Ministerial Positions? - A Tactical Assault on Chadema

Chadema will have to learn to think from a military strategic, they will have to answer one of the oldest military war questions - how does a small army defeat a well equipped, trained and financed army?
Chadema must fight a guerrilla warfare and so far they are pathetic................................I disagree with you on ministerial enticements.................By refusing to take NEC to court Chadema lost the initiative......................JK now holds the political leverage and the sway..................the only way you can refuse to recognize a sworn president is by taking him to court challenging his election as was an outcome of fraud................you do not exploit constitutional shrubbery as a scapegoat from discharging your onus..........

JK will name his cabinet today and most of familiar faces will be back because JK is a prisoner of vested interests in his party.......................he is increasingly looking politically a spent force........and irrelevant to define the future of our nation...............JK is also more vulnerable to internal CCM wranglings than to what Chadema will or may offer............as a political force to reckon with.........................Jk will endear himself to assuage belligerent members of his party than worrying about CHADEMA WHO SEEMS DEVOID OF CREATIVE IDEAS AND THE AUDACITY TO LEAD THIS NATION.............to the Promised Land......

hata mimi nilihisi hii move ya kumpatia zitto uwaziri ili watuvuruge ini nation"s interests. very well researched piece of advice

This piece scares me most!

Talking from CCM point of view, I beg top differ. In a series of extraordinary events, I don’t think JK will appoint any Chadema MP to serve under his political coup Government. Strategically this may cause more trouble within the party itself 'cause the're many CCM MPs waiting in line to be appointed than positions to be filled, as a fact some have taken rather astonishing steps in securing their position through witchcraft.

Kwa wachumia tumbo, such move by CCM to include Chadema or CUF MPs in the ministerial cabinet will definitely weaken CCM and expect many MPs to makes their move during Parliament session. Another right-wing factional will be formed indirectly and may support Opposition by joining and others will support Chadema initiating a series of maneuvers behind the backs of the caucus and the party to affect leadership challenge.

Within no time Wapambanaji wapya will be in full swing issuing defiant statements that they have been elected by the people, not by a factional Mtandao..Once JK lose their confidence and their support will be withdrawn, his opinion poll rating and that of the CCM party, will fall accordingly....This time CCM won't survive.

- Again To understand Watu na Mazingira. CCM leadership has ceased to be a mass political party in any meaningful sense. Most challenges are not decided by President for the people or nation interest but by a tiny handful of known factional bosses and financial elites who don’t give a damn about CCM survival rather their interests.

Well, I can't wait..

Mkandara,

Even though I agree with you, lakini kuna move moja najaribu kuielewa kutoka kwa Mkwere na ni ngumu kueleweka. Basically, huyu bwana anaweza kwa kiwango kikubwa sana kuuleta UGorbachov na msijeshangaa kusikia mgongano ulioko ndani ya CCM ukakipasua chama kabisa huku yeye kwa tabasamu akinawa mikono na kuwaachia vijana kina January Makamba kukiunda upya CCM na watakuja na moto wa kasi kushangaza.

Jiulizeni aliwezaje kuwalainisha na kuwazidi akili kina Salmin na kuleta muafaka Zanzibar!

This piece scares me most!

Talking from CCM point of view, I beg top differ. In a series of extraordinary events, I don't think JK will appoint any Chadema MP to serve under his political coup Government. Strategically this may cause more trouble within the party itself 'cause the're many CCM MPs waiting in line to be appointed than positions to be filled, as a fact some have taken rather astonishing steps in securing their position through witchcraft.

Kwa wachumia tumbo, such move by CCM to include Chadema or CUF MPs in the ministerial cabinet will definitely weaken CCM and expect many MPs to makes their move during Parliament session. Another right-wing factional will be formed indirectly and may support Opposition by joining and others will support Chadema initiating a series of maneuvers behind the backs of the caucus and the party to affect leadership challenge.

Within no time Wapambanaji wapya will be in full swing issuing defiant statements that they have been elected by the people, not by a factional Mtandao..Once JK lose their confidence and their support will be withdrawn, his opinion poll rating and that of the CCM party, will fall accordingly....This time CCM won't survive.

- Again To understand Watu na Mazingira. CCM leadership has ceased to be a mass political party in any meaningful sense. Most challenges are not decided by President for the people or nation interest but by a tiny handful of known factional bosses and financial elites who don't give a damn about CCM survival rather their interests.

