Natural Birth Control Methods

Giro

JF-Expert Member
Feb 9, 2009
Information about the most common forms of natural and behavioral contraceptives.As well as descriptions of each contraceptive method.

1.Abstinence:
Abstinence is defined as not having any type of intercourse or sex play with a partner. It is the only birth control method that is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy as well as sexually transmitted diseases.

2.Withdrawal:
Withdrawal is the behavioral action where a man pulls his penis out of the vagina before he ejaculates. This is not as reliable a method because a male ejects pre-ejaculate fluid while he is aroused and still inside the vagina – this fluid can contain at least 300,000 sperm (and it only takes 1 to fertilize an egg)! Plus, it relies on complete self-control. Finally, even if the man ejaculates outside of the vagina, sperm can swim, so semen anywhere near the vagina can still lead to pregnancy (this also means that you can still get pregnant even without penile penetration if a male ejaculates on or near the vagina).

3.Fertility Awareness:
"Fertility awareness" is when a woman will monitor her fertility and avoid unprotected intercourse during her ovulation. This method involves monitoring different body changes (such as basal body temperature or cervical mucus variations) and recording them to establish when ovulation occurs. A woman can also use a calendar method to determine ovulation, but this is not as reliable. The woman then abstains from unprotected sex for 7 days before and 2 days after when she may have ovulated. It is helpful for a woman to understand her menstrual cycle. This method also requires some meticulous effort and record-keeping.

4.Outercourse:
Outercourse is any type of sexual play without vaginal intercourse. This includes kissing, erotic massage, manual stimulation (with one's hands), masturbation, frottage (rubbing against each other), oral sex, fantasy, anal sex, and/or using sex toys (like vibrators). Although this method is usually 100% effective, pregnancy can occur if semen or pre-ejaculate fluid gets into the vagina (by the man ejaculating too close to the vagina or the woman rolling onto it). Plus, this method may not fully protect against STD's due to there being skin-to-skin contact or the exchange of bodily fluids during oral and/or anal sex.

5.Continuous Breastfeeding (Lactational Amenorrhea Method):
Continuous Breastfeeding (Lactational Amenorrhea Method) is considered a form of contraception because it can postpone ovulation for up to 6 months after giving birth. It works because the hormone required to stimulate milk production prevents the release of the hormone that triggers ovulation. A woman should not rely on this method for more than 6 months or if she has had a period since giving birth. It is only effective if the woman feeds her baby at least 6 times a day with both breasts, does not substitute other foods for breast milk, and feeds her baby every 4 hours during the day and every 6 hours at night.

Source:http://contraception.about.com/od/naturalmethods/tp/behavioral.htm

Thanks for sharing but except no 1, the rest are too risk.
I think, if you are smart enough they are good compare to other methods eg control pil. "Natural Birth Control Method often does not cost anything and usually has no side effects".
Maybe method no 4 haijatulia i.e. toys and anal sex kwani sio katika tamaduni zetu.However,others do.

By Carolyn Dean, M.D., N.D.

Some 30 years ago, birth control pills were the be-all and end-all of the sexual revolution. Freed from the worries of pregnancy, women explored their sexuality, perhaps for the first time in history. Only a few years passed before the "magic" pill began to lose its luster. Discoveries that high-estrogen birth control pills contributed to breast cancer, embolisms and stroke made women begin to think twice.

Today, newer lower dosage birth control pills maintain high popularity, despite their continued serious health risks for women.

Let me give you my opinion in a straightforward manner: I don't advocate the use of birth control pills. Yes, they are effective at preventing unwanted pregnancies, but the risks far outweigh those benefits.

If you are currently using birth control pills of any kind, I cannot urge you strongly enough to stop taking them as soon as possible.

Presently, 16 million American women are using birth control pills, fueling a $2.8 billion industry. Many of us became familiar with the Pill in adolescence either because of a desire for sexual intimacy or due to painful or irregular periods. Both reasons are fundamentally flawed. There are numerous safe and effective ways to prevent pregnancy.

Cramping, painful and irregular periods are often due to a deficiency of progesterone and an excess of estrogen. So estrogen-alone birth control pills -- as are the most commonly prescribed pills on the market now -- often compound the problem.

Birth Control Discussions:
When deciding upon a birth control method, it could be helpful to discuss your feelings and decisions with you partner. This type of conversation may be embarrassing for you to bring up, but it is important that you are honest with your partner. If you are in a monogamous, serious relationship, sexual decisions, such as contraception, should be made together. It is also wise to have this discussion before your relationship moves in a sexual direction. Learn more about how to talk to your partner about contraceptives. Also, discover suggestions on how to discuss birth control options with your healthcare provider. These may include being prepared before your visit by writing down questions and knowing what information your doctor may expect to receive from you. Remember, you do not need to be afraid to ask your doctor questions. You have the right to receive accurate information, so you can make an informed decision about your contraceptive method. Your healthcare provider is a resource for you to help aid in this decision.

Kuishiwa nguvu za kiume na kutoridhishwa na tendo la ndoa ukifanya na mwanamke! Punyeto inageuza mhemko wa kuwa na mwanamke na kujiridhisha mwenyewe, Pia kwa wanawake ni hivyohivyo
thank you so much kakaaa ..umenijibu vyema sana

I think, if you are smart enough they are good compare to other methods eg control pil. "Natural Birth Control Method often does not cost anything and usually has no side effects".
Maybe method no 4 haijatulia i.e. toys and anal sex kwani sio katika tamaduni zetu.However,others do.

You know girls should be smart enough to know that those methods are not good enough for Birth Control, mainly because...
1. Withdrawal is out of question (never trust a guy to pull out, take the pill)
2. Calendar method to determine ovulation is not an easy task... it works only when u r trying to conceive :smile:
3. Breast feeding; OMG this one is the worst of all... many women gets pregnant as early as 2 months after giving birth..unless if you wanna kill urself and baby dont take Pill..

I think for marrried couples, outercourse (number 4) is the most realistic and practical.