More Gold in Tanzania... People remain poor!

I think we poor becouse
  1. we dont have vision (our leaders)
  2. we dont know how to set our priorities I men we dont know what should be done first what shuold follow
  3. Ufisadi
  4. No commitment

Sijui kwa nini sisi ni maskini, hata mie sielewi....(MKULU wa TZ on an interview kuleeeeeee abroad)

Hi Jf members,lets share the little I have in my mind on Why we are Poor?

for me i thing we are poor may be becouse:-
1.We lack attitude
2.we lack the will to follow and teach principles of working of rich and developed societies.

there fore we are in this state becouse:-
1.We want to take advantage over every thing and every one
2.We see some thing done wrong and say-"LET IT BE"

We should have SPIRITED and ATTITUDE

only then we will be able to change our PRESENT STATE

MSEMA UKWELI HAPENDWI DAIMAA:decision:

Nadhani ungetumia kiswahili tungekuelewa zaidi,inagawa nacho kinakupiga chenga.....

Kuna complexity of issues kwenye poverty yetu lkn mie napenda kuchambua kama ifuatavyo.

Kuna sababu kubwa tatu:
1. Umaskini huu ni wa kihistoria kwa maana kwamba kwa sababu tulitawaliwa na watu wa nje basi kuna dhana kwamba wale watawala hawakuwa na nia ya dhati ya kutufanya sisi tuendelee kwa hiyo walituwekea misingi ya kutoweza kufikiri maendeleo kama sisi. Ingawa kuna nchi ziliwahi kutawaliwa pia lkn leo zimeendelea kulik sisi sasa hapa inaletwa na tofauti ya dhamira ya dhati ya viongozi wetu waliokuwepo baada ya uhuru, ukiacha Nyerere wengi hawakuwa na dhamira ya dhati. Wakoloni wameacha misingi ambayo hata baada ya kutuacha bado wana uwezo wa kuwamiliki katika maamuzi.

2. Pili ni fikra na elimu duni ya viongozi ambayo ni effect ya kutawaliwa, hili ni kubwa kabisa kwani ndo limezaa ujinga wa mawazo yetu na viongozi wetu wote. Kupigana na hili linahitaji mabadiliko makubwa ya mfumo na hata vita. Historia inaonyesha bila mabadiliko makubwa kama haya, hakuna nchi inayoweza kupiga hatua hasa hizi changa za kiafrika.

3. Tatu ni secret societies, inaonyesha kuwa kwa muda mrefu nchi hizi zinazoendelea zitaendelea hivyo kwa muda mrefu sana iwapo hakutakuwepo na kiburi cha viongozi kukataa fikra za nchi za nje zinazolenga kujenga kututawala zaidi. Hapa namaanisha society kama free-masons, skull and bones, rothchilds, council of foreign relation etc. Hizi zote zina movement za kuhakikisha kuwa nchi tajiri zinaendelea kutumiliki hata baada ya ukoloni. Hawa ndio waliounda pesa (dollar bill), mabenki makubwa, mashirika makubwa ya fedha na ndio wamiliki wa big corporates zote unazozijua. Lengo lao ni kuendelea kukusanya pesa as much as possible ili baadae ifuate ugawaji wa hizo pesa (redistribution), hii ina maanisha total control of you.

N mwisho umaskini hauwezi kuisha kwani ni sheria ya kihistoria na uhalisia wa maisha, kwamba kutakuwa na maskini na tajiri na haiwezekani tukawa matajiri wote. Lkn kuna firsa za nchi kama tanzania za kupambana na haya angalau tukaibukia pazuri, shida ni viongozi wetu tu ambao wameleleawa na haya yote juu. Viongozi kama Nyerere waliyaona hayo na ndo maana walisisitiza siasa za ujamaa na kujitegemea, lkn viongozi wa sasa wanazungumzia utegemezi zaidi, juzi tu mkulu wetu anajisifia kuagiza tani kibao za sukari nje ya nchi na hali kuna fursa nyingi tu za kuzalisha sukari hapa nchini.

1.We lack attitude
2.we lack the will to follow and teach principles of working of rich and developed societies.

Mara nyingine ni vema tukatumia lugha yetu ya taifa.

Sioni ubaya wake!

hivi vingereza vyenu sijui mnatoka navyo wapi jamani....hata mwanangu blanca anaongea kingereza kizuri kuliko hiki cha mtoa mada....

jamana tumieni kiswahili nadhani mtaeleweka pia........

Hili li inji limeshafilisiwa na siri kali ya kifisadi. Kuikomboa ni Peoples Poweeeeeeeeeeeeeerrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.We lack attitude

we are poor because we are poorly educated in english!

1.We lack attitude

...we are poor because we have chosen to be poor!

1.We lack attitude

We are poor because our President doesn't know why we are poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As massive poverty continues to rock the majority of Tanzanians, the latest data reveal that Tanzania`s wealth in terms of the top five metals out of eleven provable mineral deposits amounting to millions of tonnes.
It is hard to believe it, but that is the reality in a country where 38million plus population lives in abject poverty, below a dollar per day, while 89percent of the total population survive on a single meal per day.

According to a geological survey conducted last year by the ministry of energy and minerals, Tanzania has huge reserves in eleven key minerals which include Gold, Nickel, Tanzanite, Diamonds, Copper, Iron Ore, Coal, Limestone, Soda Ash, Gypsum and Phosphate.

The five key minerals and their provable amounts in brackets is Gold (2,222tones), Nickel (209million tones), Diamonds (Carat 50.9million), Copper (13.65million tones), and Iron ore (103million tones).

However since this was just a geological survey undertaken by experts last year, its actual result is approximated to be accurate by up to 70 percent.