Well, I can't wait..

I agree with you here,i suppose even MM amesahau kuwa hata kwa nchi zenye majeshi makubwa na yenye nguvu kama US,UK,France etc..,military stratergies hazifanywi na Captains na lieutenants.Zinafanywa na best statisticians,political analysts,economists and Mathematicians.People who understand the RULES of the GAME and how individuals reacts to GAMES.these are very smart individuals
These group of individuals huwa wanashare caliber moja,they are usually so good they can not work for the military forever,hence wanakuwa hired on contractual basis.
Pale kwenye military huwa kunakuwa na a bunch of mediocre who has partial knowledges on subject matters but are rather good in implementing the strategies.These are usually the captains,generals etc.That being said i would rather see CHADEMA have the former group than the later.Since not everyone understands GAME THEORY and its applications.

Nilishawahi kuongea hapa kabla hata ya uchaguzi wala kampeni kuanza. Zitto ni mzigo mzito chadema. Kama hawatautua sasa itakuwa gharama sana kuutua hapo baadae. Haubebeki,ni kikwazo. Lakini Zitto mwisho wake unakaribia.

mkuu Mwanakijiji,well researched analysis.Naamini Zitto atatajwa kwenye baraza na he will jump the ship! kwakuwa kijana maamuzi yake mengi ni ya utatanishi sana.

I bet CCM will do exactly wat u predict.
They will apoint some chadema MPs (including Zitto) and suddenly, chadema leaders will be in dilemma whether to accept the post or not.
Some will oppose and some will propose. That will be the first and very big fragment to chadema.
We will have two chademas.
And finaly ccm will going to have a steep slope to 2015 larry.
This is the advantage of having ex military officers.

Kama ni kweli anataka kuua upinzani na kama anataka kujikosha kwa public basi atafanya hivyo ila inajulikana wazi kuwa CUF watakuwa wengi na kwa upande wa CHADEMA wanajulikana wenye chances

Yes he may do that! lakini kwa katiba ipi? imeandikwa wapi? kosa au tatizo halitakuwa kwa JK, maana lengo lake litakuwa ni "tactical assault" inabidi kujenga katiba itakayoweza kujenga serikali ya mseto na si kutoa uwaziri kwa vyama vya upinzani kama zawadi. Kosa litakuwa kwa wale watakaokubali..

I hope kitakuwa kipimo kingine kwa chadema na baadhi ya vyama vya upinzani, kama na kama tu atafanya hivyo.

On the other hand.. what happens if CUF are offered a ministerial position and Chadema are not? Je inaifanya CUF kuwa chama kikuu cha upinzani? Kama CUF wanapewa nafasi na wanapokea kwa furaha Chadema nao wakipewa wafanye vipi?

kale kale ka kanuni ka waingereza bado kako valid: Wagawanye, uwatawale. Issues at hand: Is Chadema leadership ready for the show or treat the Cabinet as a storm on the cup of tea? or they have already agreed that it is a water under the bridge scernario? Kazi kwenu!

CCM have neither the need nor a pressing cause for extending a single cabinet post to Chadema. They have more than enough factions within their own ranks that need appeasement and reconciliation. Their meddling into opposition affairs was done long before the general elections with the agreement with CUF over how best to divide the cake in the isles. The isles' GNU has already created enough ripples to be considered a success as far as unsettling the opposition camp is concerned.

What we will see in the course of the next five years will be a courting of the smaller opposition parties leading to a more marginalisation of Chadema. Let's also not forget with all due respect the gains made by Chadema are still by all counts insignificant to influence either the budget or the passing of bills in the house and as such they will remain just another mouthpiece. The onus is on Chadema is prove that they are a party that is serious, united, coherent, mature and non seasonal. I wish them all the best for without them we may all as well just go to sleep and hope that we wake up in 2015. Chadema have enough people in their ranks to suggest that they are capable of addressing the challenges ahead.

In my opinion, CCM have already given the opposition enough rope to hang themselves and now it's time that they sort out their own intra party issues.

On the other hand, would Chadema agree to become part of a cabinet whose primary agenda is to carry out the manifesto of the ruling party? Wouldn't this contradict what they believe in (i.e Chadema's manifesto/electoral pledges)? Or would we just hear the usual time honoured drab that "We are all for maintaining peace and that we are all partner in development" ?

