Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Mrs Africa USA 2008 pageant...Nani Zaidi?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Ab-Titchaz, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Ab-Titchaz

Ab-Titchaz Content Manager Staff Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Nashangaa hamna mbongo humu?

Miss Africa USA Pageant - About Us

For those who would like to attend, the address is listed below.

Miss Africa USA 2008 Pageant

Date: Sat. Nov. 1st 2008

Time: 7.30 PM

Venue: Clayton County Performing Arts Center, 2530 Mt Zion Pkwy, Jonesboro Georgia 30236

2. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Danièle Ntahonkiriye - Burundi​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Education: Abilene Christian University, Bachelor of Science, Journalism/Mass Communication.

Undergraduate Organizations: International Student Association (ISA), Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ), National Broadcasting Society (NBS).

Personal Platform Issue: AIDS (Auto Immune Deficiency Syndrome) Awareness; I am particularly interested in ensuring that vital facts about AIDS, as well as other specific information about AIDS is communicated effectively within schools both nationally and internationally.

Scholastic Ambition: to obtain a Master of Science in International Relations and Affairs.

Charitable Projects: International Rescue Committee (IRC), WIC Program (Women, Infants, and Children)

Favorite Quote: “Don’t judge a book by its cover”

Interesting facts: I was born and raised in Bujumbura, Burundi. I came to the United States on September 10, 2001 to attend Abilene Christian University in Abilene, Texas; sadly this was the day before the vicious terrorist attacks that took place on September 11th. Interestingly enough, I had a great opportunity to work for the Abilene Independent School District at Allie Ward Elementary School as an English as a Second Language Interpreter. It was such a blessing to be able to translate and teach English to refugee students from Africa.

I have had couple of internships in Washington, D.C. I interned at Voice of America in the central African division and also interned at Radio America where I worked on the Dateline Washington Show. I have had the distinct honor to attend the Institute of Political Journalism at Georgetown University. Furthermore, I attended a number of site briefings and numerous conventions while in college, which included Congress, the United States State Department, and the honorable White House.

Modeling is something else I have had the pleasure of being involved in. My pictures have been used for billboards, websites, magazines and brochures.

Goals: It is with great intentions that I plan on helping young adults understand that AIDS is real, and not only a disease found in Africa. This very lethal disease is everywhere and it is taking young lives every day in large groves. It is my belief that the more young adults know about the true and very harsh facts about AIDS, that they will in turn make decisions that will decrease their chances of contracting the disease. Furthermore and most poignantly, I believe that preventative measures need to be introduced and thoroughly discussed in an attempt to instill a sense of empowerment in this young population. It is my fervent hope and unyielding belief, that AIDS will be decreased immensely and even eradicated through the purposeful, systematic, and continuous educating of young people. I can and plan on playing a major role in decreasing the occurrences of this disease in our world.

Heroes: Nelson Mandela: I believe that he is a great role model of what an honorable fighter is. An honorable fighter stands up for a cause even if it tremendously inconveniences their life, is unselfish, courageous, patient, long suffering, positive, and unyieldingly faithful. Nelson Mandela sacrificed a great part of his life standing for the truth and that is something that I admire immensely and will simultaneously never forget.

My Vision for Africa: I visualize an Africa where peace is the most prevalent and primary characteristic of the land. I want to see every African child raised in his or her own country. I want to see an Africa where Wars are nothing more than stories and fables told by older generation Africans. So many innocent civilians have been devastated by the effects of war, and it hurts me profoundly when I see children and poor families moving from camp to camp like vagabonds. Every African who exists deserves to have the privilege of being educated, and thus a fair chance to have a bright future.

3. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Danielle Mingana Frankie Fochive - Cameroon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Education: I attended the Albert Einstein High School in Montgomery County in Maryland and I am currently attending the Montgomery college studying Optometry and Radiology, however I am still debating which to finally major on between the both of them.

Organization and Awards: In my high school years, I attended to many organizations: ''THE DUBOIS'', African American Association, African tribe tennis club. I won many awards like perfect attendance award, the Dubois award and Honors award.

