Ndoto za Kuhamia Ughaibuni....Soma hapa.

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008
kenya_1_flying%20flag.gif

World Bank Tells Kenyan Nationals Abroad to Return Home

The Kenyan government has received a Sh41 million grant from the World Bank to reach out to Kenyans in the diaspora to attract them to invest locally.

The money will be used to enhance the ability of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to develop a platform for engaging with Kenyans abroad."This initiative is important given the number of Kenyans in the diaspora and their potential to contribute to economic development through resources and knowledge in areas where opportunities exist," said Shobhana Sosale, the senior operations officer for human development at the World Bank.

While Kenyans living abroad are estimated to be about 2.5 million, the ministry is able to engage only 10 per cent of them."Among other uses, this grant will support development of a reliable computerised database of diaspora professional networks," she said.

Kenyans living abroad sent home up to Sh53.93 bn in 2010 according to the Central Bank of Kenya.

Source- http://allafrica.com/stories/201104040282.html

African migrants abandon the American dream

By Leslie Goffe Focus on Africa Magazine

_51775774_sammymainapacking.jpg

Sammy Maina says the ten years he spent in the US would have been more profitable at home in Africa

The American dream is not all it is cut out to be and some Africans are turning their backs on life in the US.
Frustrated by tough economic times in the United States, Sammy Maina is packed, ready and waiting to return to Kenya.
"I'm fed up and finished with the US," declares Mr Maina, 33, owner of a prepaid calling card firm, Myaatel, and a money transfer company, Doubles Xpress, that caters for African immigrants.

But with money scarce because of the recession, fewer and fewer immigrants can afford to purchase his international phone cards or pay to use his money transfer services.

"People here don't have money any more," complains Mr Maina, who says the "American Dream" of a big house, flashy car and piles of money was unrealistic.

Instead he found long hours, little pay and limited joy.

Life in America is so demanding, says Mr Maina, that it has cost several of his African friends their marriages and even led some to commit suicide.

"It is very difficult right now and so many people are packing and going back to Kenya in big, big numbers."

'Little Senegal'

There are an estimated one million Africans in the US.
"You are very unlikely to find Africans who have settled in the US giving up the insurance policy of a green card or US citizenship to completely transfer their lives back to Africa"
Kathleen Newland Migration Policy Institute

According to the homeland security department, 130,000 Africans migrate legally to the US each year.

It is impossible to say how many returnees there are, as the evidence is anecdotal but representatives of African community associations in New York, Atlanta and Boston all say they know of large numbers of expatriates making plans to leave the US.
The reason: they cannot find jobs and have become desperate about their future here.

New York's Association of Senegalese in America has been inundated with requests from expatriates who have lost their jobs, are facing homelessness, and who want financial help to return home.

Dame Sy, a volunteer with the association, says members donate money to buy aeroplane tickets to send home Senegalese who are down on their luck in New York.

"We just sent one home in January and before that we sent between 12 and 15 last year," explains Mr Sy. "Everyday, people are talking about it."

At the association's offices in the "Little Senegal" section of Harlem, in New York, I was introduced to a 41-year-old illegal immigrant called Ndoum.

She has been having a very difficult time in the US, she says, and would happily go home to Dakar if she could find the money for a plane ticket.

Before the recession it was possible for an undocumented immigrant like her to find a menial job in a factory. Unable now to find work, and in constant fear of being seized by immigration police, Ndoum does not know what to do.

"I tell people: 'Don't come to the US now'," she says tearfully.

'Sweet Liberia'

Kenyan Irene Onyango is a 37-year-old nurse living in Delaware, near Washington DC. Her income sometimes barely covers her bills. She is also concerned that working a 16-hour day is damaging her health.

_51775365_pastorshadrachdeline,creditreggieerawoc%282%29.jpg

"Africans in the US will leave in record numbers." predicts pastor Shadrach Deline

When she goes to Kenya on holiday, her friends refuse to let her pay for anything because they say she has to slave to earn her money in the US.

Now that the Kenyan constitution has been amended to allow dual citizenship, Ms Onyango says she can go home and not worry that should she need to return to the US one day, she will be stopped.

"Believe me," she says, "the next plane that goes to Jomo Kenyatta airport will have me on it."

