Max and Mike take Tanzania’s IT market by storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Dad

JF-Expert Member
Dec 15, 2010
Inspiring Internet entrepreneurs: Jammi Forums surfs on Internet technology. When it comes to playing with tech toys, these two are making it happen.

Friends Max and Mike have known each other for years and have a couple of things in common: they love technology and they both have business-savvy brains. The duo started their enterprise with Jammi Forums, an online presence that is seeing almost double the number of people signing up daily in Tanzania than sign up to Facebook. That's a staggering statement when you consider the impact that Facebook has had online.

If it's got to do with information technology, these two are interested. They design websites, design blogs, develop digital strategies, register domains and consult to businesses for their information technology needs. And the best part is that they don't even need to work in an office to get their work done.

As long as I have my BlackBerry and my Apple MacBook, I don't need to be in the office. I can be at home and get all my work done," says Max proudly.

The pair have targeted the Tanzanian youth as a major marketplace for business as these future generations are the ones accessing the online world more than anyone else.

What do they want? Technology. So we give them that," says Mike.

What is the secret to their success?

You don't create something for you – you create something for your customers, for what they want. This will keep them coming back," says Max, who explains that their forum receives a minimum of 1 000 posts per day and is growing at a rate of 25 percent every month.

Technology is big business in Africa, and when you're able to give your customers a tailor-made service that they want, you know you've struck it lucky.

source: http://www.africareport.com/success...-and-mike-take-tanzania's-it-market-by-storm/

Status
Not open for further replies.