Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Money Can't Buy Happiness

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by MziziMkavu, Feb 11, 2010.

1. MziziMkavu

MziziMkavu JF-Expert Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Money Can't Buy Happiness, So Man Gives Away Every Penny of His £3 Million Fortune

By Alex in Money & Finance on Feb 10, 2010 at 2:05 am

[​IMG]Karl Rabeder grew up poor and thought that life would be wonderful if he had money. But when he got rich, Karl discovered that he was unhappy … so he decided to give away every penny of his £3 million fortune:
    "My idea is to have nothing left. Absolutely nothing," he told The Daily Telegraph. "Money is counterproductive – it prevents happiness to come."
    Instead, he will move out of his luxury Alpine retreat into a small wooden hut in the mountains or a simple bedsit in Innsbruck.
    His entire proceeds are going to charities he set up in Central and Latin America, but he will not even take a salary from these.
    "For a long time I believed that more wealth and luxury automatically meant more happiness," he said. "I come from a very poor family where the rules were to work more to achieve more material things, and I applied this for many years," said Mr Rabeder.
    But over time, he had another, conflicting feeling.
    "More and more I heard the words: ‘Stop what you are doing now – all this luxury and consumerism – and start your real life’," he said. "I had the feeling I was working as a slave for things that I did not wish for or need. I have the feeling that there are lot of people doing the same thing."
    What do you think? Is he doing the right thing or is this just a crazy idea of a rich man? Link

http://neatorama.cachefly.net/money-happiness.htm

2. K

Keynez JF-Expert Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Like William Wallace once said, "all men die, but not all men really live".

3. Ngambo Ngali

Ngambo Ngali JF-Expert Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Foolish of him, though Money cant buy happiness but at least it could make him choose the kind of misery he wants

4. Nyaralego

Nyaralego JF-Expert Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I should have been one of his charities hey!! I know where to buy happiness when the money is available. He should have talked to me.

5. Kimbweka

Kimbweka JF-Expert Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I wish I could have all his money in my pockets! there happines follows.....

6. Smatta

Smatta JF-Expert Member

Feb 11, 2010
    ohh the things we do for money, and someone can just give out his fortune so easily. I surely define happiness differently from mr. Carl, coz to me the more the merrier.

7. bona

bona JF-Expert Member

Feb 17, 2010
    it depends, but in africa, surely, money can buy you happiness, there is nothing you wont have with money down here! the best idea would be to move to poor country and see how happy he could be with his money!

8. a

alfie1990 Member

Feb 17, 2010
  9. M

Marigwe JF-Expert Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Money cant buy love as well