Mpeni huu ujumbe Hasheem Thabit..

Nikiwa kama veterani wa kikapu... namtazama Hasheem kama mtu alopewa talanta akaichimbia ardhini.. mkulima anaelima afu anageuka nyuma nyuma kuangalia amalima kiasi gani.... hajachukua muda kuangalia nafasi ya michezo ktk jamii.. hajui ni idadi gani ya vjana ambao wanatamani kufuata mafanikio yake na anawapoteza kwa atendo yake... ajifunze kwa kina KANU..MANUTE BOL..DIKEMBE MUTOMBO..GEORGE WEAH na wengine ambao matendo yao ktk jamii yatakumbukwa kwa vizazi!!
Angalizo: Bado ana muda wa kujitathmini na kubadilika kwa faida yake na jamii...!!!

Tatizo ukiwa umezungukwa na watu wasio na elimu na hekima ya kutosha wanaweza kukupoteza kwani hawakushauri jinsi ya kuweza kukua kiuchumi bali wanakushauri jinsi kuanguka kiuchumi.

Mkuu BAK,

Huo ushauri wako ni muhimu sana kwa kijana. Unajua mwaka jana alinishangaza sana alipopelekwa D-League alisema hajali kwa kuwa paycheck yake bado iko pale pale. Huo ni mtazamo wa mtu ambaye hajali kujiendeleza ama ku-improve paycheck yake.

Katika michezo, ili kupandisha kiwango ni pamoja na mazoezi na pia kupata dakika za kutosha kucheza game za mashindano ambazo zinaku-expose kwa potential teams ambazo zinaweza kukuhitaji in future. Ndiyo maana wachezaji ambao wanajiamini kwamba wanaweza ku-deliver, wakipigwa bench huwa wanaomba kuwa traded kwa kuwa anajua akiendelea kukaa bench kiwango kitashuka. Kwa mwendo anaokwenda nao anaweza kujikuta next contract paycheck inashuka badala ya kupanda ama asipate kabisa timu ambayo itakuwa inamhitaji.

Labda watanzania tuna hulka ya kuridhika mapema ndiyo maana hatuendelei.:A S confused:

Mr. Keil umenikuna sana uliposema "Labda watanzania tuna hulka ya kuridhika mapema ndiyo maana hatuendelei." Kauli yako inanikumbusha makala murua ya ndugu yetu moja anayeishi Ohio- US aitwaye Jaduong Metty, (Metty'z RefleXions - Tanzania in Focus: HT to D-League: Lack of Skills or Cultural Disorientation?) ambayo ilioanisha kwa kina matatizo ya bwana mdogo Hasheem na Watanzania kwa ujumla na mila na desturi za nchi yetu. Tangu nisome makala hiyo, nimekuwa natafakari mara kwa mara kuhusu jambo hilo. Post hiyo ilikuwa na kichwa cha habari:
HT to D-League: Lack of Skills or Cultural Disorientation?

Thabeet’s draft to the NBA is one of those things that has not and will not regularly happen to Tanzania. It is for that reason, I was happy for Hasheem and for Tanzania, because this was a history changing event.

However, just less than a year since Hasheem was picked by the Memphis Grizzlies; he made another history by being the first second pick to be send down to the NBA’s Development League. For those who watched Hasheem play at UConn, one thing was clear – the kid was not fully developed in his game.

I would definitely cut Hasheem some slack. The kid had very little basketball experience prior to donning a UConn’s uniform. I would guarantee you that 99% of NBA ballplayers had touched a basketball by the age of 10. Furthermore, Memphis clearly understood that when they drafted him.

It is for that reason I wasn’t surprised when the Grizzlies sent Hasheem to the D-League. He truly needed some playing time to develop his game. What surprised me, however, was Hasheem’s response to his D-League’s trip. You could read Hasheem’s response here...

The comment that irked folks the most is about the kid’s paycheck being the same despite being sent to the D-League. I am not surprised he made such comments.

In many ways, I could relate to Hasheem’s comment about paycheck, haters, and so on. Part of it is immaturity, but largely cultural. When I started my career with KPMG after graduation from college, I had a lot of trouble initially because I came to KPMG hung up on my college academic achievements. Bad enough, in that lake of stupidity, I was basking in the glow of what my paycheck could accomplish in Bongoland. Boy, I was wrong.

See, after some painful experiences I came to learn – the hard way – that it was imperative for me to make a quick transition from having Tanzania as my yardstick to seeing things from an American perspective. And I think making that transition is where Hasheem is currently struggling.

I cannot blame Hasheem for having the I-have-made-it kind of mentality. Truthfully, he has made it. A very little percentage of folks in Tanzania or even Tanzanians in the United States will ever make $4.5 million in their lifetime - legally or illegally. Furthermore, a very small percentage of Tanzanians living abroad will ever have the privilege of hanging out with the President and having a “national” reception when you land at JKN International Airport.

