Discussion in 'Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum' started by mfianchi, Oct 1, 2009.
Masahihisho nilimuona mtu akitumia BB kusurf kwenye Laptop yake,BB ilikuwa kama Moderm
Haya kaka kazi kwako utade huo...
I TRIED MY NEW BB AND IT WORKED.
This guide will work with the following Blackberry Models:
* BlackBerry 7100/7130 series
* BlackBerry 7250 series
* BlackBerry 7290 series
* BlackBerry 8700/8707 series
* BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 and later
* Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP
* Laptop computer with an Intel 486 or higher processor
Important: Contact your service provider to determine if additional charges are incorporated for Internet traffic when using the BlackBerry wireless device as a tethered modem.
Lets get started:
A BlackBerry wireless device (with tethered modem capability) can be used as an external modem to connect a laptop computer to the Internet. To set up your tethered Blackberry as a modem we will...
1. Install BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 (one time only)
2. Setup the Internet Access Point Name (APN) (one time only)
3. Set up dial-up networking (one time only)
4. Connect the BlackBerry device to BlackBerry Desktop Manager
5. Connect to the Internet using dial-up networking
Note: During the following guide, do not operate the BlackBerry Browser or any third-party applications on the BlackBerry device.
Step 1 - Install BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 on the computer.
When you install desktop software, the drivers that enable the BlackBerry device to communicate through the USB port and virtual COM port are installed. The Standard Modem, which is used by dial-up networking, is also installed.
Note: If you are upgrading your desktop software from version 4.0 to 4.1, the required Virtual COM Port and Standard Modem might be removed during the upgrade process. If this is the case, re-install BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 and choose the Repair option to re-install these components.
Step 2 - Set up Internet APN.
1. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double-click Phone and Modem Options.
3. From the Modems tab, select Standard Modem, and click Properties.
4. In the Advanced Tab, type the following into the Extra initialization commands field: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet.tz.celtel.com"
Note: You can determine and enable your Internet APN by contacting your service provider.
Step 3 - Set up dial-up networking
Note: During the set up procedure, use user name = guest, password = guest.
Windows XP Operating Systems
1. Go to Start > Settings > Network Connections.
2. Double-click New Connection Wizard. The New Connection Wizard opens.
3. Click Next.
4. Complete one of the following steps:
1. Select the Connect to the Internet option. Click Next.
2. Select Setup my connection manually. Click Next.
3. Select Connect using a dial-up modem. Click Next.
4. In the ISP Name field, type a name for your connection. Click Next.
5. In the Phone number field, type *999#. Click Next.
6. Select those users who have access to the connection.
7. Enter the User name = guest and Password = guest. Click Next.
8. Click Finish.
Step 4 - Connect the BlackBerry device to BlackBerry Desktop ManagerConnect the BlackBerry device to the computer and verify that Desktop Manager displays Connected. The device must be identified by Desktop Manager in order for the modem to establish a connection.
Important: The Desktop Manager must be running for the tethered modem to function
Step 5 - Connect using dial-up networking
Important: For this task, contact your service provider for the required user name and password to configure the dial-up networking.
1. Connect the device to the laptop computer.
2. Open Desktop Manager.
3. Click Start > Settings > Network Connections > <name of your new connection>.
4. If you are prompted to enter your Windows user name and password, leave the fields blank and click OK.
5. Click Dial.
When a modem call is active, Modem Mode Enabled appears on the device.
Asante mkuu Mnyakuzi
Au Kuna Kitu Mi Namiss hapo!? kama kichwa cha habari ni Re: Nataka kutumia Blackberry Bold 9000 kama Moderm
Mi Sina solution ila nimesikia inawezekana,