But migration expert Kathleen Newland, a director of the Migration Policy Institute in Washington DC, says what Ms Onyango and other Africans resident in the US are doing when they return to Africa, is not reverse migration.

Ms Newland says this is better described as "the formation of transnational populations" - people who keep a foot on two continents.

"I think you are very unlikely to find Africans who have settled in the US giving up the insurance policy of a green card or US citizenship to completely transfer their lives back to Africa," Ms Newland says.

What transnational people like Ms Onyango will do, she adds, is divide their lives between two places.

"What it does tell us about Africa is there is a lot more hope and optimism about the economic prospects," she says.

Liberian singer and pastor Shadrach Deline is one of several African expatriates in the US to recently release a song expressing a longing for Africa.

In Tomorrow I Am Going Home, Deline, a pastor of the Nation of Christ Believers' Fellowship Center in Atlanta, Georgia, sings he has "sweated hard" in the US. Now it is time for him to "sell his house, sell his car, sell his boat" and go home to "sweet, sweet Liberia".

In the video, Deline removes his Western-style three-piece suit and puts on an African robed garment.

Deline says the song's message resonates with African expatriates because no matter how comfortable an exile they enjoy, an African will always yearn for home.

"There will come a time," he says "when Africans will not even bother coming to the US because life will be so beautiful back in Africa. There will be no need to ever leave

source:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12810828

"But migration expert Kathleen Newland, a director of the Migration Policy Institute in Washington DC, says what Ms Onyango and other Africans resident in the US are doing when they return to Africa, is not reverse migration.
Ms Newland says this is better described as "the formation of transnational populations" - people who keep a foot on two continents.
"
I think you are very unlikely to find Africans who have settled in the US giving up the insurance policy of a green card or US citizenship to completely transfer their lives back to Africa," Ms Newland says.

What transnational people like Ms Onyango will do, she adds, is divide their lives between two places."

While prospects are getting dimmer in US and elsewhere in the developed world, still the Africans who aspire to return to Africa do not want to completely severe their ties with the West. They must have a safety net, so that they may be able to return at any time, if things do not work, or need services that are not readily available at home.

mmmmh heri kuteseka nyumbani kuliko mateso ya ugenini!!

niko huku kijijini kwangu..................sitaki hata kuja huko mjini...................sembuse US, LABDA MJOMBA ASPIRIN ANIITE NENDE KUSHANGAA THEN NIRUDI....................

Hakuna cha bure ughaibu. Unasafisha mtaro wa barafu ambayo Africa haipo. ha ha ha. Na ukikuta kazi ya maana sana ni kukata majani hata kama una kadigri maana weupe wamekamata zile nono. Njooni Africa tukawekeze kwenye viwanda na kuwatoa miungu watu madarakani

Hakuna cha bure ughaibu. Unasafisha mtaro wa barafu ambayo Africa haipo. ha ha ha. Na ukikuta kazi ya maana sana ni kukata majani hata kama una kadigri maana weupe wamekamata zile nono. Njooni Africa tukawekeze kwenye viwanda na kuwatoa miungu watu madarakani
au wengi wao wanalea wazee

duuh,huyo nurse anafanya kazi 16 hours a day,mtu anashugulika na maisha ya watu,tena of all places USA,employers could allow that,well this smacks up of a cooked abunuwasi tale

90% ya wanaohangaika States ujue ni lazy hawakwenda shule na kuweka paper zao vizuri,hiyo 10% nakubali inawezekana mambo yamekataa tuu...lakini all in all na wala tusidanganyane States ukijitahidi na kazi,shule na kufuata sheria ni better & more opportunity 100000000000%,nimeona wengi tuu tena form four/six kutoka home wakifika hapa wanaingia community college(not even University) for 2 yrs,wamemaliza wengi wao wana make 70,000$..ila ukiingia States na ndoto zako za kutafuta shortcut lazima wakuumize tuu na utajuta kuzaliwa.

duuh,huyo nurse anafanya kazi 16 hours a day,mtu anashugulika na maisha ya watu,tena of all places USA,employers could allow that,well this smacks up of a cooked abunuwasi tale

Hio story ya huyo nesi mimi pia naona ni kama hadisi tu za Abunwasi au ana matatizo kibao aliyopata hapo mbeleni na sasa inabidi alipe madeni ya kale. Kazi ya Nesi inalipa kishenzi mtu asikwambie aisee! Hao watu wanachukua kuanzia dala 30 hadi arobaini kwa saa. Sasa hebu piga hayo mahesabu kama anafanya 16hrs kwa siku baada ya taxes how much is she bringing home?Mimi nasema hivi maana mke wangu ni nesi na pia anafundisha manesi University na hela yake najua.