Accomplishments:

• Volunteering in churches doing (babysitting, donating clothes to the poor, participating in bible study with children.
    • Volunteering shelter, serving food on thanksgiving to the hungry.
    • Also organized fund raisers to provide children with Christmas gifts.
    My hobbies and talents:

• Playing volleyball, Soccer, Basketball and Tennis
    • Dancing hip hop, salsa, makossa ,bisussi.
    • Writer and teaching.
    • Listening to music.

Talents

• Modeling (The Nalo Production, John Cassablanca Agency)
    • Dancing

My goals:
    My goal is to better the African Nation by volunteering and organizing fund raisers.Help make the dream of every orphan in Africa come true by providing them with toys, clothes, food, school supplies and many more.

Biography:
    Danielle Franckie Fochive was born in Cameroon on April 25 1987on and spent a few years in Paris before moving to the US .She was raised by her lovely Aunt Ms Mingana Kapjio Francoise and husband Kapjio Kalu Lucas. At the age of 14 she came to America for a better education and modeling career. She later on attended the Albert Einstein High School in Montgomery County in Maryland. Life was very difficult and stressful living by herself in such a big country;however that did not stop her from accomplishing her main goals which were graduating from high school with a 3.75 GPA average.

After graduating from High School, Danielle Franckie endured many challenges; lack of finances to go to college, lack of support from family. ..but by the grace of God Danielle was later blessed by angels who came to her life to help her. Now she is attending the Montgomery College in Takoma Park studying Optometry and Radiology. She has always being involved with charity organizations, volunteering anything honorable to better the African Nation and because of her struggles in life Danielle has had the dream to be given the opportunity to better the African nation to the best of her abilities

4. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Andrea Mvemba - Democratic Republic of the Congo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am an ambitious, persevering, optimistic individual who believes with hard work, effort and dedication nothing is impossible. I am a nineteen year old sophomore psychology major at Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia. Although I have encountered many obstacles from life, I see these challenges as necessary to my development as a strong young woman.

I aspire to obtain my PhD in clinical psychology, and hopefully be able to use my success to assist my fellow Congolese people. My motto in life is to live, love, laugh, and learn.

5. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Aziza Elteib - Ethiopia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My name is Aziza and I am originally from Ethiopia. It gives me great pride to represent my mother land Ethiopia. I was raised in Atlanta and modeling has always been my passion. I have been modeling since I was 18 yrs old. My goal is to be a role model to young women and a good example, especially to women in Africa. Being in America has given me the belief that anything you put your mind to you can achieve.

The driving force behind my modeling is to be in a position to one day uplift my community in Ethiopia and build schools and empowering young women with education to enhance their moral and intellectual standards. Being in the Miss Africa USA Pageant gives me the opportunity to enhance my quest for my dreams and goals. With this is in mind, I officially introduce myself to this great event and thank everyone involved.

6. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Tanta Badjan - Gambia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Name is Tanta Badjan, I was born an raised in the Gambia by my very strong and dedicated parents Mr. Rene Badjan and Elizabeth Badjan. I'm the third born in a family of 4, growing up my parents always made it
    very clear to both me and my siblings that education is very essential to have if we wanted to be successful in life.

With the caring voice of my parents pushing me to reach as high as I could, I maintained an excellent grade point average all through high school. Though I believe that I am a well loved young lady things have not always come easy to me, I've had to overcome many obstacles in my young life but I have also learned a lot from all that I went through. Since I was a little girl I was never afraid to dream big and I've always had an incredible determination to make all my dreams come true. I have just recently graduated from high school and will be starting college in fall majoring in Pharmacy.

