Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Marouane Chamakh is a poor man's Cristiano Ronaldo

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Lucchese DeCavalcante, May 24, 2010.

1. Lucchese DeCavalcante

Lucchese DeCavalcante JF-Expert Member

May 24, 2010
    What the football world has said about Gunners signing Marouane Chamakh...

Chamakh, 26, scored 79 goals in 293 appearances for the Girondins outfit before his contract expired this summer. The Gunners beat Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Juventus and a clutch of Russian sides to the Moroccan international's signature.

So much has been said of the Moroccan, such was the length of the Gunners’ pursuit of the Ligue 1 marksmen, and here is Goal.com UK’s pick of the bunch...

[​IMG]
    “If he has an area in which he needs to raise his game it’s his efficiency in front of goal. Sometimes his technical ability in the last 20 metres needs to be improved.”
    Remi Garde, Arsene Wenger's first Arsenal signing, speaking to Goal.com UK in March

[​IMG]

“Is it because of his affection to the club that he takes his time to reply? I find him hard to understand. But we have so much friendship and respect for this boy that we wish him good luck.”

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud is left bemused by Chamakh's reluctance to confirm his intentions as Arsenal's interest grows

[​IMG]

"We have plenty of strikers. Eduardo has made a recovery and Nicklas Bendtner has extended his contract; that means we have strikers."
    Arsene Wenger plays down fears that Chamakh not joining Arsenal in January would leave him short of options

[​IMG]
    "Chamakh is technically very good and is similar to Cristiano Ronaldo in his style, tricks and even his looks. However, he’s very much a poor man’s version as he’s nowhere near as good. In fact, he is like Ronaldo at his worst in terms of going to ground at every opportunity."
    Tony Cascarino

[​IMG]
    "He has big potential and would fit perfectly in our team."
    Samir Nasri

“I don't know Chamakh personally but I know him from TV. He looks a good player."
    Robin van Persie

[​IMG]

“I think the boy Chamakh is a good player.”

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood

[​IMG]

"Chamakh is a striker of real quality and has all the attributes suited to come to England and do very well. He is also a fighter, not only a good football player, but a fighter as well. He is very good in the air and also a good team player.”
    Arsene Wenger

2. Lucchese DeCavalcante

Lucchese DeCavalcante JF-Expert Member

May 25, 2010
    Hii ni dhihaka kwa kweli