Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Museveni, four others starved at ANC celebrations

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by ByaseL, Jan 12, 2012.

1. B

ByaseL JF-Expert Member

Jan 12, 2012
    President Museveni and other African heads of state were allegedly deprived of food and beddings during their trip last week to attend the ruling African National Congress’ (ANC) centenary celebrations, South African media reported yesterday.

News24 reported online that the President’s handlers rushed to Nandos where they bought him grilled chicken for dinner. It is understood Mr Museveni does not like fast-food.

House organisations

The online publication said ANC officials had ordered owners of the houses it rented for VIPs at Woodlands Hills Wildlife Estate to remove all their possessions, leaving liquor as the only consumable in the rooms. President Museveni is a teetotaller.

“Ugandan officials had to leave Woodlands to go and buy duvets (thick bed covers), food and other necessities for the President as there was a bed without linen,” the newspaper reported, quoting Mampho Mmelaedi whom it said was caretaker at the house where Mr Museveni stayed. Deputy Principal Private Secretary Kintu Nyago, who accompanied the President to Bloemfontein city, was not available for comment.

Tamale’s take

However, Presidential Spokesperson Tamale Mirundi last evening said the deputy PPS had briefed him that there was no intentional lapse except that the town was “overwhelmed”. He said: “It is true certain things were not in plenty but I was told the President got a good place which was comfortable and clean.”

2. J

John W. Mlacha Verified User

Jan 12, 2012
    rais wa TZ na ndege ya tz ..mkapa......?

3. OTIS

OTIS JF-Expert Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bila kumtaja siku yako haiendi vyema
    OTIS

4. cartura

cartura JF-Expert Member

Jan 12, 2012
    i see, this was a bizzare occurrence and i hope the concerned authorities will come out with a plausible explanation - hivi wakwetu hakuhudhuria hiyo kitu?

5. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

Jan 12, 2012

That is so iffy... and I thot in this case if they were indeed overwhelmed they
    would have brought more food with abundant varieties than necessary! lol
    Wameitangaza kiustaarabu BUT i bet kuna watu wameshakoza kazi hapo...

6. Kabaridi

Kabaridi JF-Expert Member

Jan 12, 2012
    This is a dispeakable negative image potrayed by South African event planners. A whole sitting head of state can be rented a room without linen. That is how SADC views the east african region. Wacha tu wa SA waendelee kukaliwa na wazungu tu.