My dreams include making Africa a better place for the future generation to come. I see such beauty in Africa that I believe a lot of beauty in Africa. My main focus is the children, I believe that Children do not need to know about the hardships of life until they are at least adult, so it hurts me to my soul whenever I see young motherless African Angels starving, suffering and lacking the love and nurture that every child needs. My dream is to bring these harsh realities to end by bringing awareness to the more fortunate people and getting help in anyway possible. Someday when I'm a well accomplished and a successful woman I plan to go back to Africa and build schools, homes for motherless kids and provide free medical coverage for our dying children and women. Everyday young african women are dying from HIV and I believe that if we all stand together, Africa can and will be better with each passing year and i want to be the one that bring us all together to fight for our beautiful Africa. I'm very Passionate about singing and art itself and it has always been a dream of mine to
    entertain people with my talent. But beside all my hopes and dreams for Africa, I'm just a typical young, passionate, strong, determine young lady who plans to change the world one step at a time by making a
    difference each day.

Coming to the United States has helped me become a positive and driven young lady in more that one ways. I have learned to embrace my individuality here because the US allowed me to express myself and find out who I am as a person, so while Africa gave me my culture, America helped me discover myself.

7. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Krystle Simpson - Ghana​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My name is Krystle Simpson and 20 years old. I currently reside in Germantown, Maryland where I attend Montgomery College. I am majoring in Pre - Medicine with the ambition of becoming a physician in the future. I take education very seriously because it is one of the keys to achieving a successful life. This is one of the many teachings my mother preached to me all my life. Since my earlier years I’ve had a keen interest in basketball, and from middle school through to college I’ve had the pleasure of being on my school’s basketball team. I was selected as captain of my team in my second year in college. In addition to learning how to be a team player, this added role taught me the importance and principles of being a leader and role model to my teammates. Along side my education, I am also actively pursuing a career in the modeling industry, which has been a passion and dream of mine since I can remember.

I am very family-oriented and feel family is an important aspect in molding one's unique characteristics and personality. Family teaches one about values, morals and other elements that play a strong role in sculpting a prosperous life. I am very proud and fortunate to have been raised in a disciplined and loving environment where I’ve been taught faith, culture, fairness, honesty and respect for others and myself. My mother has had an enormous impact in my life as a strong African woman. She’s accomplished extraordinary feats from surviving unbeatable odd she faced in Ghana to becoming a single parent after moving to the United States. Her strength and courage aided her in moving to the United States in search of a better life for her children but also transformed successful independent woman. This has been a true inspiration to me. As a single parent she is raising two college students by herself, owns four homes and runs a home management and catering business, which I assist her with faithfully. The successes of my mother have helped me appreciate and know what real hard work and commitment is and how no matter the odds anyone can make it. I know all of dreams are capable of fulfillment from the life example of my mother.

I am a strong supporter of the women in Africa. I believe they have the potential of holding high-ranking positions in businesses and government and can provide the leadership and direction the people of Africa need. Women in Africa are natural born leaders. From the onset at a very young age most of them are given many responsibilities, which they are able to manage and complete successfully day in and day out. Many women in Africa are highly educated and intelligent and can bring forth different perceptions, views and concepts to contribute in business cooperation’s and in government. Being a believer of democracy which practices equity and having seen the major advancements women in the United States have made, I feel it is a woman's right to participate in and have an impression on business and government priorities, policies and practices. Ghana has an important presidential election this year and I believe their citizens as well as all African citizens of their various countries whether it be men, women, poor or rich, should be apart of their country’s presidential election process and other high ranking positions of office. Everyone should exercise there right to vote for whoever they feel will best express their personal concerns and views in office.

As Miss Ghana USA 2008, I will use all my energy and knowledge I have attained in the United States as well as the life principles I learnt from my mother to help my brothers and sisters in Africa. I will help inform and educate them about disease control, prevention and proper health practices to minimize the spread of HIV/AIDS and other STD's, as well as other life threatening diseases such as Malaria. I also want to contribute in activities to help poverty stricken children, orphans, and young adults in Ghana. This will go long way in providing hope to these people. I also want to be a role model to aspiring models in Ghana and show them that their dreams too can come true.

I am a down to earth and ambitious young woman. I come from humble beginnings and I’m very fortunate and proud to represent Ghana in the Miss Africa USA Pageant. I know with faith in God and hard work anything is possible and my dream to become Miss Africa USA 2008 can be realized.

8. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Binta (Binette) Diao - Guinea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Victoria Njau - Kenya

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Twenty three years ago I was born to a Luo mother and a Kikuyu father, but only got a chance to be raised by my mother. I grew up in a small cultured village filled with traditional rituals and taboos of a primitive society, the outside world at large did not exist, but in the next few years after my elementary education, it did introduced itself to me but only to a certain limit and never reached ABOVE my level at the time. My Educational journey started out well, by me going to one of the best prestigious elementary schools, but that journey ended with me graduating on merit of my performance, luckily the same journey brought me here in United States to study Medicine. I am currently a sophomore at University Of Texas at Dallas pursing a bachelor’s degree in a double major; Biology/ Business management. I aspire to continue my educational pursuit by attending medical school in the near future. With a well mapped out future for myself, I plan to achieve my ultimate goal of being a well-educated woman who can make meaningful contributions to individuals everywhere with an ultimate goal of one day to serve in the Kenyan politics, while holding the interest of people at heart.

My heartfelt need to assist and attempt to make a difference in the lives of others has been my driving force in my charitable endeavors. I have been blessed with great sponsors here in the United States; they have provided financial support for some of the many charitable projects. In collaboration with them, I have been given the opportunity to aid in the education of four students back in my home school, I have provided educational supplies for students, and opened Victoria Harvard Academy, an elementary school and Victoria Medical Center all for the benefit of the people in my village. This medical center provides treatment with limited monetary exchange. Treated patients pay for the services provided with agricultural produce, and a limited supply of food for the school. I believe I don’t have to be rich to help, I have the ability to make a difference daily, and I attempt to put that belief to practice through volunteering at a shelter in Dallas, teaching reading and English, and by making small donations of food and clothing.

As newly crowned Miss Kenya USA 2008-2009, my desire is to make more contributions to the people of Kenya, be the spokesperson for the Kenyan Community in America, focus on changing lives of orphans in my village and keeping my already established charitable endeavors funded and operating smoothly. If I am to be crowned Miss Africa USA 2008-2009, I intend to seek more sponsorship and support to continue making change in the lives of Africans. I plan to be a spokesperson in promoting education, domestic violence and health care. My desire is to give hope to the many hopeless individuals especially orphans in Africa.

10. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Belloh Julius - Liberia​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am a native and a proud citizen of Liberia. The oldest of 3 girls and was single handily raised by my mother. I have accomplished two years of studies in interior design working towards completing my bachelors at the Art Institute of Atlanta. Currently, I work full time at a telecommunications firm. I believe in reaching out to young people and that is why my platform is speaking to the youth of the future about safe sex and how to protect themselves against STD and HIV.

In accomplishing these goals, I plan to work with organizations that have focus groups on these issues and also speaking out to youth seminars and conferences. I have volunteered at the Liberian Association of Metropolitan Atlanta (LAMA) Health fair, as well as the Women of Fire Liberian children's family Day. I have also volunteered with the Liberian United Women in Progress at the historical Fairmount Park in Philadelphia. I worked with other volunteers cleaning20and restoring the flower garden at the park that was going to be closed by the city due to lack of maintenance at park. I am a part of the Atlanta Stretcher organization, which is a Liberian kickball team; who are currently the champions of the annual kickball tournament held in North Carolina.

In my spare time, I enjoy drawing, painting, writing poetry and modeling. I have seven years of modeling experience, which had given me the opportunity of working for top designer such as Calvin Klein, Michael Knight and Enyce. I've been selected to work at the Atlanta Music conference that is being organized by the Grammies in Atlanta. I like fun activities such as playing kick ball with my teammates and going bowling with close friends and family, but most of all I like to spend my weekend with friends preparing traditional meals such as cassava leaf and fried fish and rice. Over all I am a person that loves to make the most of each and every day.

11. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Esosa Edosomwan - Nigeria

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Esosa Edosomwan is an award-winning actress/writer/"directress" on the rise proud to represent Nigeria in the 2008 Miss Africa USA competition. She is a multi-talented and highly motivated individual who will use the platform of Miss Africa USA to empower women in entertainment, and promote holistic healing of African people worldwide. Some of her first projects as Miss Africa will include: forging partnerships with organizations in the United States and in Africa that offer scholarships and mentorships to allow young African women to express themselves artistically, and gathering resources and support to send teams of holistic healers to heal Africans with AIDS and other terminal diseases. Esosa is the first generation of her family born in the U.S., and has been empowered by the experience of knowing her direct origin in Africa. Despite being witness to the fear surrounding owning her cultural heritage, her experiences living abroad internationally, and in the U.S. have infused her with a pride and love for African people, and fueled her desire to bridge connections between Africans worldwide.

From January 2003 until March 2009, she played the role of Malady in the hit New York City production, "Platanos & Collard Greens", in addition to various roles in David Lamb's, "Auction Block to Hip-Hop." Early in 2007, Esosa founded her own film production company, AfroVision Productions. She wrote, acted, directed and starred in her film, "50 Bucks in Argentina," which recently won an honorable mention for the Audience Award at the Mid Atlantic Black Film Festival. Prior to the founding of AfroVision, she wrote, performed and directed another short entitled "Simple As Blk & White." Based on the strength of these two short films, Esosa was chosen as a featured finalist in the second season of the MTV-U series "Meet or Delete" where she competed and won a mentorship with Hollywood Director, Joel Schumacher (Batman & Robin, A Time to Kill, St. Elmo's Fire).

In addition to her filmmaking abilities, Esosa has made a name for herself as a model. She has been featured in publications such as: Essence Magazine, Blackbook, L Magazine, style.com, and on the promotional materials for independent designers such as Zulema Griffin from Bravo's "Project Runway", Brooklyn-based designers: Harriet's Alter Ego, Ambiguous Art Jewelry, Idyllic Couture, and John Ashford Shoes. Esosa has received numerous awards since the beginning of her career, including a 2008 Brooklyn Arts ReGrant, Quarter-finalist in The BlueCat Screenwriting Competition and the PAGE International Screenwriting Awards for her feature film screenplay "One Night in Brooklyn," the Frances E. Williams Artist Grant in 2007, and the Heermans- McCalmon Playwriting Award for her one act play "VIVIAN X" in 2005.

Her current projects are raising the funds for her upcoming feature film, "One Night in Brooklyn," which will be shot on location in Crown Heights, and starting a non-profit organization affiliated with her work as a holistic health consultant, dedicated to creating health and well being through holistic health education and programs in urban communities worldwide.

12. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Mariamma Brown - Senegal​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mariamma Brown is a fresh new talent in the acting business and recent graduate of Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia. Mariamma completed her duration at Spelman College with a BA degree in theater and music, but film is another interest of hers. So far Mariamma has accomplished four short films and a documentary on fashion during her study abroad travels in Ghana. Aside from her own cinematic achievements she has graced the movie sets of established filmmakers such as Spike Lee and Tyler Perry.

Aside from her passion for acting and film, Mariamma has been classically trained in voice, and performed a program of great classics in her recital to complete her music minor at Spelman College. At the young age of 22 Mariamma's current success in the areas of acting, film making, and singing have made her a triple threat in the arena of entertainment.

As Miss Africa USA, Mariamma would like to champion improving the image of Africa. Africa has been dominantly known for starving children, poverty, and HIV/ AIDS. While these issues are very important and do exist, it creates stereotypes and narrow mind sets of Africa when media and other outlets only display the negative entities of this great continent . Mariamma would like to bring more awareness to the fact that the African continent is filled with people of rich culture, captivating lands, and astounding beauty. Mariamma believes this goal can be executed through film, internet, organizations, and the list goes on.

