Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Netenyahu to Obama:Is this really necessary?

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Ab-Titchaz, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Ab-Titchaz

Ab-Titchaz Content Manager Staff Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Wakuu,

Netanyahu kamwambia Obama iwapo hatawadhibiti wa-Iran na
    nuclear program yao then Israel will do it.This guy is spoiling for
    a fight with the Iranians and personally I don't think the world is
    ready for another war baada ya what Bush did while in office.
    Obama wants to be diplomatic on the Iranian approach yet the
    Israel PM is insinuating a more 'hawkish' approach.

Shughuli ipo.

Netanyahu to Obama:Stop Iran or I will!

[​IMG]

In an exclusive interview with The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg Tuesday, just before he was sworn in as Israel's new prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu issued a bold statement: if Obama does not stop Iran's nuclear program, Israel most certainly will. The assertion seems to confirm Netanyahu's own hawkishness, as well as the fears of US Middle East policymakers who support a more delicate approach to the region. From the interview account:

In an interview conducted shortly before he was sworn in today as prime minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu laid down a challenge for Barack Obama. The American president, he said, must stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons--and quickly--or an imperiled Israel may be forced to attack Iran's nuclear facilities itself.

"The Obama presidency has two great missions: fixing the economy, and preventing Iran from gaining nuclear weapons," Netanyahu told me. He said the Iranian nuclear challenge represents a "hinge of history" and added that "Western civilization" will have failed if Iran is allowed to develop nuclear weapons.

In unusually blunt language, Netanyahu said of the Iranian leadership, "You don't want a messianic apocalyptic cult controlling atomic bombs. When the wide-eyed believer gets hold of the reins of power and the weapons of mass death, then the entire world should start worrying, and that is what is happening in Iran."

However, further in Goldberg's account of the interview comes more promising signs that Netanyahu, despite blunt statements, still reserves room for non-military, diplomatic measures to stymie Iranian nuclear development:

Netanyahu said he would support President Obama's decision to engage Iran, so long as negotiations brought about a quick end to Iran's nuclear ambitions. "How you achieve this goal is less important than achieving it," he said, but he added that he was skeptical that Iran would respond positively to Obama's appeals. In an hour-long conversation, held in the Knesset, Netanyahu tempered his aggressive rhetoric with an acknowledgement that nonmilitary pressure could yet work. "I think the Iranian economy is very weak, which makes Iran susceptible to sanctions that can be ratcheted up by a variety of means." When I suggested that this statement contradicted his assertion that Iran, by its fanatic nature, is immune to pressure, Netanyahu smiled thinly and said, "Iran is a composite leadership, but in that composite leadership there are elements of wide-eyed fanaticism that do not exist right now in any other would-be nuclear power in the world. That's what makes them so dangerous."

Sorting out Netanyahu's rhetoric from his true intentions will be yet another task for the Obama administration, which just today made modest but notable headway with Iran at the Hague Afghanistan summit.

Netanyahu To Obama: Stop Iran, Or I Will

2. bm21

bm21 JF-Expert Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Sure no body likes fighting not even former presedent Bush. Nevertheless, forecast for global sustainable security and peace is crucially sensible before the world ends in conundra.

3. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Huyu jamaa atampa wakati mgumu sana Obama kuliko hata Republicans. Naona anataka sana kuivamia Iran kwa kisingizio kwamba wanakaribia kuwa na bomu la nuclear. Kama bomu la nuclear ni tishio kiasi hicho basi hakuna nchi yeyote duniani ambayo inastahili kuwa na bomu hilo maana maangamizi yake si ya kawaida, lakini kuendelea kusema nchi fulani fulani hapa duniani hazistahili kuwa na bomu hilo ni uharamia. Tusubiri tuone kati ya Obama na Netanyahu nani ataibuka kidedea, I hope and pray atakuwa ni Obama

4. J

Jasusi JF-Expert Member

Apr 1, 2009
    It is the height of arrogance. Lakini Wamarekani ndio waliowaendekeza kwa muda mrefu.
    The only time a US President stood up to Israel ni wakati wa uvamizi wa Suez Canal. Baada ya hapo naona wote wamekuwa wakifyata mkia.

5. bm21

bm21 JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Tatizo mkuu hizi silaha zilisha gundulika na mataifa makubwa nayalisha jaribu yakaona jinsi zilivyo namaangamizi makubwa. Kwakuwa technology inakuwa si busara kuacha kuzimiliki bali matumizi yake. Bubu, kila mwanadamu anaakili zake,tabia yake na uvumilivu wake. Kunawatu ukitokea ugomvi bahatimbaya akazidiwa basi ataomba msaada au kukimbia. Lakini kuna mwingine yeye kukubali kushindwa kwake hakupo yupo tayari auwawe lakini hawezi kukimbia au kuomba msaada endapo analemewa. Mtu kama huyo rafiki yangu Bubu kama akiwa na namna ya kujinasua hatakama ni kwa kutumia silaha yenye madhara hata kwa wale ambao hawastahili hata sita kuitumia. Nadhani hii ndio nadharia inayofanya baadhi ya watu wazuiliwe kumiliki hizi silaha. Ni maoni yangu wakuu msinishambulie sana ila mnaruhusiwa kuchallenge.

6. Sober

Sober JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Hii team ya Netanyahu na Liebermann, ndio dream team for self destruction of Israel

7. Ab-Titchaz

Apr 5, 2009
    ...I second that.God help Israel as a nation.

8. L

LaVerite Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Israel inabidi iwe very careful sana, isidhani Iran ni Palestina.

9. Kitia

Kitia JF-Expert Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Israel should first get rid of its nuclear arsenal if sustainable security is to be achieved. Such sable rattling will only increase nuclear proliferation. Can Israel by itself attack Iran without US military and financial aid? These have always been the basis of the Israelis' army prowess.

10. Ab-Titchaz

Apr 5, 2009
    ..ni mpaka wasubutu!..Israeli ni waoga watupu na wanategemea nguvu
    za mmarekani ili kugomba.Right now hawako-sure na support ya Obama
    nd'o maana Netenyahu ana-'test the waters' so to speak.

11. R

Rodelite JF-Expert Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Netanyahu is under estimating President Obama. I feel he is also trying to get Obama's reaction....but War....No More. I think none of the world leaders want any war at present when the world economy is suffering. So I think he needs to "Shut-Up".