Sure, every party's manifesto is written with the aim of bringing about positive change in the livelihood of Tanzanians but what set them apart are the areas of priority and mode of application. Now would Chadema be willing to be party to this? What would the reaction of their supporters and well wishers be?

PatPending.. that is also very true.. kwangu mimi I think it will be good for the opposition kama Baraza litakuwa lote ni la CCM kwani the polarization of the country will be more pronounced.

Lt. Jakaya Kikwete, Lt. Yusuph Makamba, Col. Abdulrahman Kinana, Capt. George Mkuchika, and Capt. John Chiligati -- with the exception of the Harvard-educated Kinana, all the aforementioned ex-military officers are political clowns. They are more prone to shooting themselves in the foot and scoring own goals as Jenereli Ulimwengu aptly put it. Kwa mbaali Chiligati ana akili kwa kupinga Samuel Sitta asifukuzwe kama Spika, but the Rostam gang will surely punish him for that.

Mkandara,

Even though I agree with you, lakini kuna move moja najaribu kuielewa kutoka kwa Mkwere na ni ngumu kueleweka. Basically, huyu bwana anaweza kwa kiwango kikubwa sana kuuleta UGorbachov na msijeshangaa kusikia mgongano ulioko ndani ya CCM ukakipasua chama kabisa huku yeye kwa tabasamu akinawa mikono na kuwaachia vijana kina January Makamba kukiunda upya CCM na watakuja na moto wa kasi kushangaza.

Jiulizeni aliwezaje kuwalainisha na kuwazidi akili kina Salmin na kuleta muafaka Zanzibar!

Kumbuka hawezi kulete 'siasa za ujenzi wa nyumba mpya' [Prestrooika] ukichukulia kwamba lazima apate 'assuarance' kwamba yeye na kizazi chake na mali zao zitalindwa. Otherwise: JK na timu yake wanajua utamu wa keki ya taifa na wako radhi kutumia mamluki wa kisiasa kuilinda isikwapuliwe.

Baraza la mawaziri limechaguliwa zaidi kuzingatia kanda! kwa hiyo kila kona ya nchi safari hii inatoa waziri.

Mzee MM, assume that your predictions happens to be valid....What causes of action should we advise CHADEMA to undertake so as to avoid serious damage of CHADEMA's credibility to the Public? I think much of our discussion should be focussed on the healing side....
This is not even about Zitto.. for Zitto is good being the Asst Opposition leader and CCM knows that so.. ningekuwa CCM siwezi kumpa Zitto offer ya Uwaziri! Kumpa Zitto is too predictable! wape wengine halafu Zitto na Mbowe na watu walio nyuma wao wajikuta wanachukua opposing sides. It is not about Zitto at all kwa upande wa CCM this is about the attack on CHADEMA.

Unfortunately MM CCM has no Grand Plan as a united political party. I concur with Mkandara above that CCM is jus a grand and complex convolution of groups and individuals with self interrests, self-enrichment and personal gratifications agendas conjoined by presence of uncontrolled government resources (Money and power). Very few indeed give a shit about CCM itself.

Vitu vingi hata vinavyoangukia upande wao hutokea kwa bahati tu na unaweza kuona kuwa si siku zote CCM itakuwa na bahati. Itakuwa ni single surprise drop and CCM will be gone for ever. Hakuna strategist anayekaa na kupanga mambo haya ndani ya CCM na hata kama wapo, mamipango yao huishia kwenye mashubaka ya pale Lumumba!!

Omega.. umefanya nini tena?? LOL.. believe me.. underestimate CCM at your own peril. CCM walizembea sana this past five years strategically speaking na wamelipa gharama ya kutosha tu. Sidhani hata kidogo wataenda 2015 kwa udhaifu waliokuwa nao kwa sababu wakianguka point 10 tu kwenye uchaguzi wa Rais guess wako wapi?

MMJ

CCM hawakuzembea, ndio culture yao, hakuna mwenye mapenzi na nchi hii. CCM kama ni kuzembea ni pale walipomuweka JK madarakani 2005, na shida ilianzia pale kwa sababu alisimikwa kwa matakwa ya watu. Na kama MMJ una uchambuzi mahiri, utakubaliana na mimi kuwa miaka 5 ijayo itakuwa ni zaidi na come 2015 utashuhudia mpasuko mkubwa zaidi kwa kuwa wakati huo itakuwa utawala binafsi, hakuna incumbent wala nini, na JK amekosa heshima na utashi ndani ya CCM so hataheshimika kwa lolote.