My goal to become Miss Africa USA and improve portrayal of Africa stems from my father being Senegalese. I always knew my dad was from Senegal but it never dawned on me that I was African until I was a teenager. My mother is African-American and living in America that is what I saw myself as. When I realized I was African and gained a sense of pride in myself that I never had before. I was also excited to know what many African- Americans lost due to slavery. I knew what part of Africa I was from and the great history and people it contained.

13. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Philippa Makoni Lahai-Swaray - Sierra Leone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The daughter of Philip Swaray and Zakiatu Maju-Swaray, I am the oldest of six and the first grandchild of Florence and Humphrey Swaray, the third of Alhaji Chernor and Haja Sidratu Maju. My African heritage and up-bringing have been the foundation for my morals, values and success so far. My traditional up-bringing has had a positive impact on how I apply myself to both school and everyday situations and has, through everything, kept me grounded. I appreciate and am often in awe of, the strength and support that my family has given me.

I was born in Sierra Leone, West Africa, but spent most of my younger years in London England. I attended Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham College where I excelled in Music, English, Science, German and French and discovered my love for track and field. Within five (5) years of attending HAHC I was ranked one of London's Top School Athletes and had also become an avid cross country runner. I won many championships, ultimately set several school records and attained a National Record of Achievement for my accomplishments in sports. It was not too long after this that my family and I moved to the USA.

We settled in Atlanta, Georgia, where I attended Stephenson High School. There, I became an active member of the student body and also a recognized state athlete. I graduated class of 2003 and commenced my collegiate education at Alabama State University, with a concentration in Criminology and a minor in Psychology. I was member of the ASU Track and Field team, and, during the annual Crowning of the Queen's ceremony was honored to be crowned Miss Simpson Hall. With this title I was able to put together forums tailored to the university's young female population. While some were specifically geared towards building self-respect and developing (and maintaining) self-motivation, all were designed to provide us, as young ladies, with support on our journeys into womanhood.

I became a member of the International Student Association where I planned events and trips to showcase other cultures. While attending ASU, I spent much of my free time volunteering and mentoring youth and students in the Montgomery area. On the fiftieth (50th) anniversary of the Montgomery Bus Boycott I was proud, as a young Black woman, to be a volunteer escort and guide to the many Civil Rights activists who were the special guests of the university as it commemorated this remarkable time in Black and US history.
    I was invited to become a member of a Women's Leadership Program and to host other social forums within the university that addressed community and world issues. This gave me an opportunity to perfect my public speaking and presentation skills and to also see the overwhelming need for a progressive generation of leaders and great thinkers.

Although my time at ASU was short, only one year, it had given me the foundation that I needed to become a leader amongst my peers. In the spring of 2006, I transferred to East Tennessee State University on a full scholarship in Track and Field - being a member of the Buccaneer Track and Field team had always been a dream of mine and I was ready to live out that dream when tragedy struck.

In March of 2006, shortly after arriving at East Tennessee State, I was involved in an automobile accident. I survived with two broken legs and a shattered left ankle. My recovery was a challenge, mentally and physically. For a year and a half I was in Physical Therapy learning how to walk again and then working on regaining full motion in my left ankle. My accident was life changing! It tested not only my faith, but also my willingness to become a testimony to others. I made a decision to keep on trusting in God, and was determined to be a blessing to as many people as I could by having a positive and grateful attitude, overcoming this temporary setback with dignity, grace and a cheerful spirit, and, by keeping my commitment to serve my community. Because of these decisions, my tenacity, the help of some great professionals, the support of my family and friends, and, the Grace of God, I now have full range of motion in both legs and ankles!

After the accident I was unable to continue running, but had another talent that I had nurtured and loved but which had taken a backseat to athletics – singing. Through an amazing series of events and some talent I was able get a scholarship into the East Tennessee State Gospel Choir.

Other things that I enjoy giving my time to are: volunteering with children ages 3-5 at Atlanta International Montessori School, having the opportunity to be a part of The President's Committee on Culture and Diversity (ETSU), The Diversity Committee (ETSU), being Vice-President of The Black Affairs Association (ETSU), President of the East Tennessee State Gospel Choir (ETSU), and also, working as an event planner to show case both African and Urban clothing through my business venture.

