Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

MJ's one year anniversary

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by BAK, Jun 25, 2010.

1. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Jun 25, 2010
  2. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Mariah Carey on 1-Year Anniversary of MJ's Death: "We Miss You"

[​IMG]
    Credit: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com; Pool Photographer/WireImage.com

Friday – June 25, 2010 – 3:42pm
    Comments (0) »

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About a year ago, Mariah Carey sang a touching rendition of "I'll Be There" at the Los Angeles memorial for Michael Jackson.

On Friday -- the one-year anniversary of Jackson's death at age 50 -- Carey remembered her friend on Twitter.
    COMPLETE MICHAEL JACKSON COVERAGE: One year after his death
    "Watching 'You are not alone'..Love and Prayers to MJ 'King of Pop.' You will be remembered forever. We miss you," she wrote.

Carey performed with Jackson in concert several times, and said she was "heartbroken" after hearing he'd died. After singing at his memorial, she Twittered, "I could barely keep myself from crying."
    PHOTOS: Michael and his kids

Dancer Cheryl Burke told UsMagazine.com at the Roll Your Way Into A Sweat Free Summer With Revolutionary New DeoDry event that she's still affected by Jackson's death.

"This time last year I was in New York at this time... and I was driving in a taxi down the streets and hearing all Michael Jackson music. I knew that something tragic must have happened to him," she recalled. "It's really sad because for dancers like me, I have always looked up to me and he was and still is my idol. He is really amazing and he is surely missed."
    VIDEO: The shocking Pepsi commercial

Diddy made a montage of the King of Pop's music on his Web site.
    Jackson's three children, Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and Blanket, 8, spent the one-year anniversary of their father's death vacationing with their grandmother (and legal guardian), Katherine Jackson, in Hawaii.

"A year has gone by but it is still just as emotional. It's very hard sometimes," Katherine recently told Britain's The Sun. "I am happy that people are celebrating the anniversary because I know the world is missing and remembering him. But every day is a struggle – I miss him immensely."

3. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Jun 27, 2010
    [​IMG]
    We Miss You

The Jackson Family visit Micheal Jackson grave on the 1st Anniversary of his death at Forest Lawn Memorial Park at Glendale, California

4. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Jun 27, 2010
    [​IMG]
    The King of Pop

ESSENCE hit the streets of New York City to ask people what they miss most about Michael Jackson. Some shared their favorite MJ song and others simply reflected on their favorite memory of the King of Pop.

[​IMG]
    Thea Adell

“Today is my birthday. I feel that wonderful people come into the world on June 25 and wonderful people leave the world on June 25. My favorite MJ song is ‘Remember the Time.’ I loved that video!”

[​IMG]
    David Morgan

“I am glad that he is getting the props that he deserved. My favorite Michael Jackson song is ’Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough.’ I just have to dance until I can’t get enough.”

[​IMG]
    Edwyne Bonner

“My favorite Michael Jackson song is ‘Ben’ because I felt like it was straight from his heart. When I hear it I feel it inside and out. I really think that song meant a lot to him”
    [​IMG]
    Shawna Jones

“‘You Are Not Alone,’ I love that song because that song came out in a time of my life when I lost my father. I will always hold that song close to me.”

[​IMG]
    Marie Francoise

“When I was six years old, I remember seeing the ‘Thriller’ video for the first time. Whenever one of his songs comes on, it just pulls on my heart string.”

[​IMG]
    Ndey Touray

“I love ‘Thriller’ even though to this day it still scares me!”

[​IMG]
    Ariel
    “The ‘HIStory’ album is by far my favorite. I love the song ‘Beat It,’ too.”

[​IMG]
    Nicole Wilkinson

“‘PTY’ is my favorite song. I do not know why, but I can just jam to it over and over again with no problem. I just love it!”

[​IMG]
    Eyana Carballo

“‘Beat It!’ I like the beat and the tune. I like the way that you can get down in the morning or in the afternoon. It is a fun pick-me-up song.”
    [​IMG]
    Mary Hillan

“‘Man In the Mirror’ because there is so much truth in it. When you listen to the words, it tells you to look at yourself. Other than that, anything else Michael Jackson made I loved.”

