be careful.

5. Polisi

Polisi JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Kwa hiyo nafasi ya ass. accountant wanataka kukuibia

6. Uhalisia Jr

Uhalisia Jr Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jipange kaka maana Nigeria ina wasomi wengi na hawana ajira zaidi ya Kutapeli. Ila kama unaenda as expart poa na Interview ingefanyika TZ kuliko kuifuata huko.

7. zomba

zomba JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Angalia wasikwambie uwatumie fedha za tiketi kwenda na kurudi kwa ajili ya interview. Kuwa makini.

8. King'asti

King'asti JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Hiyo kazi uliiomba? Manake miujiza Mungu alishastopishaga atii. Kama uliiomba na ilitangazwa, Waambie wakutumie ticket na wakuambie accomodation arrangements. Furthermore wasiliana na ubalozi wao hapa nchini, ilishawahi kuniokoa siku moja baada ya ubalozi kukosa mawasiliano na wadau nchini kwao.

9. King'asti

Sep 18, 2012
    na kweli, assistant accountant foreigner? Imekuwa bongo na wachina? Teh teh, only in tz!

10. Safari_ni_Safari

Safari_ni_Safari JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Nigerian Job Scams

by globaltarget.com - 11/17/2006

"This is to help inform people interested in finding work to beware of such frauds and scams.
    Sometimes it can be difficult to determine what company is offering valuable services and who's just trying to steal your money.
    How to tell if it's a scam?
    "

As you look around you might come across websites offering promises of 100% guaranteed employment, and if you do please be careful! Because there's a big difference between a website that offers you "help" with your job search and one that's making claims of a "guaranteed job". Any agency promising to guarantee you a job should be reviewed with guarded skepticism.

There are some legitimate oil industry recruiters who get paid by the oil company to find them personnel. Other types of placement agencies work by way of subcontracting their own group of people to an oil company who hires a specialized team to perform a specific job such as with construction related aspects of the industry.

So if you happen to get approached by anyone claiming that they can guarantee you a job, only to find out if there are any fees attached to it that they require you to pay before you begin work. If that's the case where you should be on the alert for fraud. Legitimate recruiters such as the ones listed in our members area who will actually find you a job, will even pay for your "moving allowance" and for things like "travel expenses", and will never request any fee's.

Here's an example of a flat our scam in oil and gas industry:

Please be careful because I've heard of several scams out there. Basically "ripp-off's", "frauds" or "con-men" who want to take you money and give you nothing in exchange. The last thing I want is for anyone in the oil industry to wind up being taken advantage of by any of these low lifes. Like for example I just heard of a company called: Recruit Express And Manpower Ltd who is another big scam. In a nut shell if you talk to them they'll quickly tell you that they've found you a job. Then they immediately ask you for about $1500 US claiming that they're are fee's, (what a scam!) Then one worker told me that if you end up paying that fee, they'll ask you for another $5000 (yes another $5000 on top of the $1500) claiming that they're still more fees! Can you imagine the odasity? They do nothing for the hard working oil worker who's just trying to find a job and they try to con thousands from the unsuspecting victim.

So that's why I say, "PLEASE BE CAREFUL". I don't want you to end up being taken advantage of! Look, you're simply just trying to find a job! You're not asking for the world here. You should not have to wind up being placed at risk just for being the honest hard working person you are. It's rediculous! These con artists really make me angry and they should make you angry too! But at least I know that my members are in good hands with me, that's all that matters. Listen, I can't guarantee you a job; remember, what your purchasing from my company is the key information you need to speed up your job search. That's what we sell. But I also do it on the basis that if for example you don't find a job using my help, then I don't deserve to get paid for it and you have ever right to ask for a 100% refund with 90 days. So that gives you a full 3 months to try my members area, and on day 89 if you still have not found a job using my information, then don't worry about it, just email me and I'll immediately refund your money, and I'll even let you keep the membership as well, which is my way of saying "thanks for trying it out".

I tell you all this about what goes on because I want you to get educated. And know that the majority of website owners are people who are looking out for your best interests but there are a few shady characters out there that you have to be careful of. So I'm also going to continue to do my best to expose them, and if we work together to get the word out within the oil industry about any con-men that appear. With a little luck we might even be able to eventually shut them down.