So far, only three types of minerals - gold, diamonds, Tanzanite - are being fully mined by multinational companies which at the end of the day take 97percent, leaving only peanut to the original Tanzanian owners.

If well managed through sound, people-centered mining policies, the mining sector can catapult Tanzanians to the proverbial promised land in decades and generations to come.

Comparing these huge deposits and the actual situation of poverty in the country, the message that comes across one`s mind is that Tanzania is in what experts describe as `resource curse`.

The term `resource curse` refers to the observation that nations with rich endowments of natural resources (oil, metals, timber) often dramatically under-perform economically relative to what one would expect.

Common sense and simple economics suggest that countries blessed with an abundance of natural resources should live long and prosper.
Yet over many years, it has been observed that nations rich in oil, gas, or mineral resources have been disadvantaged in the drive for economic progress.

Why are we poor?

Perhaps the biggest question that begs an urgent answer is; why are we so poor despite having all these huge minerals deposits?

It is a question that policy makers and politicians have been avoiding to seek answers for.

Tanzania like many other African countries is highly blessed with rich natural resources, but its people are swimming in the deep sea of massive poverty.
But the appalling truth is that instead of financing people`s development, Africa's huge mineral resources were used to fund the brutal civil wars that ravaged millions of people during the past four decades.

Today in Africa only a few countries like Botswana, Ghana and South Africa have managed to use their natural resources, especially minerals, to facilitate development and welfare to their people.

This example is vividly manifested in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Sudan and Angola whereby masters of the wars used natural resources to finance their deadly power struggle.

However in Tanzania, there wasn`t any civil war apart from the role played by the founding President, (the late) Dr Julius Nyerere, in liberating Southern African countries during the nationalist struggle.

While it is an undeniable truth that the move to allow the private sector to participate in the mining industry was brilliant one, the truth is that due to poor policies introduced by the third phase government, the whole idea has become a disaster to Tanzanians.

This is well echoed in the lucrative mining industry which has been mainly benefiting multinational companies, while paying the government a small slice of the cake.
Last year, for instance, the Minister for Energy and Minerals, William Ngeleja, told the parliament that during the period between 2001 and 2006, Tanzania produced gold worth $2.6 billion (Tshs3.38 trillion), but the government earned only $78 million.
In simple arithmetic, this is just 3 percent of the total revenues generated from thousands of tonnes of gold produced in the Lake Victoria gold belt. It also shows that the government earned an average of $13 million annually during that period from the multibillion industry whose real investments currently is valued at $2.5 billion.

According to the available statistics from the mining industry, from June 2000 to December 2006, the two biggest gold mines in the country produced a total of 5,686,710 ounces of gold, which at the current gold price of $600 per ounce is valued at Tshs 4.3 trillion ($ 3.3 billion), but what the nation earned is frightening and a shame.

While mineral production has increased in Tanzania in the past few years with export per year estimated to be nearly $900 million (Tshs1.17 trillion), the contribution of the mining sector to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) remains very minimal, accounting to 3 percent.

According to the National Economic Survey report released in 2006, the growth rate of mining and quarrying sector increased from 15.4 percent in 2004 to 15.7 percent in 2005, whereby the increment was attributed to new investments in Tulawaka gold mines in Biharamulo District, Kagera Region.

The report further states that, the contribution of the sector to GDP, which is the total value of goods and services produced in a country during a year, increased from 3.2 percent in 2004 to 3.5 percent in 2007.

Mkuu.
Na sisi tuombe No-fly zone?

Mheshimiwa sisi tuna "amani na utulivu" the most precious metal of all, the most precious thing than food!
Simply, you cant quantify "our amani na utulivu"

Kwa tusivyo makini, some thing is cooking! Unakumbuka ile miripuko ya Ubalozi wa US Dar?
Na walimu tunaoletewa wa Peace Corps?
Tukae tayari!

Ni vyema CCM waanze tu kufanya reforms za maana, waelewe nchi hii si ya CCM....wealth of this country should be shared with all Tanzanians.

Tuangalie Libya, tuangalie Ivory Coast kama tuna macho, na tutafakari kama tuna akili.

Tusubiri uzawa wa viongozi vilaza upotee ( yani mpaka wote wafe ) sasa ndio vijana wasomi watapata nafasi ya kuliokoa taifa.

Kwa sasa vilaza hawana jinsi zaidi ya kufuja mali za nchi.

Source Plsease???.. Naona data
"It is hard to believe it, but that is the reality in a country where 38million plus population lives in abject poverty, below a dollar per day, while 89percent of the total population survive on a single meal per day"
. lina utata!

Great work and contibution from nngo007!
Until today I am still puzzle by the outcome of 2010 elections? How did Kikwete win? Who voted for ccm while ccm contribution in Tanzania is well known. This is incredible to see how ccm is intending to rule other Africans in Tanzania. Its clear ccm want to be removed by force. This is a reality here, ccm have to go before we start discussing solutions in Tanzania.

Indeed, with all that wealth why you are poor? I also don't know. Did you ask yourself why you are poor?

The only answer I can think of, is either you are too lazy or ?

Why is Mbowe, Slaa, Mengi and so on and so forth are not poor? They own millions if not billions.

If you are poor you have only yourself to blame or is it your dad? Who did not accumulate enough wealth for you to inherit like your dear Chairman Mr. Freeman Mbowe?

I wonder why you are poor?

Nazidi kupata hasira tu....wanajilimbikizia mali while majority tunaganga njaa....when i w'l grow up, i will carry a gun and not a pen, tushikishane adabu vizuri coz wamezidi kutuona mazuzu kwenye ardhi yetu wenyewe.

Back
Top Bottom