Middle class in sub-Sahara Africa to double in 8 years

Mwembetayari

JF-Expert Member
Feb 21, 2012
The middle class population in sub-Sahara Africa is expected to double in the next eight years, driving up consumer spending.

This is further expected to grow the economies of the region by 5.4 per cent this year, higher than the projected world average of 3.5 per cent this year, analysts at British American Asset Management have said.

The middle class population is set to hit 626 million by 2020 and 1.232 billion by 2030, given the high growth potential of African economies, which has also seen interest from international companies making investments on the continent.

“The GDP per capita has increased substantially, implying that Africa’s household spending should increase tremendously. The middle class population in Kenya is growing significantly, going by the developments we are seeing in the economy,” British American Asset Management managing director Edwin Dande said while releasing the outlook of the economy this year.

Kenya’s middle class population is currently estimated at close to 16 million people, representing about 43 per cent of the total population.

The analysts, however, indicated that Kenya’s GDP is to grow by 5 per cent this year, given the improving conditions in the environment.

Already, inflation has fallen to 13.06 per cent in April this year from a high of 19.72 per cent in November last year.

kenya juu appropriate title should haave been kenya middle class to double in 8 years

Nairobbery, I honestly don't like what you are trying to do in this forums, I highly doubt that you are Kenyan and if you are, you are doing an injustice to your country. I hope AB tichaz deals with this issue.

msaliti

Nairoberry,

Now that my attention has been called to this thread I'm wondering why you are
calling Mwembetayari, 'Kenyajuu'.... What's up with that?

Please trade carefully on this matter coz its looking like a violation of somebody's privacy.

Secondly, we also frown upon baiting other members of this forum....its a big NO NO!

Ab-Titchaz

Last edited by a moderator:
Nairobbery, I honestly don't like what you are trying to do in this forums, I highly doubt that you are Kenyan and if you are, you are doing an injustice to your country. I hope AB tichaz deals with this issue.

Smatta, Nairobbery hajakosea sana hapo sema ana matatizo ya kufikiri kishabikishabiki hivi. Si Objective. Inaonekana yeye anadhani katika watu 626 million in Sub Sahara Africa, kama 16 million ni kutoka Kenya, basi kwingine kute hao 610 milion siyo significant as long as 16 milioni wapo Kenya.

Mwandishi wa article alitaka kuipatia stori weight ya region kwa maneno The middle class population is set to hit 626 million by 2020 and 1.232 billion by 2030, given the high growth potential of African economies, which has also seen interest from international companies making investments on the continent.

Msamehe tu huyu mdogo wetu. Mungu aliumba personalities aina aina kuchangamsha dunia.

Nairoberry,

Please trade carefully on this matter coz its looking like a violation of somebody's privacy.

Secondly, we also frown upon baiting other members of this forum....its a big NO NO!

Ab-Titchaz

hmmmm!

Nairobbery, I honestly don't like what you are trying to do in this forum, I highly doubt that you are Kenyan and if you are, you are doing an injustice to your country. I hope AB tichaz deals with this issue.

Aisee Smatta.... why are you holding on the guy..... is free to tell what he feels is right notwithstanding the JF articles.

The middle class population in sub-Sahara Africa is expected to double in the next eight years, driving up consumer spending.

This is further expected to grow the economies of the region by 5.4 per cent this year, higher than the projected world average of 3.5 per cent this year, analysts at British American Asset Management have said.

The middle class population is set to hit 626 million by 2020 and 1.232 billion by 2030, given the high growth potential of African economies, which has also seen interest from international companies making investments on the continent.

"The GDP per capita has increased substantially, implying that Africa's household spending should increase tremendously. The middle class population in Kenya is growing significantly, going by the developments we are seeing in the economy," British American Asset Management managing director Edwin Dande said while releasing the outlook of the economy this year.

Kenya's middle class population is currently estimated at close to 16 million people, representing about 43 per cent of the total population.

The analysts, however, indicated that Kenya's GDP is to grow by 5 per cent this year, given the improving conditions in the environment.

Already, inflation has fallen to 13.06 per cent in April this year from a high of 19.72 per cent in November last year.

Kindly.... cite the authority...

Nairoberry,

Ab-Titchaz
Let us be reasonable for a second. What he said was not lost in translation but is being misconstrued and I gather there is ulterior motive. Nairoberry did not call me Kenya Juu, he simply said Kenya Juu; he praised Kenya for the achievement noted in the article.

It is well within his rights to express his views and I think it is shameful for such a deliberate attempt at muzzling him to be supported but it is not shocking.

Kenya Juu!

When did 'Kenya Juu' become and insult?! I thought the insult was nyanga'u

Let us be reasonable for a second. What he said was not lost in translation but is being misconstrued and I gather there is ulterior motive. Nairoberry did not call me Kenya Juu, he simply said Kenya Juu; he praised Kenya for the achievement noted in the article.

It is well within his rights to express his views and I think it is shameful for such a deliberate attempt at muzzling him to be supported but it is not shocking.

Kenya Juu!

When did 'Kenya Juu' become and insult?! I thought the insult was nyanga'u

Mwembetayari,

Thank you for bringing the discourse to my understanding. However the person
addressed should have seen fit to answer on the matter. I let it rest.

Secondly, I did not say anywhere in my piece that insults were used or inferred.
Kindly enlighten me on where you get that notion.

Thirdly, no attempt to muzzle anyone is in the offing and please stop being jittery
and hallucinating over your own fears.

You have yourself a good day.

Ab-Titchaz.

Back
Top Bottom