Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Mugabe sasa kuchezea timu ya Glasgow Celtic!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Askari Kanzu, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Askari Kanzu

Askari Kanzu JF-Expert Member

Jun 28, 2011
    • [​IMG]
    Victor Mugabe on the brink of a Celtic Move

Updated on 28/06/11 | By JOHN MUNENE

After months of speculation, highly rated Kenyan international and Germinal Beerschot midfielder Victor Mugabe Wanyama has finally settled on Scottish side Glasgow Celtic as his next destination ahead of other interested clubs like Rangers, Aston Villa, Racing Genk and Standard Liege.

New Celtic boss Neil Lennon’s was keen to close his first summer signing and splashed £1million for the 20 year old Kenyan. Mugabe will travel to Glasgow this week to finalize his move in the next 48 hours.

Confirming the new development, an excited Mugabe told SkySport,

“I am extremely excited. Celtic is a legendary club and I am looking forward to this.I have had a great time with GBA (Germinal Beerschot Antwerp) and I look forward to the next chapter of my career at Celtic.”

According to sport.stv.tv, Victor Mugabe whose official name is Mugubi will have to undergo vetting before a panel since Kenya is not ranked in the top 70 of Fifa's rankings,

Sport.stv.tv further reports that the initial application for a work permit will be automatically rejected. However, the fact that Mugabe made a debut for Kenya at age 15 and is a regular starter in international matches will make the appeal “more than likely to be approved”.

Chanzo cha habari