Here's a few to watch out for. Whatever you do, DO NOT under any circumstances give these people a single dime of your money.

WARNING: OIL INDUSTRY JOB SCAM ALERTS!!!

JOB SCAM #1: Caledonian Offshore LTD: Caledonianoffshore.com
    (Read the: INVESTIGATIVE REPORT) (VIST THEIR SCAM PAGE) (ARE YOU A VICTIM OF THIS SCAM?)

This is one of the worst SCAMS in the oil employment industry. Possibly even one of the worst that the oil industry has ever seen. They've robbed hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of dollars from Polish Job seekers, and others from around the world. They've been running there job scam since at least 2002. What they appear to be doing is taking ads out in European newspapers, especially Poland. I'm not sure why they would only target Poland unless there are also a lot of employed people there. Caledonian Offshore advertises oil industry jobs and display there website address in the ad. Victims end up applying at there website. Once Caledonian Offshore has the victims money and application they then just pocket the money but it gets worse....

So if you've used the Caledonian Offshore (Caledonianoffshore.com) service then you're $189 dollars is gone. Yes Caledonian Offshore has ripped you off and stolen your money. (it's sad but true)

We've been watching Caledonian Offshore for about 4 years, and we've made numerous attempts to contact them to try to get them to stop what they're doing but they're not listening at all. Ask any other legitimate oil employment website about about Caledonian Offshore and they'll tell you the same thing, that they're a big scam. So we've published a page on our site dedicated entirely to Caledonian Offshore to try and bring these peoples scam to light. We really hate to have to do this, as we consider ourselve's oil industry professionals. The last thing we want to spend our time on is chasing down con artists. But we've tried to contact them so many times but they're just hiding out in Liberia and continuing to steal the money from their victims, so they give us no choice but to take some serious action. And it makes complete sense too because that's exactly how con-artists operate, they hide out, because they don't want people to find out who they are. They've robbed hundred of victims and we won't stand for it anymore! So if think you've been a victim of Caledonian Offshore here is some additional information about them.

Are You A Victim Of The Caledonian Offshore Job Scam?

If you've ordered anything from Caledonian Offshore then unfortunately they've stolen your $189 dollars. They do not provide any service what so ever and are the internets largest oil industry scam. They operate out of Liberia where they government will do nothing to stop them. So unfortunately your money is gone.

But there is action you can take:

Here's what we need to do to try stop them. We need more victims to come forward and let me know where they found the advertising for Caledonian Offshore. I believe they place ads in various Polish newspapers but I'm not sure which ones. If we knew that information or where ever they place they're ads we could contact those newspapers to expose the Caledonian scam and put pressure on them to stop taking advertisng from this scam.

Also we could contact the media from the cities in which the ads run in and let them know about this. Again that would add more pressue on the newspapers that are taking these fraudulate ads.

As well you could contact your local government and put pressure on them to take action.

That's about all we can do. It's not great though because they'll most likely just find new ways to buy advertising for their scam. But at least we can make it difficult for them to operate if more victims come foreward.

JOB SCAM #2: Nigerian Job Scams: There are so many companies and con artists in Nigeria doing oil employment scams now that we don't even know where to start. Here's what they do. They find the email addresses of job seekers through various means. Then they email them acting like an oil company employer. They make the letter they send to the job seeker look all official, making it look and sound like an oil employment contract. The the con-artist basically tell the job seeker that they're going to be hired on to an oil company. They list all the details about the job, the pay, the location, and things of this nature to make it look legitimate. Then what they do is they tell the job seeker that if they want the job all they have to do is sign the oil employment contract and fax it to their office. But they also tell them that they require a application fee, or processing fee of anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. They assure the job seeker that the job is 100% guaranteed and waiting for them to start on, but that they need to have the money to cover costs and things of that nature. So victims unknowingly send in there money and sign this fake employment contract. Then they basically never hear from the con-artist again. So if you ever get a letter asking you for money, in exchange for a guaranteed job which is waiting for you to start on as long as you pay the fee, please know that it's completely bogus fraud! Especially if it has anything to do with Nigeria. I have nothing against that country but I think out of desperation they are ruining there countries reputation. Especially when you hear about all these 411 and 419 scams from Nigeria as they are called. It's too bad really as they have a big oil industry but you'd never ever know who to trust as there's too many scams out there. As a rule of thumb if you're ever approached and they ask for a fee in exchange for a 100% guaranteed job then they're simply bogus.

