e4d6dcd721ed9be88d0595db93aebef0.jpg
Bastian ndiyo wamemsula kabisa?!

Paul Pogba is presenting a "big problem" for Jose Mourinho and has "no positional sense," former Manchester United midfielder Johnny Giles has told Newstalk. Giles, who won the 1963 FA Cup with United while playing under Sir Matt Busby, was also critical of Wayne Rooney and Zlatan Ibrahimovic after United's difficult start to the season.

"I don't think Jose Mourinho is convinced about anything that he's doing at Manchester United," Giles said. "You've got the Rooney problem, you've got the Pogba problem, you've got the Ibrahimovic problem.

"I think Rooney has taken all the publicity on what's wrong but the big glaring thing that's wrong is Pogba. Pogba was bought as the complete midfield player.

Mourinho said he's the complete midfield player, he can control the game, he can do this, he can do that. He can't. He's a big problem.

"I think Ibrahimovic is a problem because, if Ibrahimovic is not scoring a goal a game, he's not justifying his position. Early on, he was scoring but he hasn't scored for six matches now and I'm not sure he's going to score that many goals for Manchester United."

Mourinho initially used Pogba as one of the deeper midfielders but has pushed him forward recently, including in Wednesday's 1-0 win over Manchester City in the EFL Cup, when the France international produced another unconvincing display. Giles said: "I think he needs to find a position where he doesn't have any real responsibility, a bit like the [Eric] Cantona position when he was playing at Manchester United.

"I think he has ability but he certainly doesn't have the midfielder's ability to control a game because he has no positional sense."

Mourinho told Sky Sports this week that Pogba's problems are "not tactical" and he could play in many positions, adding: "He would be a phenomenal central defender."

Screenshot_2016-10-28-14-26-36.png

MOURINHO: MKHITARYAN IS NOT INJURED BUT NEEDS TIME TO

The Portuguese has confirmed his big-money summer signing is fit and training with the team but has hinted he is struggling to get used to the intensity of English football

Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Henrikh Mkhitaryan is not injured but still needs time to adjust to the Premier League following his summer move from Borussia Dortmund.

Mkhitaryan has made just four appearances for the Red Devils, his last coming in the 2-1 Premier League defeat to Manchester City in September when he was substituted at half-time.

The Armenian international was left out of the squad again for the midweek EFL Cup clash with City at Old Trafford and Mourinho admits he is not injured.

“Mkhitaryan is not injured, he is training with the team 100%," he told reporters.

“Some players have the profile of adapting easily but some other players need more time to feel the intensity. Some players need time to feel the competitiveness and the level of work without the ball.

“Mkhi needs time to become the top player we know he can be."

Mourinho also compared Mkhitaryan's situation with that of other top stars who he feels took time to adjust when they moved to new clubs.

“I don’t like to speak about players from other clubs but Willian when he arrived at Chelsea had problems, he went through a process," he added.

“When Di Maria arrived in Madrid from Portugal he had to adapt his game to a new reality but he did it.

“Of course we believe in Miki and sooner or later there will be no problem.”

Back
Top Bottom