Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Mariah Carey: "I Was Naive" About Singing for Qaddafi Family

Discussion in 'Celebrities Forum' started by Edward Teller, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Edward Teller

Edward Teller JF-Expert Member

Mar 3, 2011
    [FONT=&quot]She's always in demand, but Mariah Carey tells UsMagazine.com that she's going to pay a lot more attention to who she's singing for in the future.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Last month Wikileaks revealed that the songbird had been paid $1 million to sing four songs for the son of Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi at a party in the Caribbean in 2006.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I was naive and unaware of who I was booked to perform for," Carey, 40, says in a statement. "I feel horrible and embarrassed to have participated in this mess."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And the diva isn't shirking the blame. "Ultimately we as artists are to be held accountable," she said. "Going forward, this is a lesson for all artists to learn from. We need to be more aware and take more responsibility regardless of who books our shows."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other entertainers including Beyonce and Usher, also unknowingly performed for members of the dictator's family, and there has been pressure to donate the money. Something Carey is already on top of, according to her rep, Cindi Berger.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Mariah has and continues to donate time, money, and countless hours of personal service both here and abroad," Berger tells Us.[/FONT]

2. Mallaba

Mallaba JF-Expert Member

Mar 4, 2011
    wazirudishe basi kama wanaumia kweli?
    Nelly Furtado naye amesema atarudisha baadhi ya pesa au kugawa kwa charity.

3. Edward Teller

Edward Teller JF-Expert Member

Mar 5, 2011
    kurudisha ndo jambo la maana-kama alikuwa hajui-sasa anajua-akishindwa kurudishwa apeleke kwenye charity

4. P

Pedro Senior Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Warudishe fedha za nini wakati kazi washafanya? wewe ikujulikana kuwa mwenye kampuni unayofanyia kazi ni mwizi utarudisha mishahara uliyolipwa?

5. FaizaFoxy

FaizaFoxy JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Wazilete JF tugawane!