JOB SCAM #3: Recruit Express And Manpower Ltd (Chris Haynes, Femi Coker):

We recently found another job scam, ran out of where else? Nigeria. Big surprise right?

Their job scam works like this. They find people searching for jobs in the oil industry. When they get a lead of a victim, they send them a questionaire asking them a variety of question about what kind of job they are seeking and for what kind of salary and where. They then tell the job seeker that they will find them a job based on this information they provided in the questionaire. Then they email the job seeker again and that tells the job seeker that "they got the job". They send them a fake employment contract. It goes over the job and the terms of employment in detail, just like a real life contract.

What they do next is tell the job seeker that there are some minor fees involved such as getting a "work permit", a "visa", and their headhunter fee, all combine to total: $1515.00 USD. And that the job seeker must wire the money. Can't put it on your credit card, no sir! Must be wired over so that their is no trace of the money! Then after they get the money that's it! They've just con'd another unsuspecting victim. Sad isn't it?

Well it get's worse. I found out that if you actually do send them the $1515, then they'll send you another confusing letter telling how they now need another $5100 to complete the deal. Unbelieveable! It's similar to the other scam, so perhaps the same operators are involved.

I just had client send me all their info, the fake employment contracts, the emails they exchanged in which they are asking for money, and so forth. So if you want to read them email me and I'll send you a copy. Just look up the keyword: Recruit Express And Manpower Ltd in any major search engine and you'll find out that many sites are showing that they Nigerian agency ran by Chris and friends is a scam! So if they've approached you with one of their fake job offers, don't believe them, and don't send them any money. Unbelieveable!

>>>> NOTICE: We will continue to post any new job scams we find out about here. These two we are 100% certain that they are scams that you need to be aware of and watch out for. Tell all your friends in the industry about these companies too so they won't get taken for a ride.

How To Tell If You've Been Scammed?

It's not that hard to tell if the company is a scam. In being in the Employment industry for 6 years now I've developed an easy litmus test it works like this. The more of the following that the suposed "Employment Agency" has in question, the more likely it is to be a scam:

1) What country or countries is the agency ran out of? -- If it's ran out of a G8 nation, or a first world country chances are far less likely that it's a scam. The reason is that Fraudsters can't survive or thrive in these well established countries because they have laws and agencies that will protect and enforce that companies meet certain quality standards. And if they don't, they can be subject to fines, or even crimial actions. That's why more often than not you'll see a scam ran out of "Liberia", or "Nigeria" or some other thrid world country where the government doesn't have the time or resources to go after small time crooks. (please don't get me wrong, I have nothing personal against these countries or their people, and infact I know that most of the people living and working in them are hard working and honest. It's just these few online con artistis that tend to be giving the region a bad name by way of online fraud.)

2) What exactly are you getting from the agency, and what is the guarantee? -- If the agency is telling you that they have a "guaranteed job" waiting for you, then be very causious! All you have to do next is find out 1 thing..."Does the agency first require any kind of fee for this supposed "guaranteed job"? If they do chances are almost 100% that they are a complete scam. There are legitimate headhunters out there, that can get you work. However, they get paid by the "Employers", not by the job seekers. So if they guarantee you a job, there will never be any fees attached to it. Those are paid to the "headhunter / employment agency" by the "Employer".

Now for example if the employment agency is offering you some kind of an alternative such as: a resume writing service, a resume distribution service, an exclusive employment resource membership, or something of that nature, often their will also be an upfront fee. If that's the case then the litmus test simply is: "Does it come with a 100% money back guarantee?" Some do, some don't. For example, I use to offer resume distribution. I offered a money back guarantee at first. Then I decided to change it to a "satisfaction guarantee" that I'd redistribute the resume a second time if the user didn't get a job after the first try. The point is that their has to be some kind of guaranteed performance from the service. Preferably a 100% money back guarantee. Here's my recommendation to anyone who is planning on trying some kind of "alternative employment service", find out if they have a 100% money back guarantee. If they don't, then don't use them. Find someone else who does because their's got to be someone else who can do the same thing for you that will come with a guarantee.

