Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Mitt Romney: I was 'completely wrong'

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by EMT, Oct 5, 2012.

1. EMT

EMT JF-Expert Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said his remark that 47% of Americans are government dependent victims was "completely wrong". He told Fox News he was committed to "helping the 100%". His comments, secretly filmed at a fundraiser in September, were possibly his most damaging campaign moment.

Polls suggest he is back on track after a debate with President Barack Obama this week. Mr Obama has urged him to reveal the true cost of his policies. Observers say the president is seeking to portray his rival as dishonest about how middle class families will be taxed, while Mr Romney wants to distance himself from his earlier gaffe. After the video emerged from the private donors dinner in September, Mr Romney said his remarks were "inelegantly stated" but did not retract them.

"Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you are going to say something that doesn't come out right," Mr Romney said.

"In this case I said something that's just completely wrong. I absolutely believe, however, that my life has shown that I care about 100%... When I become president, it will be about helping the 100%."

BBC News - Mitt Romney admits 47% remark was 'completely wrong'
  2. Nyani Ngabu

Nyani Ngabu Platinum Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Its ok. We all make mistakes. I am definitely feeling the Mitt 'mo'
  3. MaxShimba

MaxShimba JF-Expert Member

Oct 5, 2012

Who is "we"? GOP?
  4. F

FJM JF-Expert Member

Oct 5, 2012

He meant every word that came out of his mouth.