Mkenya awafagilia makocha Wazalendo

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Kimanzi slams foreign coaches
BBC Sports

Kenya coach Francis Kimanzi believes that his current success adds weight to the argument that foreign coaches do not help African football.

The Harambee Stars are top of Group 2 in the 2010 World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, and are very likely to progress to the second group phase.

"The problem with African football federations is that they have a vision to bring someone from abroad, but they need an overall vision for the team," Kimanzi told BBC Sport.

"Kenya are succeeding, and our team is dominated by local players. Look at Angola, their coach just resigned, but he took them to the World Cup."

"Nigeria have won five games and conceded no goals with a local coach.

"And look at Egypt, they won the Nations Cup with a local coach and local players - it's the way forward."

Oliveira Goncalves resigned as Angola coach, but he took the team to the 2006 World Cup finals.

Kimanzi feels that the mindset of two of Kenya's chief rivals is not helping them to achieve.

Uganda have also been working with foreign coaches, but they don't get anywhere

Francis Kimanzi
"Tanzania believe that they need someone from abroad to succeed, but in the past five years they've seen nothing - they're already out of the qualifiers, it's unbelievable," he said.

"Uganda have also been working with foreign coaches, but they don't get anywhere."

However, there is a likelihood that Kenya will end up with a foreign coach, as Prime Minister Raila Odinga has said that a German coach might be hired.

Kimanzi says he is prepared for the eventuality.

"I'm still very young, if Kenya wants to hire a foreign coach tomorrow, let them do that, I'd want to compare notes with someone who comes in," he said.

Huyu bwana ameongea safi sana ijapo hatima yake ishajulikana...na
hapo ndipo Kenya itakapokosea( I stand to be corrected though).
I wish them all the best in the qualifiers maana kuna hio sakata na
Guinea kule Conakry.