Sasa hebu nami nitumbukize hamsini yangu kwa wale wanaokandia maisha ya ughaibuni na kuyalinganisha na ya Bongo. Jamani hii nchi maisha ukiyapatia mambo yako yanakwenda mswano kinoma! Tatizo la wengi wetu ni kua tukitoka nyumbani tuna hadisi kibao za kudanganya watu what we are going to do in the States thereby setting our expectations to be way too high. Kisha mtu akifika huku na akipigwa na hali halisi anachanganyikiwa na kukosa mwelekeo. Mie najua watu wengi sana niliokuja nao mwaka wa 1999 ambao walikua wakiwaambia washkaji kijiweni eti wanakuja kusomea mara sijui urubani, mara udaktari mara sijui u-lawyer. Mwenzenu mimi nikawa nasema nitaangalia kama digrii yangu ya ualimu itafua dafu na sikua na mengi ya kujisifia. Kama kutakua kubaya nitarudi home maana sijaua mtu wala sikufukuzwa.

Basi nilipojimiksi huku jambo la kwanza nikachangamkia shule na kupata the basics (ID na SSN) baadae nikawatumia jamaa wa EEC digrii yangu waifanyie evaluation kisha waniambie nikowapi kulingana na standards zao. Majibu yaliporudi wakaniambia kila kitu safi naeza kuapply leseni ya kufundisha. Kipindi hicho mwenzenu nafanya kazi za kuuza dukani usiku bila noma maana I had set my goals.Kuna vijana wakibongo walikua wanakuja pale wakitoka klabu huku wamebwia na zereu zao....eti wanashangaa nafanya kazi na kuajiriwa nami nikawa siwajibu kitu maana I knew what I was doing to secure my future in this country. Basi nikafanya mitihani ya kupata leseni na mambo yakatiki na mwenzenu nikaaply katika shule kadhaa. Nilipopata majibu na kuenda interview mambo tena yakakubali na nikapata kazi katika shule za serikali na nikapata sehemu napiga tuition na Sylvan Education Systems ambao ni kama private flani hivi na malipo yao poa kinoma . Hela yangu ikawa safi, bills zote nalipa, medical insurance ninayo na familia iko poa(nina mke na watoto wawili wa kike). Juzi likizo ya krismasi nimetinga vekeshen ya nguvu na kulala hotelini siku sita na tripu ya mbungani nikapiga. Hivi sasa nimerudi back to base na niko poa kishenzi.

Kwa hivyo hawa wanaosema wanarudi Africa kwa kua maisha ughaibuni hayafai au hayawezekani wana lao jambo. Mtu anaeza kusema anakampuni yake lakini ukienda kumtembelea unakuta ishu zote anafanyia chumbani kwake na amerejista jina la kampuni yake ili kujaribu kusifia watu nyumbani kua ana kampuni. Hii ni kutafuta sifa za kimpumbavu na kuwaonyesha washkaji kijiweni kua ni mkulu flani. Kumbuka alipotoka home alikua keshasema anaenda Marekani kufanya vitu vya nguvu. Anapoingia kiwanja anakuta mambo tofauti na inabidi 'akili mukichwa'. Nishaona wengi wameingia na kujifanya wao ni watoto wa wakulu bongo na kwa hivyo hawataki kazi za kuajiriwa...yaani waleta dharau wakikuona mchizi unahangaika na dei waka yako au night shift mahala flani. Anatesa miaka miwili afu hela zinapogoma kutoka home inabidi atafute usawa mwengine. At that time kumbuka mtu hakuenda shule kutimiza ahadi ya viza yake, ashachelewa kutafuta SSN na ID na pia visa ime-expire na sasa ashapoteza status. Sasa vijana wetu kama hawa ndo wanalia njaa na kufanya kazi zisizoeleweka...hata pia kuanza kuuza madawa. Hapo ndo mwisho wa barabara yake....:rip:

Kwa hivyo its upon the individual and what his/her goals are. Ukija ughaibuni kwa vile unataka 'uwakomesha' washkaji mtaani basi utaambulia patupu. Ukija na set plans na unapiga mambo yako kimpango, I can say here confidently you will definitely be better off. Mimi nimeishi uswahilini, nimepanda dalala nikienda kazini, nimekula chipsi vumbi ili mradi nistiri njaa...nimepiga kazi ya serikali ambapo mshahara ulikua wakipuzi huku ukizangatia kua viongozi ni mafisadi na hawajali maslahi ya watu wanaofanya kazi serikalini. Nikilinganisha these two situations, I can say I'm better off a thousand times where I'm at. Sio kujisifu lakini ni kwa sababu nilifanya mambo yangu kwa mpango na sasa navuna. Nikija Africa, natesa kiheshima na narudi bila hata kuenda ubalozini kuomba viza. Msiba ukitokea natoe hela ya kugharimia wageni watakaofika home na pia nasafiri kuonyesha solidarity. Vijana wetu wengi wako out of status na wanajua wazi wakirudi home, Marekani hawatoiona tena. Wako wengi tu hapa wamepoteza wazazi na wanashindwa kuenda kuzika!!!...Yaani ni huzuni mtupu. Kazi wanazofanya hazieleweki, medical insurance hawana na ole wao wapate matatizo ambayo itabidi watinge hospitalini...hio bili itabidi walipe for the rest of their lives!

My advice to people ni kwamba ukija huku, don't put your expectations too high and be real. Fanya yaliokuleta huku kulingana na viza yako for at least 2yrs huku ukiangalia maswala ya papers.

Senti yangu hamsini hio.

Mungu ibariki Africa

90% ya wanaohangaika States ujue ni lazy hawakwenda shule na kuweka paper zao vizuri,hiyo 10% nakubali inawezekana mambo yamekataa tuu...lakini all in all na wala tusidanganyane States ukijitahidi na kazi,shule na kufuata sheria ni better & more opportunity 100000000000%,nimeona wengi tuu tena form four/six kutoka home wakifika hapa wanaingia community college(not even University) for 2 yrs,wamemaliza wengi wao wana make 70,000$..ila ukiingia States na ndoto zako za kutafuta shortcut lazima wakuumize tuu na utajuta kuzaliwa.

Umenena mkuu!

Thanks Ab Tichas,hiyo story ya huyo nurse hata mie nilikuwa na wasiwasi nayo,inawezekana kaharibu huko nyuma ana mzigo wa madeni yasiyolipika,of all the people hawa nurses wana uwezo wa kusoma only 2yrs na wengine wanatengeneza 80000$ na zaidi...3 yrs ago kaja rafiki yangu na diploma yake ya accounting kaingia college kamalizia degree yake less than 2 yrs na kajitahidi kapata CPA,hes making more than 70000 sasa.

let me ask,kwani huko america nurse anaruhusiwa kufanya kazi 16 hours,i think fatigue na uwezo wake ki akili utapungua na she/he will end up administrating the wrong dose/medicine to patients

Yes! Am working as a registered nurse 40hrs a week na if I nachukua more hrs if I want at anytime. Unaweza kufanya double shifts or full time in 2 facilities bila shaka. I am making $70k + a yr napiga MBA healthcare management hybrid course na pia I am looking to invest in Tz na patner in manufacturing industry from this year. Na tyr tumeshaset mambo yote ya kimsingi by nxt month tunaanza construction tazama www.scheerfoundation.org Nina Mke na wtt hapa hatujapata tatizo lolote la kutushinda

Na haya yote nimefanya wkt nimekuja hapa 2009 July. Nakubaliana kwa 1000000% na mchangiaji hapo juu kuwa its abt goal setting na kuwa na nia ya kumeet your strategies. But huwezi kulinganisha US na Nyumbani kule Singida matongo nilipotoka. Nilishfanya kazi km afsa wa jw hd kuwa luteni for 7 yrs bt did nothing zaidi ya kutumikia mafisadi na kunywa pombe za nusu bei

Poa kabisa mkuu na nimekubali vitu vyako. Pia kule facebook kuna link na picha flani. Kama mnafanya mambo ya shule, Mungu akuzidishie neema na saidia vijana nao pia wapate mwangaza, for that is the best investment you can give to future generations.

Ubarikiwe.

Back
Top Bottom