Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Museveni explains why he stopped shaking hands

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by ByaseL, Oct 8, 2012.

1. B

ByaseL JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2012
    By Vision Reporter

President Yoweri Museveni has called on Ugandans to be more careful with their health saying most of the diseases in Uganda are preventable and can be managed if people were more sensitized.

“Am now 68 years and one of the things I don’t have a budget for is sickness. This is because am a very determined person and I don’t want a situation where I can’t do anything because am sick,” he said.

The President said unlike flue which is airborne, AIDS is a sickness people hunt for and spread to others.

“AIDS you already know where it is and alcohol. You wonder why people should drink until their cheeks are swollen. If I was drinking alcohol, I would not serve you for all this time. You may wonder why I don’t shake hands but wave,” Museveni said.

He explained that he no longer shook hands as a precaution against the deadly Ebola virus. The recent Ebola outbreak in Kibaale district in Western Uganda killed nineteen.

“When it appeared, I made broadcasts because I take sickness very seriously and told people to stop shaking hands. With Ebola you just shake hands and you get it. Fortunately this was managed and it stopped spreading, many people would have died.

2. Safari_ni_Safari

Safari_ni_Safari JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2012
    ''If I was drinking alcohol, I would not serve you for all this time. You may wonder why I don't shake hands but wave," Museveni said.

As if people are interested in him ''serving'' them

3. TANMO

TANMO JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2012
    As if he is truly "serving" them, and not his own self.......................Lol

4. E

Edo JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2012
    "The President said unlike flue which is airborne, AIDS is a sickness people hunt for and spread to others.

AIDS you already know where it is and alcohol. You wonder why people should drink until their cheeks are swollen
    "- Hapa naona kasema ukweli lakini.

5. Edzeame

Edzeame Senior Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Naona atakufa kwa Ebola. Ebola ni airbone disease njia ya kuikamata ni rahisi sana