Maneno Mengi; Evening of Poetry

Msanii

Platinum Member
Jul 4, 2007
Waheshimiwa nimetumiwa hii kitu nimona nishee nanyi. Natumaini huko bongo mambo yatakuwa si haba, Nakumbuka sana zile enzi zetu za kughani mahsiri shuleni sijui kama ile spirit bado inaendelea....

PRESS RELEASE

Maneno Mengi ‘An Evening of words and poems’

When: 12th March, 2009. at 07.00 p.m.
Where: Garden of the Goethe-Institut

Organised by: GOETHE-INSTITUT Tanzania
Artists: Mrisho Mpoto (Tanzania);
Sandra Mushi (Tanzania):- (poems recited by Maya Wegerif and Langa Sarakikya);
Special Guest: Neema Mwatilo (Kenya)
Followed by an Open Mic Session

And other thought is misfortune
Is death and night to me:
I hum no supportable tune,
I can no poet be.
J.W. von Goethe, (from a Song over the Unconfidence toward Myself)

Maneno Mengi ‘the evening of words and poems’ showcases the talents and innovative ways of presentations from different poets. Performing artists from different backgrounds and with various experiences; they will bring the audience closer through their expressions and performance. The messages of poems are assorted; they focus on society issues, love and relationship and about different life experiences at most.

Mrisho Mpoto, renowned Tanzanian poet who released several pieces with a unique flavour, will perform at the opening.
Sandra Mushi, a famous Tanzanian female poet who recently launched her poetry book ‘The Rhythm of My Rhyme’. Her poems will be recited by Maya Wegerif and Langa Sarakikya both from Tanzania.
Our Special guest artist of the night is Neema Mwatilo from Kenya, who will showcase her unique poem reciting, which includes spoken words as well as body language. Neema is a young and energetic performer who in the future will most likely be legendry in her style.
The open mic session will follow after the artists’ performances. In this section, the speakers will use the freedom of the platform while interacting with the audience. The entrance is free. Car parking along the street.

The Goethe-Institut is located in Upanga at the former Polish Embassy. This is at Block No. 63 on Alykhan Road, opposite the exit from the Upanga Jamatkhana Mosque (off Ali Hassani Mwinyi Road)