Misumari 13 Kati ya 24 Yatolewa Mwilini Mwa Housegirl!

Buchanan

JF-Expert Member
May 19, 2009
Nails removed from 'tortured' Sri Lankan maid

Ms Ariyawathie was deeply traumatised, doctors said
Doctors have removed 13 nails and five needles from a Sri Lankan housemaid who said her employer in Saudi Arabia hammered them into her body.

LP Ariyawathie, 49, told staff at Kamburupitiya Hospital her employer inflicted the injuries as a punishment.

X-rays showed that there were 24 nails and needles in her body. Doctors said those remaining inside her body posed no immediate threat to her life.

The nails were up to 2in (5cm) long, a hospital official said.

"The surgery is successful and she is recovering now," Dr Satharasinghe said, according to news agency Associated Press.

Ms Ariyawathie, a mother of three, underwent a three-hour procedure.

Doctors said they would carry out further surgery later to remove the remaining nails.

'Deeply traumatised'

Ms Ariyawathie travelled to Saudi Arabia in March to become a housemaid.

Doctors say this X-ray shows nails embedded in the housemaid's hand
Last week, she flew back to Sri Lanka and was admitted to hospital in the south of the island, where she told doctors she had undergone abuse for more than a month.

The doctors found 24 metal pieces in her legs and hands.

She could not sit down or walk properly, doctors said.

They said Ms Ariyawathie was deeply traumatised and unable to give full details of her experience.

Meanwhile, Sri Lankan authorities have launched an investigation.

"We have launched a strong protest with the Saudi government through the external affairs minister, but there has been no response yet," Kingsley Ranawaka, chairman of Bureau for Foreign Employment, told the BBC.

Around 1.8 million Sri Lankans are employed abroad, 70% of whom are women.

Most work as housemaids in the Middle East, while smaller numbers work in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Source: BBC.

Eti Mahakama ya Riyadh, Saud Arabia, imemkuta hana hatia mtu aliyemchoma misumari huyo "Housegirl," lakini akalipwa $670. Kwa habari zaidi soma hapa. Hao ndio Waarabu bwana!

Angalia huyu housegirl naye alivyounguzwa moto huko Saud Arabia!
_39478261_kusm.jpg

Kusuma says a Saudi employer burned her with an iron and hot knife

Story ya Kusuma ni kama ifuatavyo:

What makes Kusuma cry is not the memory of repeated assaults but the look on her children's faces when they saw her in hospital.
"After three months, I asked Madam for my salary and she started to beat me with iron bars and wooden sticks," the maid explains of her time in Saudi Arabia.

"Sometimes she would take a hot iron and burn me or heat up a knife and put it on my body."

Kusuma is still trying to understand why her employer treated her this way when she had not done anything wrong.

Kusuma says that one day her employer just tired of her. The employer said they were going to the police station and that Kusuma would be arrested.

Instead she just put her on a plane back to Sri Lanka, knowing she would never be prosecuted for torturing her.

Blacklisting

Sri Lankan Minister of Labour Mahinda Samarasinghe assures maids that the government "has been taking these issues up with the relevant authorities and they have been in the main responding positively".

However, labour activists say it is essential Sri Lanka operates a blacklisting system for rogue employers.

The minister says that will depend on the co-operation of the Saudi authorities, who have not yet agreed.

A recent survey by Colombo University found a quarter of Sri Lankan maids had suffered problems such as abuse or lack of payment while abroad.

When I went to his bedroom he closed the door and removed my clothes and his. When I tried to resist he threatened to kill me
Soma, Sri Lankan maid
The Bureau of Foreign Employment runs a counter at Colombo airport to help returning maids with problems.

It says on average 50 a day come back in distress.

Lebanon does operate a blacklist system for bad employers, but that did not help 41-year-old Soma, who recalls repeated rapes by the 18-year-old son of her female employer.

"When I went to his bedroom he closed the door and removed my clothes and his. When I tried to resist he threatened to kill me," she says.

Soma says she begged him to spare her on the grounds that she had a son his age.

"Another day, his four friends came to the house. When I took tea to the room they closed the door and kept me on their laps and started to touch my body and abuse me," she says in tears. All the men then raped her.

