Nationmedia and its news credibility on Wenger's interview

Geza Ulole

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2009
Wenger disowns ‘big interview’
DJM113_SOCCER-ENGLAND-_0927.jpg
Arsenal's coach Arsene Wenger. Photo/FILE By EMEKA-MAYAKA GEKARAPosted Thursday, July 8 2010 at 20:52 Arsenal Football Club has disowned a Q&A interview with manager Arsène Wenger published in a local newspaper on Thursday.A disclaimer posted on arsenal.com, the club’s official website, said Wenger “did not grant a one-on-one interview to the newspaper”. In the terse statement, the club dismissed the report and asked media houses “not to attribute any quotes” from it to the manager.“Arsenal Football Club would like to clarify that quotes attributed to Arsène Wenger today (Thursday) in a Kenyan newspaper are not correct,” said the club. Kenya on holidayThe “interview” published on Thursday was said to have been conducted by “sports commentator” Ampher Apidi in South Africa. In the said conversation, Wenger was quoted as saying he would be glad to come to Kenya on holiday with his family :kiss:. The Arsenal manager is also claimed to have praised South Africa for holding what is turning out as a successful World Cup. The manager was also reported to have “sent condolences” to family and friends of an Arsenal fan who committed suicide some time last year after the English giants were knocked out of the Champions League by bitter rivals Manchester United.According to the disputed interview, Wenger allegedly said Kenya was known for its achievements in athletics and the signing of McDonald Mariga by Champions League winners Inter Milan:smash:.Fabregas won’t leaveThe paper further reported that Wenger expressed discomfort by England manager Fabio Capello’s decision to leave Arsenal winger Theo Walcott out of his squad to South Africa. The manager, according to the report, declared that Spanish midfielder and Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas, who has been linked to Barcelona, won’t be leaving the Emirates.It was reported that Wenger, who has been in South Africa since the start of the World Cup, was impressed by the performance of Germany stars Mesut Ozil, Sami Khedira as well as Xavi Alonso of Spain.Commenting on Ghana’s defeat, according to the “interview”, Wenger allegedly said that striker Asamoah Gyan needed to be calm and a little patient.Daily Nation:*- Football*|Wenger disowns And look at slam on the face reply from Arsenal.com, heheheh
gun__1271414325_wenger15042010.jpg
Arsène Wenger... did not grant a one-on-one interview to a Kenyan newspape Arsene Wenger interview - a clarification Arsenal Football Club would like to clarify that quotes attributed to Arsène Wenger today in a Kenyan newspaper are not correct. Arsène Wenger did not grant a one-on-one interview to the newspaper and have kindly asked all media not to attribute any quotes from this source to him.Arsene Wenger interview - a clarification | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com My Take: As i usually doubt the credibility of Nationmedia, here is another proof! that biased press can even put words in someone's mouth to sell or propagate propaganda (oftenly)! so where is Journalism intellectuality and ethics? when this same media put up "Kenya's better articles", people in that country believe them and when i try to explain the likes of Nomasana, Moyo and Smatta come here strongly uncivilly criticizing me! can they tell me where is professionalism here? I have a feeling a lawsuit threat has made the Nationmedia to publish the clarification sort of! Guys, beware of these people' characters as we are in the common markets with them! I know they gonna put me up on their opinion section on the Nation, but they should at least acknowledge Jamiiforums for giving me a platform to lambast them! and ofcourse popularizing this podium unaware! Shame on them "educated and skilled buddies"!

NM wako fast sanaa lakini..naona walikuwa na nia nzuri ya kuonyesha kuwa wameweza kufanya mahojiano na top EPL Manager!!!!

Hivi bongo media house zetu vipi zimefanikiwa kupata coverage nzuri ya hii michuano plus interviews mbalimbali au ni yale yale......

Mkuu, VIPI?? 'Nia nzuri' kwa kujifanya usichokuwa??? kwa mtu kumuwekea maneno mdomoni??

NM wako fast sanaa lakini..naona walikuwa na nia nzuri ya kuonyesha kuwa wameweza kufanya mahojiano na top EPL Manager!!!!

Hivi bongo media house zetu vipi zimefanikiwa kupata coverage nzuri ya hii michuano plus interviews mbalimbali au ni yale yale......
Tafadhali naomba Tanzania's media houses zisiige hii "nia nzuri yako"!

Hamna cha ujanja wowote hapo, walidhani jamaa wa Arsenal hawatasoma hiyo article, lengo lao kubwa ni kuuza magazeti yao. Article zao nyingi sana zina-walakini na zimesaidia kuwapa waKenya perception mbaya juu ya majirani zao.

Tafadhali naomba Tanzania's media houses zisiige hii "nia nzuri yako"![/QUOTE

hiyoo controversy iliyotokea tuu ni habarii toshaaa...NM lazima walipangaa kufanyaa waliyofanya na wamepata walichotakaa..

hehehe nakumbuka siku mmoja nilikuwa kwenge kenya airways kutoka nchi fulani wakati tunakaribia nairobi rubani akasema angalieni mlima kilimanjaro nilifikiri angeoza kuwa uko tz lkn wapi.

Hapa napata picha usihjesikia wakasema serengeti national park iko kwao kama waliweza kumuwekea maneno wenger watashindwa kusema hivyo tukiwa kwenye soko la pamoja sipati picha.

nilisoma hiyo article jana Goal.com na kui-doubt moja kwa moja,iIknow the flow of Wenger's interviews and that seemed different,and the way it was trying to credit Kenya by using wenger was just too low...I posted a comment on Goal.com yesterday questioning authenticity of that article,to see this response from Arsenal today denying the quotes is what Iwas expecting,anybody who know Kenyan media and know Arsene Wenger would not find it hard to raise doubts about those quotes.,,,This is the worst case of journalism,a big shame indeed to NM.

Back
Top Bottom