Mkapa appointed to UNCTAD eminent persons panel

nngu007

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2010
May 30, 8:31 pm

Benjamin-Mkapa.jpg

Former President Benjamin Mkapa

Former President Benjamin Mkapa has been appointed member of the newly formed group of Eminent Persons that will review new global economic governance and its implications for Developing countries in a post-crisis era.

The 10-member panel appointed by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Secretary General, Dr Supachai Panitchpakdi, is compiling a report on the matter which is expected to come out in early next year.

The former president left
Dar es Salaam on Monday for Geneva to join other members of the panel in a two-day meeting that begins on Tuesday, according to a statement issued by his (Mkapa’s) office on Monday. He is expected back home on Friday.

Other members of the panel include President Tarja Kaarina Halonen of Finland, former presidents Thabo Mbeki of South Africa and Joaquim Chissano of Mozambique and Prof Jagdish Bhagwati of Columbia University.

Also members are the First Lady of the Dominican Republic, Ms Margarita Cedeno De Fernandez, former UN Deputy Secretary-General and former UK Minister for Africa, Lord Malloch-Brown.

Others are Secretary-General of the Centre for the Study of the G20, Mr Yongtu Long of China, creator of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, Dr Mo Ibrahim of Sudan and the Indonesian Minister for Trade, Ms Mari Elka Pangestu.

Source: Tanzania Daily News

... legacy ya wengine itabaki kwenye confines za mihadhara na ISLUMIZATION (note the use of 'u' and not 'a') of Tanzania.

At least he is the one qualifying among the corrupt predatory African politicians! Go Nkapa, go and represent.

Congrats Mr Mkapa, i have always been in faith with you, regardless of some mistakes during your presidency.

hii inatoa funzo kwa waliopo madarakani. nadhani wafanye bidii zaidi kujenga uchumi na wasiishie kwenye kupewa u "dokta" na cheap politics

Well done, i like president mkapa (1995-2005). If the constitution could allow us you could contest for presidential post of 2010. I wish you all the best in whatever you do in your new posts.

You are capable Mr. Mkapa, but you will forever ever be remembered as a National Traitor for dishing out the mineral rights to mzungus.

Mikutano bila kuandika, uzoefu uko wapi?
Wasikupake mafuta kwa mgongo wa chupa, watanzania ni wanafiki.
M-Bank, Deep Green. Tangold, Meremeta, AnBen, Tan-Power, thieving public property kiaina (ref. KIA, NBC, Simu 2000, the list is endless) is the legacy of yours that will last haunting you, my dear brother.

Huyu bwana ni mtendaji, nadhani ndio maana baba wa taifa alimpigia debe sana, kampeni zake za uraisi! viongozi wachafu wa chama chake ndio wamemchafua na kumfunza ufisadi. kwangu Mkapa stil the BEST!

mchukie/mpende,lakini ukweli ni kwamba ndiye Rais bora kabisa aliyewahi kuiongoza Tanzania

Back
Top Bottom