Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Meet the SWAGs (Service Wives And Girlfriends),

Discussion in 'Jamii Photos' started by Babylon, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Babylon

Babylon JF-Expert Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :A S clock:Meet the SWAGs (Service Wives And Girlfriends), whose cheeky naked calendar has raised £26,000 for Help For Heroes

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://scripts.dailymail.co.uk/js/diggthis.js"></SCRIPT>

Last updated at 1:45 PM on 20th April 2010

A group of military wives and girlfriends have become 'Calendar Girls' to raise money for injured servicemen and women.
    The SWAGs (Service Wives And Girlfriends) posed naked with guns, planes and tanks for the 2010 charity calendar.
    A total of 50 volunteers, all wives and girlfriends of men from the three Armed services, were photographed at bases and training facilities in Hampshire.

[​IMG]
    Royal Navy 'SWAGs' Lisa, Francesca, Vicki and Lynsey pose up for the calendar on board a submarine​

[​IMG]
    Not to be outdone, RAF wives and girlfriends Hannah, Kelly and Catherine are pictured next to a jet fighter
    [​IMG] The Army is well-represent too, with (l-R) Charlie, Lisa, Lona, Susan (top) Kayla and Chantelle on manoeuvres​
    [​IMG]
    Good cause: SWAGs' charity calendar ​

The calendar has already raised £26,000, which will go to help servicemen who have been wounded in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    Lisa Fellows-Patel, 43, who lives near Bath, Somerset, and poses as April in the calendar, said she is 'proud' to have supported our troops.
    She said: 'An old schoolfriend is in the British army and was posted to Afghanistan.
    'I felt the only way I could truly support him from home was to do charity work for Help For Heroes and as I model for fun a girlfriend suggested I help with the calendar.
    'I was very proud to be involved with the calendar as I truly admire the work that the British armed forces are doing in Afghanistan.
    'The night before I was extremely nervous but told myself that if the armed forces are overseas fighting on my behalf I would have the courage to get naked and do my bit.
    'The finished calendar is fabulous it's very cheeky but not offensive and I love it.'

[​IMG] Backing our services, Faye, Maria, Vashti relax on an RAF jet's wing​
    Kelly Monk, 20, whose boyfriend Andrew Mason, 21, serves in the Princess of Wales' Second Battalion, came up with the idea for the calendar.
    Kelly, of Botley, Hants., says: 'I got together with Andrew's sister Sam to do the shoot and it just snowballed from there.
    'We were nervous at first but then we really started enjoying it and everyone had a laugh. My boyfriend is fine with it. He knows that it's for a good cause.'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The September girls, left, tackle an assault course and, right, all the girls pose up with a copy of the calendar​
    Photographer Roy Goodwin, who helped shoot the calendar, added: 'About 50 girls got involved in total and they were all volunteers.
    'They put in a lot of work and dedication to make the calendar happen and we even had to smuggle them into an army base for one shot.' *

Anyone wishing to buy the calendar should visit: www.swagcalendar.co.uk

[​IMG]
    A group of 'SWAGs' study the photographer's work after posing alongside some tanks​

2. Sajenti

Sajenti JF-Expert Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Mh! Hao kama ni ma-CD tu sawa. Kweli mke au g/frind wako akajianike kihivyo ili iwe nini?? Haya bana najua wenzetu wako mbele dakika nyingi mpaka wanapagawa!!

3. Pape

Pape JF-Expert Member

Apr 20, 2010
    hawa ni wehu watupu....

4. RayB

RayB JF-Expert Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Si kweli ni biznezi kitu hii hilo jeshi litakuwa nidhamu hamna kabisa