After graduating from ESTU, I plan on attending Law School, hopefully, at Emory University and concentrating on International Corporate Law. With this I hope to be able to give back to my current community and also to my country of origin, Sierra Leone. I am passionate about being socially conscious and encouraging others, especially in my generation and younger, to be also, because I firmly believe that social awareness and community involvement are the roots of change. They give a sense of purpose and are part of the answer to the hopelessness and apathy of my generation.

I have always been encouraged, and somewhere along the way, desired, to be a role model - at home as the eldest of all my siblings and most of my cousins, as an active participant in whichever community I am a part of, to the person whom I may encounter for a short moment, and, to the stranger observing me from a distance. By becoming Miss Africa USA I hope to continue to fulfill this desire by proudly representing the African Diaspora. I am proud of my African heritage, where love, hard work and respect for elders are esteemed, and, to be living in the United States of America where I may wholeheartedly engage in ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness'. As Miss Africa USA I hope to be an accurate portrayal of the merging of the best of these two great cultures.

14. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Nyasha Zimucha - South Africa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Living here in the United States, and representing my country has been an honor. I have been able to introduce my fellow American citizens to my culture through education. I believe in diversity, and one of the greatest traits about America is that it has become a melting pot filled with greater opportunity, and literally the world in one grand country. Be it in politics, entertainment, health, education or even pageantry, one is bound to work with someone from a foreign background, and I believe this helps us understand not only each other more, but also assists in us being global citizens. Variety is essential in our world today, and it is the reason why the American dream exists, and can be achieved.

Growing up during the apartheid era in Southern Africa, I know first hand the importance of giving back, as I come from humble beginnings. Xenophobia - an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers, or of that which is foreign or strange, has been a grave concern of mine since the recent xenophobic attacks in South Africa in Spring 2008. Along with my Miss South Africa USA title – I created a platform which focuses on educating the youth about xenophobia, and its affects in not only America, but in our world today. Through my campaign, I have also designed t-shirts, which proceeds of the sales will be donated to xenophobia refugee camps in South Africa, working closely with the UNHCR South Africa (The UN Refugee Agency), and various celebrities in the entertainment industry.

I urge everyone to join me in my “Xen: NO Phobia” campaign, promoting peace, unity and a mentality the promotes giving back to those less fortunate, no matter the race, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, or economic condition. Also visit Xenophobia in South Africa | Home Page for more information.

Apart from giving back, I also enjoy the performing arts. Today, still a dancer, singer, model, and avid public speaker, I am currently filming with WEtv as a celebrity judge on a new beauty pageant show “Little Miss Perfect”, set to air in late Fall 2008/Early 2009. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, and friends, traveling, and sports. One of my favorite past-times is American football, and I enjoy playing although it is a predominately male sport!

A quote that I created and live by: “Do not make excuses for those who mistreat you, life is short 'n precious. The world is filled with many great people, make the world your playground. Set high standards, DON'T settle for what you do not want. Time does heal wounds, so does living your dream the way YOU want.”

15. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Nathalia Zambakari - South Sudan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As my friends and family members may say “Nathalia embodies what an African young lady is all about”. I’m an intelligent, beautiful and a proud Sudanese young lady. I grew up in many African countries such as The Republic of Central Africa, The Congo, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, and my native home land Sudan. This gave me an opportunity to learn about all the different but similar cultures. But most importantly it helped shape my personality and especially the way I view life.

I’m compassionate in the sense that I love giving back to my community through volunteering; I’m down to earth, because I’m simple and love to participate in sports especially soccer, last but certainly not least is my driven personality. I hold very high expectations of myself and everything I do. I honestly believe this is a quality that is engraved in my genes and and the genes of every African. We are always working towards bettering ourselves, our families, and our beautiful continent

16. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Imat Akelo-Opio - Uganda

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Copango, ngeya o bedo (Hi My name is) Imat Akelo-Opio. I am the founder of Otino-International formerly known as DarkContinent.org. I am also an International performing artist (Miss Imat) having undertaken my professional acting and performing arts training in New York City. Most recently in 2008 as an actress I have performed in two major International theatre productions, Get Smart and Chrysalis. Both plays are published and are available worldwide.