[​IMG]
    Pearl Ighoyivwi

“My favorite song is ‘Thriller,’ it is the video that I love. The song gave me goosebumps when I was young. It is a classic. It is timeless.”

[​IMG]
    Ann Pollydore

“I loved ‘Black and White,’ there is a lot of truth in the song. My daughters used to be crazy about Michael Jackson. They always said, “Mommy, I want my hair like Michael. It is nice that my kids grew up with Michael Jackson.”

[​IMG]
    Makeup Artist

“I love ‘Beat It’ because I knew all the moves. And, ‘Thriller’ because I loved the makeup, and it’s theatrical. All that hair and the dancing was fantastic. I remember very vividly performing the ‘Thriller’ video at my high school.”

[​IMG]
    Working Day and Night

“MJ’s work ethic has inspired me the most. Even though he was hands down the best — his music, dancing, singing, songwriting — he was always striving to be better, striving to be the best, and pushing to take it to the next level.”—Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas

[​IMG]
    Can You Feel It?

“It’s hard to pick a favorite MJ song. But I would say that ‘Billie Jean’ is one of my favorites. Lyrically how do you make a topic so deep sound so infectious? Only him. That song wows me every time I hear it. He is the force of nature to show us what innovation and fearlessness looks like!” —Alicia Keys

[​IMG]
    Butterflies

“Michael Jackson’s precision and professionalism were second to none. I’ve directly encountered him, and he gave 100 percent in anything he was involved in. To apply in life the joy he got out of pleasing others is something I will always have to thank him for.” —Marsha Ambrosius

[​IMG]
    Speechless

“While I think ‘Human Nature,’ is the greatest song ever recorded, it’s hard for me to summarize a lifetime of inspiration. MJ has been the single biggest influence on my music. The poise and drive he had at 50 years old was out of this world.”—Lloyd
    [​IMG]
    Time Explosion

“Michael Jackson’s music transcends time. It continues to inspire people of all ages. The fact that my child who is four knows Michael and his work shows the true impact of his life. The greatest lesson he taught was the one of balance. Fame comes with a cost. The industry that builds you up can be the very thing to tear you down.” —Raheem Devaughn

[​IMG]
    Human Nature

“MJ treated everyone kind, and just loved people. He would hug and kiss the babies, sign autographs, or just stood there and waved just so you could take a picture. That is what made his celebrity fresh.”—Michelle Williams
    [​IMG]
    Thriller

“It’s hard to pick my favorite MJ video because, but ‘Thriller’ obviously should go down in history as the best video of all time! I remember it being the first video premiering on prime time tv, and me begging my mom to watch — amazing!” —Kandi Burruss

[​IMG]
    P.Y.T

“Micheal Jackson has been an influence so much to why I love the stage. I remember particularly a performance of his song, ‘Dirty Diana.’ I was in the nosebleeds section, but I felt so much a part of his whole show. That has never happened since, never happened before that, and don’t think it will ever happen again.” —Keri Hilson

[​IMG]
    Superstar

“I grew up listening to him and watching him, and he’s the definition of what it is to be a pop star. Everyone who has come after him has not lived up to that yet.” —John Legend

5. PakaJimmy

PakaJimmy JF-Expert Member

Jun 27, 2010
    His record has no one to knock it out!

6. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Jun 27, 2010
    That is very true PJ. He was genius when it comes to Music.

7. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Jun 28, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Dreams Come True

“I would not be the artist, performer, and philanthropist I am today without the influence of Michael. I have great admiration and respect for him and I’m so thankful I had the opportunity to meet and perform with such a great entertainer, who in so many ways, transcended the culture… His legacy is unparalleled.” —Usher Raymond

[​IMG]
    Off the Wall

“I’m such a huge fan, and always have been. I’m inspired by his passion for being such a great entertainer. We can all take a page out of his book, he was an awesome man.” —Leela James

[​IMG]
    King of Pop

“Micheal Jackson is the blueprint for what happens when you truly value your gift as a performer… I will forever be inspired by Micheal’s music and more than that, his passion for the art!” —Mario

[​IMG]
    Blood on the Dance Floor

“The energy of Michael Jackson will live forever through the thing that he put all of his life energy into, his music. I will do my part to keep the melody alive, to keep the energy forever changing form, but never ever dying! Long live Michael Jackson.” —Ne-Yo