JK alijaribu kujitoa kwenye kitanzi hicho this time, akaitumia familia yake kumfanyia kampeni, lakini hali ndio ilikuwa mbaya kabisa, na alifika pahala akaona bora yaishe akasalimu amri. So he is not there kwa matakwa yake, yupo pale kwa maslahi ya hao wanajeshi wenzake, kina Makamba etc na mafisadi waliomuweka. JK baada ya 2015 is as good as no body, so walioinvest kumuweka pale kipindi hiki cha 5 years to come ndio wakati wa kurudisha investment yao with maximum profit. So kusema 2015 CCM watakuwa strong kuliko 2010 ni kichekesho na kinakosa circumstancial evidence

Umesema Chadema hawajawashukuru wanachama na wapenzi wake, well said, lakini ujue kuwa hakuna chama kingine kimeshafanya hivyo. Nadhani shukurani ya chadema inaambatana na maswali mengi kutoka kwa wapenzi kutaka kujua what happened, and what is the next step. So ni vyema wakajipa muda ili waweze kuadress hayo maswali

Hii habari ya kuwa watu walikuwa confused kwa kitendo cha Chadema kuwalk out, MMJ, I dont buy it, ni magazeti na watu kama wewe mnapotosha, wengi wameelewa and it is not the first time wapinzani kususia, CUF walifanya hivyo for almost 10 years, so kusema watu walikuwa confused, ni kupotosha umma kwa makusudi, na wewe, of all people unashiriki katika kueneza propaganda za CCM, YOU BETTER STOP. Chambua hali halisi, acha kujikita kwenye ushabiki wa magazeti, please. Wewe umeongea na nani akakuambia alikuwa confused?

Huu uchambuzi wako unakosa nguvu kwa kuwa mambo mengi uliyosema hayajafanyiwa research kuyadhibitisha and you could have summarize it in few paragraph badala ya kutuandikia paper, I respect you so much, but kuna sehemu umepotoka na kukosa mwelekeo

Zitto ni zigo, japo wengi wanampenda. Kumtua kutaleta rabsha kubwa katika chama. In fact nampenda Mnyika mara mia, anapangilia hoja vizuri. Nafasi ya Zito ingechukuliwa na Mnyika. Zito arudi CCM. Ananunulika, anajifanya anajua kila kitu wakati hajui. Zitto should be set aside. Vijana wengine watainuka na kuwa viongozi bora sana. Sometimes inabidi tuumie kidogo kwa ajili ya taifa

Chadema must fight a guerrilla warfare and so far they are pathetic................................I disagree with you on ministerial enticements.................By refusing to take NEC to court Chadema lost the initiative......................JK now holds the political leverage and the sway..................the only way you can refuse to recognize a sworn president is by taking him to court challenging his election as was an outcome of fraud................you do not exploit constitutional shrubbery as a scapegoat from discharging your onus..........

JK will name his cabinet today and most of familiar faces will be back because JK is a prisoner of vested interests in his party.......................he is increasingly looking politically a spent force........and irrelevant to define the future of our nation...............JK is also more vulnerable to internal CCM wranglings than to what Chadema will or may offer............as a political force to reckon with.........................Jk will endear himself to assuage belligerent members of his party than worrying about CHADEMA WHO SEEMS DEVOID OF CREATIVE IDEAS AND THE AUDACITY TO LEAD THIS NATION.............to the Promised Land......

Ruta I have been one of your fan in your posts but please dont diss CDM like this, just give them some time you never know they might act accordingly, depending on their strategies they want to use,taking NEC to court it can be one of the optional strategies in realizing CDM actions against the move

I am too very disappointed by Chadema, and in particular Dr Slaa for resorting to this privacy. The only reason I would think of would to ensure stability of the country as I believe if he had come out in the first week after the election results were announced and gave out a strong speech against these results and put forward hard evidence to support his case, many of us would have been so furious even to take part in violent demonstrations which would have hampered the security of our nation.

However it is now a month and we DEMAND to hear from him, he need to tell us with EVIDENCE the real results (even if it is for 10 constituents that they have finished reviewing) and he need to tell us what their new strategy is to ensure that we have our new constitution.

Back
Top Bottom