Nonetheless, the biggest question is this – would Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, or LeBron James regard $4.5 million in the bank, but with lack of strong basketball skills and playing time a success? Hardly.

See, going back to my KPMG experience, I came on board with a purely Tanzanian mentality. I placed very little value in the desire to get ahead (Ujamaa mentality anyone?), seeking career advice through mentorship, hard work, etc. At the end of the day, despite my academic achievements (potential), I ended up frustrated and frustrating my employer. That is because I didn’t fully understand the culture around me and what was expected of me.

Playing ball in the NBA, whether Hasheem understands it or not, is just like any other career, ignoring the obvious differences. And as far as I know the American corporate culture, each employee tries to be their best without even the employer prompting them to. It is for that very reason, true “professionals” like Michael Jordan worked hard despite having more talent that the majority of their peers. Ask Kobe. Ask Carmelo. Ask LeBron. They would tell you that they have something to work on. You will never hear them talk about their paycheck first.

Going beyond the NBA, the American culture, somehow expects more. Yesterday’s technology is not good enough. Yesterday’s methodology is not good enough. The American society sort of expects improvement and not mediocrity. What Hasheem did in college is simply history. Honestly, with all the “accomplishments” Hasheem has had, getting the fact that American society expects a little bit more could be a struggle for the kid to comprehend.

If Tanzanian basketball and culture was the standard, I would not ask Hasheem to change anything. That is because most successful folks in Tanzania didn’t get there through hard work, but through dubious means. I would not ask Hasheem to mend his attitude and improve on his work ethic because in Tanzania, generally speaking, having a little more (or not having it bad) than your neighbor is good enough.

What is telling of Hasheem’s cultural orientation is this US Today's article. So the kid truly thought Coach Calhoun was picking on him for requiring hard work? That also begs the question, how much has he learned since UConn days?

At the end of the day, however, it is not all doom and gloom for Hasheem. I think the kid will learn, improve and make Tanzania proud.

Nonetheless, right about now the kid does not need criticism, but some serious mentoring to help him shift from a Tanzanian mentality to an American cultural orientation. Once he gets it, taking a vacation while his offensive game stinks wouldn’t be on his to-do list this summer. Furthermore, the “haters” would disappear, for he will realize that his NBA dream is not hinged on some blog comments, but on his own work ethic.

My struggle at KPMG was not because of the color of my skin. It was mainly because of my cultural “disorientation”. I know Hasheem is going through it right now, but he will get it eventually. Trust me on that one. :twitch:

Waswahili walishasema "Masikini akipata, ****** hulia mbwata" na "Wamoja havai mbili".

Halafu acha kumtaja Hasheem on the same breath na Manute Bol, alichofanya Manute, hata kama kafa bila hela, kimemuonyesha kwamba ni mtu mwenye utajiri wa roho.Manute hakuwa na ubishoo wa kitoto, Manute alikuwa na uchungu na watu wa kwao Sudan kusini, ndiyo maana Sudan Kusini Manute is up there with John Garang.Manute kasaidia mamilioni ya dola kwao wakati yeye mwenyewe hakutaka makuu kabisa.

Siyo hawa watoto walevi wa u celebrity, mpira wenyewe hawawezi wanapelekwa D-League tu, kazi fujo za kitoto.

Halafu hizi habari za kulaumu washauri naona zishapita.Hashimu si mgeni tena bongo wala Marekani, wala si minor, Calhoun kashamfunda sana, NBA kashaiona, kama anakuwa mshamba kama vile ndiyo leo anashika credit cards zenye hela tutamshangaa.

"Maskini akipata *t*a*k*o** huliambata"................yaani maskini akipata hitaji (i.e. *t*a*k*o) hulishikilia (i.e. huliambata)

Halafu Mkuu Boss umenishitua kidogo, story ya Scot Pippen ni ipi hiyo? He was one of my fav NBA players kwenye kile kikosi chao cha yeye, Michael Jordan, mchizi Dennis Rodman na wengineo cha cha middle 90s.

Scottie Pippen Wins $2 Million in Lawsuit but Appears to be Broke

By Boyce Watkins, PhD on Jul 1st 2010 1:26PM
Filed under: Celebrity News, Dr. Boyce Money
Comments (11)

aol
Print Emailhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php... Appears to be Broke&content=&sms_ss=1&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...tle}} {{url}} by @blackvoices&sms_ss=1&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php... Appears to be Broke&content=&sms_ss=1&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php... Appears to be Broke&content=&sms_ss=1&lng=enMore

scottiepippen.jpg
NBA legend Scottie Pippen cried when he heard that he'd been awarded $2 million in a legal malpractice case in Chicago.

"I don't want to really say anything. I'm just exhausted and tired," Pippen told reporters.

