Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Monthly Report on Dar es Salaam Travel Time March 2010

Discussion in 'Biashara, Uchumi na Ujasiriamali' started by Thomas David, May 4, 2010.

1. T

Thomas David Member

May 4, 2010
  2. M

MJM JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2010
    Thanks for the report but it lacks a lot of information one needs to know, on my side i see it not realistic. Sampling from 0900 to 12.30Hrs isn't realistic time to address transport problems in Dar. At 09.00 most offices and business are already open and those arriving at that time are exceptional cases therefore the big jum is before 09.00 hours. I dont know why selecting that particular time. As we know the problem is during the morning for those travelling towards city centre and after 16.00 Hours when moving from town. In city centre around noon the situation is worse.

Recheck the parcentages for budget contributions between Tz and Donors instead of 85% and 25% presented. Also reports like this will be interesting if actual amount spent on roads are presented instead of budgets as those are just projections.

The report should go further giving us recommendations to alleviate transport problems instead of just identifying problems. Any way may be those were what the presenter was looking for according to his/her information needs.

3. T

Thomas David Member

May 4, 2010
    According to the report, the data (time) when traffic is high, both morning and rush hour have also been recorded.See the graphs.The data (time) between 0900-1230 was to establish the normal traffic flow and it does not reflect the rush hour or morning jam before 0900hrs.