Minister’s firm sold Turkana oil block for Sh800m!

Askari Kanzu

JF-Expert Member
Jan 7, 2011
Hon. Moses Masika Wetangula slices the cake!

By JAINDI KISERO jkisero@ke.nationmedia.com

A company associated with a Cabinet minister sold the block, where oil was found in Turkana, for a fortune.

In 2010, Turkana Drilling Company, associated with the Cabinet minister who was affected in Monday’s reshuffle, sold Block 10BB for $10 million (Sh840 million) to Africa Oil.

Turkana Drilling’s case is just an example of how small firms might be using influence in government to make hundreds of millions of shillings by trading in oil prospecting licences.

The whole business of acquiring blocks has been invaded by influence peddlers and well-connected middlemen, including Cabinet ministers.

More sensational is the manner in which licence holders have been making millions of shillings selling the licences to third parties.

Full story (plus interesting comments from readers)

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually dont respond to threads started by Askari Kanzu but let me point out something! What a desperate attempt to create a scandal out of nothing. The vile Askari Kanzu is at the forefront as usual! Your heading is misleading and the article does not reflect what really took place!

• The minister in question is Moses Wetangula and he resigned from the law firm in question in 1983 and is no longer associated with it in any way shape or form!

• The law firm DID NOT SELL JUST SELL THE LAND, BUT BOUGHT IT AND WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE LAW FLIPPED IT.

ASKARI KANZU, TELL US WHAT LAW WAS BROKEN AS IT SOUNDS YOU ARE A PROLIFIC SCHOLAR OF KENYAN LAW!

I usually dont respond to threads started by Askari Kanzu but let me point out something! What a desperate attempt to create a scandal out of nothing. The vile Askari Kanzu is at the forefront as usual! 1. Your heading is misleading and the article does not reflect what really took place!

• The minister in question is Moses Wetangula and he resigned from the law firm in question in 1983 and is no longer associated with it in any way shape or form!

• The law firm DID NOT SELL JUST SELL THE LAND, BUT BOUGHT IT AND WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE LAW FLIPPED IT.

ASKARI KANZU, TELL US 2. WHAT LAW WAS BROKEN AS IT SOUNDS YOU ARE A PROLIFIC SCHOLAR OF KENYAN LAW!
What are you up to?

1. "Your heading is misleading" (Minister's firm sold Turkana oil block for Sh800m)
That heading is from a kenyan newspaper

2."TELL US WHAT LAW WAS BROKEN"
Nowhere have I claimed that Wetangula broke any law

NB: Your fellow kenyans who have commented on that article are much more intelligent than you are.

Next time I won't respond to your mumbo jumbo!

Hon. Moses Masika Wetangula slices the cake!

By JAINDI KISERO jkisero@ke.nationmedia.com

A company associated with a Cabinet minister sold the block, where oil was found in Turkana, for a fortune.

In 2010, Turkana Drilling Company, associated with the Cabinet minister who was affected in Monday’s reshuffle, sold Block 10BB for $10 million (Sh840 million) to Africa Oil.

Turkana Drilling’s case is just an example of how small firms might be using influence in government to make hundreds of millions of shillings by trading in oil prospecting licences.

The whole business of acquiring blocks has been invaded by influence peddlers and well-connected middlemen, including Cabinet ministers.

More sensational is the manner in which licence holders have been making millions of shillings selling the licences to third parties.

Full story (plus interesting comments from readers)

Waswahili tuna kamsemo ketu "Nchi itajengwa wazalendo na kuliwa na wenye MENO!!!"
I don't get it when some online warriors come here to defend these shameful acts.....:thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: FJM
I was wondering why AK hadn't had anything to say...he was busy scouring the net looking for something negative to report :lol: my guy you're a funny one....

What kind of human being spends his time peering into his neighbour's backyard to check if the neighbour has fed his dogs when his own children are going to bed on an empty stomach? Something's seriously wrong with some of you lot!

Back
Top Bottom