Pippen has had an interesting life. Hardly the player or businessman to match his buddy Michael Jordan, Pippen reportedly swam through $120 million in earnings throughout his career. His most dramatic financial decision was the purchase of a Gulfstream II corporate jet, which cost him a healthy $4.2 million.

Pippen ended up suing two attorneys at the Chicago law firm Pedersen & Houpt for $8.2 million. He alleged that his attorneys didn't effectively monitor his purchase of the jet, which was grounded after just two months for upgrades on the interior.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Pippen and his finances. It is not inconceivable that his attorneys and business managers found ways to get rich off of his labor, since that happens to NBA players on a regular basis. What can sometimes occur is that men can spend more energy working on their jump shots than actually becoming educated enough to keep from being financially destroyed. One of the saddest things about the NBA is that many of the men who control billions in wealth haven't been educated at their universities or in the public school system. Far too many players know nothing about business and money, but they know everything about basketball, women, jewelry and fancy cars. There's an old saying that "a fool and his money will soon part ways." Well, the truth is that many NBA players, by embracing ignorance over intelligence, soon find themselves to be the prey of Harvard-educated attorneys and agents seeking to suck them financially dry.

Of course, we can't put all players in the same basket. But the culture of the NBA has got to change, and we don't want our black boys being influenced by such silly behavior. This isn't to pick on Scottie Pippen, but most of us aren't shocked to hear a story about any NBA player going broke. There will likely be another one going broke next week.

"Maskini akipata *t*a*k*o** huliambata"................yaani maskini akipata hitaji (i.e. *t*a*k*o) hulishikilia (i.e. huliambata)

Maskini akipata, hata sehemu ambayo kwa kawaida iko kimya (******) huanza kupiga kelele (mbwata, mbwata) ili mradi umsikie tu. Maskini Hasheem kapata, hata sehemu ya ku decline offer tu na kuendelea atataka kufanya fujo, ili mradi mjue Hasheem naye yupo, sehemu ambayo kwa kawaida haitoi kelele kama ****** atataka ilie mbwata.

Wafaransa wanasema Nouveau Riche, new money, ina matatizo sana.

Wakina Warren Buffet wakienda kununua grocery wanatafuta coupon, wanaendesha gari moja miaka 30, wanaishi katika nyumba za kawaida kabisa. Sie na vi first few millions vyetu kichaa tayari.

Huyo jamaa mbongo wa KPMG kaandika vizuri sana, na kajifunza sana utamaduni wa Wamarekani/ watu wa west. Nafikiri aliandika kabla ya decision ya LeBron James, lakini ameweza ku anticipate kwamba LeBron James hawezi kuongelea paycheck (hata kama ndiyo motivation yake). Tulioangalia na kufuatilia decision ya LeBron James tumeona jinsi gani alivyojiuza kama mtu anayetafuta championship na si hela, na kwa kweli in the short term ni vigumu kumbishia kwa sababu anachukua paycut ili kucheza Miami, lakini anajua jina litakua kubwa kutokana na championship si kutokana na paycheck, na akichukua championships za kutosha automatically paycheck itapanda yenyewe, wakati ambapo akichukua paycheck kubwa bila championship, paycheck ita backfire na ataambiwa yuko overpaid.

Kitu kingine ambacho Hasheem haelewi ni kwamba hizi off court antics zina umuhimu sawa na on court performance. Mchezaji anayelipwa hela nyingi anatakiwa kuwa na discipline, na hizi antics za kupigana kwenye clubs (indiscipline), ku diss makocha wake wa zamani (indiscipline, ungrateful) zinamuharibia, watu wanamtunzia file tu, na zita affect marketability na image yake.Ndiyo maana unaona watu kama kina LeBron hata awe star vipi, utaona ana jenga image ya altruism mara ka donate kwa Boys and Girls , mara ana hook up na University of Phoenix etc tec.Huyu Hasheem angekuwa mtu smart angeweza kupata bonge la image ambayo ingemsaidia hata kwenye ma off court endorsements etc, sasa hivi hata watu wa ma endorsement deals wakimuangalia wanaona ni bonge la risk, siku yoyote anaweza kuwaka, matokeo yake badala ya kuongelea career ya $ 400 m na greatness anabakia kuongelea career ya $ 4 m na uwezekano wa kuwa a one term player au hata akiendelea aendelee kwenye vitimu vya ajabu, tena na huko awe anacheza na bench 90% of the time.

Ukimwambia anakuona hater.Ni kama kasha give up na kaamua kuona vimilioni vichache alivyopata ni vingi.

Labda kama anataka kurudi bongo, lakini Marekani wakivipitia IRS, akiparty kidogo, kinyumba, ki benzi, agents, wapambe etc mara tu anajikuta kama Scottie Pippen.

Back
Top Bottom