Mother extracted her dead son's sperm so she could raise his future children

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008

Nikolas Colton Evans had talked about how much he wanted to have a child, but the 21-year-old died after he was punched and fell, hitting his head on the ground in a fight. That would have been the end of it, if it weren't for his determined mother, a court order and a urologist.

Missy Evans has harvested her dead son's sperm and hopes to find a surrogate and one day raise her son's child. It's a decision that ethicists say raises troubling questions; one called the potential offspring a "replacement child."

Evans isn't concerned about what others might think. She says she is only doing what her son would have wanted.

Free Email Account, 3GB Storage, Spam and Virus Protection at Mail.com

Personally I think this is her way of dealing with pain a grief. Very sad but if it helps her deal with the loss, who can say no. The bad thing is pointed out in the article (both pages) that the child willhave no father and not know the mother. I've heard of single parent home being difficult on kids but no bio parents at all?

Thoughts?

Nikolas Colton Evans had talked about how much he wanted to have a child, but the 21-year-old died after he was punched and fell, hitting his head on the ground in a fight. That would have been the end of it, if it weren't for his determined mother, a court order and a urologist.

Missy Evans has harvested her dead son's sperm and hopes to find a surrogate and one day raise her son's child. It's a decision that ethicists say raises troubling questions; one called the potential offspring a "replacement child."

Evans isn't concerned about what others might think. She says she is only doing what her son would have wanted.

Free Email Account, 3GB Storage, Spam and Virus Protection at Mail.com

Personally I think this is her way of dealing with pain a grief. Very sad but if it helps her deal with the loss, who can say no. The bad thing is pointed out in the article (both pages) that the child willhave no father and not know the mother. I've heard of single parent home being difficult on kids but no bio parents at all?

Thoughts?

This is a complex issue.

For Missy Evans, the dead son and perhaps nature, it is OK - to reproduce offspring and make their family last as long as it could.

But for the child, if it could be asked 'do you want to be born and raised by a single mom'?, before it is born. If that was possible, there is a possibility it could refuse... so, by getting a surrogate mother for it, I think it is not right.

I can understand the kid won't be able to see its father but why would it not see/know the mother?

And with single vs. both parents home, I think it is more of a sense rather than a fact; a lot of kids from single parent homes do just as great.

This is a complex issue.

And with single vs. both parents home, I think it is more of a sense rather than a fact; a lot of kids from single parent homes do just as great.

Nipo nawe mkuu. That is true.

Hii ilikuwa kwenye head lines jana. Mambo ya THE Bronx hayo.

How to extract sperm from dead body
BY Dorian Block
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 4:00 AM

Related News
Articles
Judge allows dead Bronx man's seed to be harvested
To keep the sperm viable, Johnny Quintana's body was kept in cold storage at the medical examiner's office at Jacobi Medical Center, with an ice pack kept on his testicles.

To harvest the sperm, a urologist surgically removed tissue from his testicles, said Albert Anouna, director of the Sperm and Embryo Bank of New Jersey.

If sperm is found, it is then preserved in nitrogen vapor, kept at -160 degrees Celsius in several vials.

The sperm bank follows a strict legal and ethical code, which was the reason Quintana's family was forced to go to court.

Anouna said the sperm must be intended for one specific recipient who has a proven intimate relationship with the deceased - in this case Quintana's fiancée.

There must also be an expressed desire by the deceased to have wanted children and good health by both prospective parents.

Gonga maandishi meusi hapa chini kwa habari zaidi,

Judge allows wife to harvest dead husband's sperm

Duh, hii technohama sasa inakokwenda sio kwenyewe. Mwisho wataumba watu

Hii ilikuwa kwenye head lines jana. Mambo ya THE Bronx hayo.

How to extract sperm from dead body
BY Dorian Block
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 4:00 AM

Related News
Articles
Judge allows dead Bronx man's seed to be harvested
To keep the sperm viable, Johnny Quintana's body was kept in cold storage at the medical examiner's office at Jacobi Medical Center, with an ice pack kept on his testicles.

To harvest the sperm, a urologist surgically removed tissue from his testicles, said Albert Anouna, director of the Sperm and Embryo Bank of New Jersey.

If sperm is found, it is then preserved in nitrogen vapor, kept at -160 degrees Celsius in several vials.

The sperm bank follows a strict legal and ethical code, which was the reason Quintana's family was forced to go to court.

Anouna said the sperm must be intended for one specific recipient who has a proven intimate relationship with the deceased - in this case Quintana's fiancée.

There must also be an expressed desire by the deceased to have wanted children and good health by both prospective parents.

Gonga maandishi meusi hapa chini kwa habari zaidi,

Judge allows wife to harvest dead husband's sperm

Issue ni kuhifadhi hizo sperm ... kwa mwaka waweza kuambiwa $20,000 kama hauna mfereji wa $$$ utauza kila kitu.

Duh, hii technohama sasa inakokwenda sio kwenyewe. Mwisho wataumba watu
Jamaa wako mbali sana - kama teknolojia itaendelea hivi, miaka mingine 2000 basi watu wataishi either vizuri sana au watajimaliza wenyewe ... kwani kuna madhara ya teknolojia vilevile.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom