Ni Saratani ya aina gani hii ?

AK-47

JF-Expert Member
Nov 12, 2009
Breast ailment attacks Pallisa woman (Uganda) Thursday, 17th March, 2011 E-mail article Print article
1300390067zulu.jpg
Aarakit in church recently. She suspects she was bewitched
By Charles Okiiso and Simon Naulele

TWENTY-seven-year-old Kezia Aaraki, of Ajeleik village in Malera sub-county in Bukedea district has suffered since 2007 when her breasts started developing rapidly.

She suspects her co-wife to be responsible for her suffering and has now turned to God for healing.

Aarakit said: “I did not have any problems until 2007 when I married John Robert Opolot of Kachumbala in Bukedea district as a second wife.

“My co-wife attacked me and threatened to bewitch me if I did not leave ‘her man’. Shortly after the incident, my breasts became longer. They are so huge, painful and very heavy. I’m finding difficulty in walking and getting up,” she added.

Medical explanation
However, a health worker at Pallisa Hospital, attributes the elongated breast to cancer.

Breast cancer, also known as malignant breast neoplasm, is cancer originating from breast tissue, most commonly from the inner lining of milk ducts or the lobules that supply the ducts with milk.

The size, stage, rate of growth, and other characteristics of the tumor determine the kind of treatment.

Treatment may include surgery, drugs (hormonal therapy and chemotherapy), radiation and or immunotherapy.

Surgical removal of the tumor provides the single largest benefit, with surgery alone being capable of producing a cure in many cases.

Aarakit has since sought refuge and solace at the Pentecostal Evangelical Ministry church run by Pastor Stephen Elwana in Okaraca village in Pallisa.

She said she first sought medical attention at Atutur Hospital in Kumi district when she started having pain in both breasts.

“Sometimes, I felt like the breasts were on fire but the doctor said there was no problem. The pain persisted and in 2010, the breasts started swelling in the first weeks of my pregnancy,” she explains.

Aarakit, however, says the pain has reduced since she started going to church. Pastor Elwana told New Vision that Aarakit will get well with the power of God.

Back
Top Bottom