That's all you really need to know to find out if the service you are using is legitimate or not. Also doing some research on the company often will quickly reveal to you if they have been exposed by other websites as being a scam. Remember the formual is simple, and generally works like this:
    Guaranteed job + upfront fee = Scam

NO money back guarantee + service = Proceed with Caution

100% Money back guarantee + service = Legitimate

Here are some tips to keep in mind as you continue your job search which will help protect against any remote chance of ended up working with a fraudulant company:

You should ask for references of any employment agency or recruiter you deal with

Check them out in the state they list as an address

Get everything in writing

Forget about companies with no legitimate street address

Be very skeptical of overseas employment opportunities that sound "too good to be true."

If the company charges a fee be sure they offer a "money back guarantee"

Avoid working with firms that guarantee you a job but require advanced payment

Almost all companies that actually offer "recruitment services" are free. If they're not, then be extra causious.

Do not give your credit card or bank account number to telephone solicitors

Read the contract very carefully. Have an attorney look over any documents you are asked to sign

Beware of an agency that is unwilling to give you a written contract

Do not hesitate to ask questions. You have a right to know what services to expect and the costs involved

Do not make a hasty decision. Instead, take time to weigh all the pros and cons of the situation

Keep a copy of all agreements you sign, as well as copies of any checks you forward to the company

What To Do If You've Been Scammed?

If You Believe That You Have Been Scammed

If you're certain that you have been victimized by an employment scam, you can help prevent these types of incidents from recurring by reporting it to the proper authorities.

If you believe you have been scammed, file a complaint with the:

Local Better Business Bureau

State attorney general's office of consumer affairs, where you live, and the state in which the firm is located

The regional office of the Federal Trade Commission, and the main headquarters at 6th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, D. C. 20580.

What about "Resume Distribution" does it work?

What is "RESUME DISTRIBUTION" anyway?

Resume distribution is offered by hundreds of companies online. What it basically is is a company or website offering to take your resume and email it to a database of companies. Generally most charge a fee to provide this service. What that allows is for your resume to be able to be sent to a database of companies, often numbering in the hundreds or something thousands. Your resume is delivered to the companies email address by way of email. The basic idea behind it is that "the more companies you contact, the greater your chance of finding work".

Does Resume Distribution Actually Work?

It's like this. You're basically paying for "advertising". The resume distributor provides the electronic transfer of your resume from you to their database of companies. Not much different from you taking out an ad in a news paper or magazine. Your getting targeted exposure of your ad, or in this case "resume".

If you don't send out your resume then what? You won't make any contacts, and you won't get hired right? but if you do send out your resume to the employers at least you'll stand a better chance than not doing anything at all. Also the reason I say it's a "**** shoot" is that there's a lot of different factors involved. Such as things like: "what's your work experience?", "where are you located?", "what positions are available in the company that gets your resume?" and things like that. So there are a lot of factors involved, that's why it's a risk you have to take if you decide to use anyone who offers resume distribution.

People who offer resume distribution do not guarantee work. They guarantee to increase your chances of finding work. Which is true. They can increase your chances. By how much? Again that depends on a lot of things, like "your work experience" etc... etc... But it's generally a small price to pay to get your resume sent to a large number of companies. Currently there's only one resume distribution company that focuses specificly on the oil industry which is located here. I believe they are operated out of Texas by a couple of fellows. Last time I check they were offering to send a oil workers resume to 1200 companies for a small fee. Is the risk worth taking? Well it's completely up to you. I haven't heard anything bad about them. So they must be okay. Again they do not guarantee you a job. They only can increase your chances by sending your resume out to their database.