There was little comfort from Soma's employer, who seemed to think she had employed a prostitute for her son rather than a cleaner for her house.

"I complained to his mother and she just said, 'I will give you pills to make sure you don't get pregnant' and she beat me."

Soma eventually escaped from the flat and walked for four hours until she met by chance a Sri Lankan couple who took her home, fed her and took her to the embassy.

Although the rapes were reported to the embassy and police, Soma was just put on a plane home. Nothing happened to her rapists.

Training efforts

"We are not in a position to say, 'Look here, ensure that all of these things are in place otherwise we will not send our people'," says Minister Samarasinghe about the need for better insurance and health cover if something does go wrong.

Maids arriving back in Colombo airport - 50 a day are in distress
Migrant workers make up the largest net foreign exchange earner for Sri Lanka and the country has a huge unemployment problem, so it often cannot dictate terms to richer nations.

Training the maids about what to expect is a key issue.

"If a person is trained at the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment, I don't see that person will have a problem," says Shoaib Abdeen, who runs the Mount Lavinia school for maids.

The government says all women going to Arabic countries have to take basic language courses and learn cooking.

Those going to the more lucrative markets of Singapore, Hong Kong and Cyprus get extra classes like map reading.

The maids are advised not to run away from their employer if they encounter problems but maintain a positive attitude.

Given the high failure rate of women workers overseas, it might be better to teach an escape plan should the need arise.

Ma-"housegirl" 19,000 wenye asili ya Indonesia, Sri Lanka na Philipines wamekimbia toka Saud Arabia kwa sababu ya mateso yasiyovumilika waliyoyapata mwaka jana!

Ndiyo jamii ya akina Rostam Aziz hawana haya wana roho mbaya kuwadhulumu wenzao na watu wasio asili yao. RA siyo wa kwetu huyu. Angalia wanavyojitoa mhanga kweli utasema hawa ni binadamu ?

Eti Mahakama ya Riyadh, Saud Arabia, imemkuta hana hatia mtu aliyemchoma misumari huyo "Housegirl," lakini akalipwa $670. Kwa habari zaidi soma hapa. Hao ndio Waarabu bwana!

Hawa wenzetu unajua wana roho nzuri mno hadi huwa wanajikuta wamefanya mambo yaliyo nje ya uwezo wao pasipo wao kujua. Aisee kuna watu wana roho nzuri duniani, inashangaza sana!

Ma-"housegirl" 19,000 wenye asili ya Indonesia, Sri Lanka na Philipines wamekimbia toka Saud Arabia kwa sababu ya mateso yasiyovumilika waliyoyapata mwaka jana!

Aisee! Mimi nadhani ni madhara(effects) ya dini. Imewaharibu sana mpaka wanakaribia kuwa wanyama. Siwashangai Wasomali

:A S-cry::A S-cry::A S-cry: inauzunisha sana hao watu ni makatili hawafai katika jamii

Buchanan, mbona taarifa hiyo ni ya raia mwanamke wa Indonesia, wakati aliyechomwa misumari anatoak Sri Lanka? Hata hivyo, taarifa zote mbili ni sahihi ki-matukio nchi za Arabuni. Pia nchi nyingine za kiarabu matendo ya ukatili kwa wafanyakazi wa ndani hufanyika. Hawa wanaojulikana mara nyingi ni wale wanaodanganya waajiri wao na kusema wanakwenda likizo, msibani nk - ukisema unakwenda kutafuta haki huondoki ukiwa hai!.

Lakin hata Ulaya, Marekani na kwingineko mambo haya hufanyika - bali ni nadra hivyo hatuyajui yote.

Aisee! Mimi nadhani ni madhara(effects) ya dini. Imewaharibu sana mpaka wanakaribia kuwa wanyama. Siwashangai Wasomali

Si dini si chochote roho mbaya tu. Yule bwana wa Texas aliyemburuta mtu kwenye pickup mpaka akafa ni dini yake au roho yake tumbaya ndiyo ilisababisha? Je yule aliyemuua daktari wa magonjwa ya wanawake nadhani huko Tennessee ni roho mbaya au vipi.

Back
Top Bottom