Mexco ruling party picks up a female candidate

RedDevil

JF-Expert Member
Apr 30, 2009
Conservative National Action Party chooses Josefina Vazquez Mota to run for president on July 1.
Vazquez Mota was elected late on Sunday with 55 per cent of votes from National Action Party (PAN) members, with 86.7 per cent of votes counted, meaning she had a large enough lead to avoid a second round run-off.
Former finance minister Ernesto Cordero scored 38.1 per cent and Santiago Creel, a former interior minister, took 5.21 per cent.
Jose Espina, the president of the PAN electoral commission, said: "For the computed percentage, the tendency appears to me to be irreversible."
"I'm going to be the country's first female president," Vazquez Mota said following the annoucement.
'I am not afraid!'
Vazquez Mota is the first female to stand for president from one of the country's three main parties.
The former parliamentarian and ex-minister of both education and social development is seeking to take over from President Felipe Calderon, who can only serve one six-year term under the constitution.

My Take: Tulianza na kwa Charles Taylor, tukaja Brazil na sasa Mexco. Sasa kinachofuata ni bongo kwa Magamba ili yaendelee kuwepo madarakani.
Bofya hapa

Back
Top Bottom