11. Nivea

Nivea JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    wezi acha kabissa

12. Kennedy

Kennedy JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Bora mkuu uende ubalozini kwa ufafanuzi zaidi wakati tulionao umejaa watu wa namna nyingi sana,lakini hongera pia umakini unahitajika sana.Kwa kuwa unashida ya kazi wasije kukufanya (bangusiro) yaani kondoo wa kafara.:plane:

13. Safari_ni_Safari

Safari_ni_Safari JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    CHEVRON NIGERIA LIMITED.
    Address: 12 Abacha Drive Industrial
    Layout Port-Harcourt Nigeria
    Tel: +234-706-075-5850

ATTN: Mr Maxence Mello,

With the approval of the Board of Directors and Human Resources department of Chevron Nigeria Limited,we are delighted to formally offer you the Appointment to work with us in Chevron Nigeria Limited for the provision of Expatriates Relation Services for the period duly specified in your Offer Letter,please find attached Soft Copy of your Contract Terms of Employment for your perusal and immediate action if the terms of work is acceptable to you. Upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, dot your signature in the space indicated in the last page of the Offer Letter and return same back to us via email attachment within a period of 7 working days.

Once you accept and sign this offer,you are to contact the immigration lawyer with the below email address and request for information required to enable him process your str visa.Please note that your consistency is highly needed to enable him do his job and get you str visa on time,also enadavour to keep us posted as regards your progress with the lawyer

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Visa Information
    The below email and phone number belongs to the immigration lawyer who will be charge of your STR visa, once you agree to the terms and condition of this offer by signing your signature on the space provided, you are to immediately contact the below email address and phone number and let the lawyer know that you have accepted the job request str visa requirements from him.

AFOROMA CHAMBERS
    Address: 10 Bello Road
    wuse 2 FCT Abuja Nigeria
    Designation: Solicitor and Advocate in Law
    Contact Person: Barrister Aforoma James.
    Email: aforomachambers@hotmail.com

Upon receipt of the required documents from your side the immigration lawyer will secure your residence and work permit here in Nigeria and will contact the Nigerian Consulate in your country and fax all your documents to them to facilitate your visa.

Within a space of 7 working days after your papers have been faxed to the consulate, we shall notify you on when to go to the Consulate Office in your country for the endorsement of your international passport, brief interview and issuance of visa.

Yours faithfully,
    MR MARTIN CHUKWUKA
    Head Human Resources department.

and eventully the third email (lawyer) :

AFOROMA CHAMBERS
    Address: 10 Bello Road

wuse 2 FCT Abuja Nigeria

Tel: +234 706 075 6053

14. MAUBIG

MAUBIG JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Dogo utaibiwa mie walinitumia kitu kama hicho, mwezi uliopita nikajagundua kwamba ni majambazi ya Nigeria, KIMBIA MITA 10000000 KABLA HUJAIBIWA

15. Shark

Shark JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Ni kweli Engen wamenunua Chevron,
    Kwa msaada zaidi aende pale Kurasini Makao Makuu ya Engen Tanzania amuulizie Jamaa mmoja anaitwa Yusuph, amtasaidia kuthibitisha

16. Ndahani

Ndahani JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Angalia usije kukopwa tu....hao jamaa wanajua sana kucheza na watu

17. steveachi

steveachi JF-Expert Member

Sep 19, 2012
    hawajakwambia utume hela au utoe account number wakupe maelekezo ya jinsi ya kupata hiyo kazi

18. King'asti

Sep 19, 2012
    Lol!
    Tukubaliane mambo mawili ya msingi.
    1 huwezi kuitwa kwenye kazi ambayo hujawahi kuiomba.
    2 never ever lipa hata shilingi moja ili kupata kazi. Kama job agency inatakiwa ilwe na kampuni na sio wewe.

Ukiwa na principle hizi, huibiwi kamwe. If it is too good to be true, most probably it aint true.

19. Adrian Stepp

Adrian Stepp Verified User

Sep 19, 2012

Yusuph Hamis? he he he ..ajipange tu aende Nigeria mana kule chevron wana Upstrim!

20. Shark

Shark JF-Expert Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Yes,
    Kwa title yake ya zamani ya Chief Accountant atakua anajua posts za account. Asiende kwanza Nigeria