However most importantly I am an educated African woman with a Masters Degree in Clinical Data Management who was born to inspire and encourage each and every single one person on their journey of life.

On a professional level I am an International member of the International AIDS Society- Geneva Switzerland (IAS), the Society for AIDS Africa (SAA) and I also hold full membership with the United Nations Australasia Division (UNAA).

One of my greatest achievements was being chosen as one of two principal female co-choreographers/dancers to lead the African Division for the Arrivals Section of the Sydney 2000 Olympics Opening Ceremony and being given the opportunity to record the Official Accompanying African Arrivals theme song for the 2000 Olympics Compilation CD.

Being an African woman and living in the United States has shown me and given me through insight the fullness of love, respect and the opportunity to embrace all the wonderful cultures that have made this nation that which it is today. The USA has taught me to fight for what I believe in and has also provided me opportunities that I otherwise would not have been possible in any other part of the world especially in the performing arts. Finally above all, coming and living in the USA has proven to me that nothing is impossible and that everyone and anyone can make it in their own right, to that which they aspire if they so do truly desire.

As Miss Africa USA my aim firstly is to empower Africa as one people. There is power through education, encouragement and unity as one entity. I also aim to abolish the stereotypical idea and to remove the stigma that the world has placed on Africa as helpless, needy and wanting. Instead I will promote and educate the World with the mighty doings of Africa, of who we are, what we stand for and what we as a powerhouse have achieved, of what we are currently achieving and of where we have set our sights for the future of our Motherland.

God Bless and Keep Moving
    Miss Imat

17. Ab-Titchaz

Oct 17, 2008
    Busi Mlambo - Zimbabwe​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am from Harare, Zimbabwe and I have lived in the United States for almost eight years. I love and miss my country but I feel privileged to live in a place with boundless opportunities and a wonderful and diverse population. I have a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and I graduated with a law degree in May 2008. One of the most fulfilling activities with which I have been involved as both an undergraduate and a law student is volunteering for refugee services as a mentor, tutor and event organizer. Some of the young African women whom I mentored had come to the U.S. as refugees after having fled desperate situations in their home countries, which were often war-torn. I was inspired by how, despite their tragic and often traumatic experiences, they had such positive attitudes and a passion for life.

Unfortunately, because of the limited resources of refugee services, they are expected to be completely independent and self-sufficient after about only three months of arriving in the country. By raising scholarship money and providing other support services, I want for these young women to be able to have an education and all the means necessary to be successful and happy and to rebuild their lives in the U.S.

Part of the reason that I decided to study law was to be an advocate for the promotion and protection of women’s rights in the neediest regions of the world. It is my life’s purpose. I have been very fortunate to have loving family and friends who have provided me with both material and emotional support and I intend to provide the same for other African women who have a love for learning but who are limited by their circumstances.

As Miss Africa USA I would promote the education of African women. In addition to creating a scholarship fund for African women in America, I intend to make education accessible to girls in Africa. With a good education, their opportunities can be limitless and we can come closer to eliminating the impoverishment that is suffered by many women and children in the continent. I would like to serve as an example that African women can fulfill their aspirations however lofty they may seem. I am excited for the chance to be a part of making that happen. I hope to see more world leaders who are African women. Our courage, strength and resilience can surely change the world for the better!

18. M

Mutu JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2008
    vp mbona wabongo hakuna?

19. Invisible

Invisible Admin Staff Member

Oct 17, 2008

OMG!

Mhhhh!

20. NaimaOmari

NaimaOmari JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Hmm mwenzangu mm nitakuwa mshamba tu .. mambo hayo siyawezi wala siyataki ... ila watapatikana tu wengi .. usijali pengine pado mapema mno.