MP sheds tears over women's agonies

Geza Ulole

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2009
30th May 10
Daniel Ondigo

Moshi Urban Member of Parliament Philemon Ndesamburo shed tears on Monday as Pasua ward women in Moshi said they often depend on light from cell phones at night when required to buy medicine from outside their clinic premises due to its lack at the health facility.

They said that is a common problem even though the clinic is equipped with a generator and the fact that there are two vans earmarked for patients’ transport.

After hearing the story Ndesamburo was himself seen by The Guardian on Sunday drop tears uncontrollably, a reaction that “infected” many women present there to start shedding tears as well.

The latter complained to their MP that at the clinic medicines were not easily available and that the staff has a bad habit of using bad language when dealing with them.

They also said they sometimes resort to bribing the staff in order to get medical service. “In fact we’ve suffered much from this situation and we ask you to assist our ward councillor Michael Japhari (Chadema) in finding a solution to this problem,” pleaded one of the women.

They said though they suffered for years appeals to authorities to improve Pasua clinic have remained fruitless. Ndesamburo was meeting his supporters, including Chadema elders, in the ward in the ward.

He promised to make a follow-up of the matter and asked his supporters to demand appropriate action from the relevant authorities to find a lasting solution to the problem.

Meanwhile, the MP said they should watch against persons bent on buying their voting cards as the country prepares for the general elections in October.

The MP said: “We’re keen on this and for you to be on the safe side don’t sell your voter cards because you will need them to vote for the political party and candidate of your choice.”

GUARDIAN ON SUNDAY
MP sheds tears over women`s agonies

I am really lost on the message of this post. The writer is so incoherent that I am left wondering what is this article about.

Did the honourable MP shed tears because the women said "......depend on light from cell phones at night when required to buy medicine.." and what has that got to do with the 2 van dedicated for patients' transport??

OR did he shed tears because medicines are not so easily available? or because of the staff's bad habit of using bad language when dealing with patients? or the fact that they have to bribe the staff to get medical service?

on a lighter note, Just thinking aloud..if he is the best candidate in his constituency, and he is the current MP, which to me means he was elected the last time around, ahd these things have been happening under his watch (so to speak), why then worry about people selling their voting cards? If I voted for you the last time, I will surely not be voting for you this time ... if conditions in my area are bad. I will give someone else the opportunity to mess up. so don't you worry if I sell my voter card as it might be the help you need ( get it?)

I am really lost on the message of this post. The writer is so incoherent that I am left wondering what is this article about.

Did the honourable MP shed tears because the women said "......depend on light from cell phones at night when required to buy medicine.." and what has that got to do with the 2 van dedicated for patients' transport??

OR did he shed tears because medicines are not so easily available? or because of the staff's bad habit of using bad language when dealing with patients? or the fact that they have to bribe the staff to get medical service?

on a lighter note, Just thinking aloud..if he is the best candidate in his constituency, and he is the current MP, which to me means he was elected the last time around, ahd these things have been happening under his watch (so to speak), why then worry about people selling their voting cards? If I voted for you the last time, I will surely not be voting for you this time ... if conditions in my area are bad. I will give someone else the opportunity to mess up. so don't you worry if I sell my voter card as it might be the help you need ( get it?)

Mkuu you simply sound one sided! for national issues like this one try to be as objective as possible.

They might have not seen the importance to take the issue to the MP. But now that they have exausted all efforts to get their problems heard and solved without results they have decided to take it to the MP. They could as well be those who strongly believed in CCM that it will solve their problems, and now they are seeking for solutions from elsewhere! And suppose the MP solves it now, what will you say?

This issue of handling Hospitals and dispensaries badly or poorly in our country is not new, Muhimbili, Mwananyamala, Temeke Hospitals etc are just a few minutes from the State house and the Ministry of Health but you have heard of how many complaints todate? What do you suggest about that?

Student, all of what you have mentioned are women's agonies..On the issue concerning the civilians selling their voting cards ndugu mwanafunzi ask your self
first of all;why would a good political party buy the voting cards?selling your voting card is equivalent to selling your freedom,something you seem not to worry about....Chama kinachonunua voting cards kwa mawazo yako ndiyo chama kitakacholeta maendeleo?

Back
Top Bottom